[A-RP] Bayerleyn Retinue - Green and Gold, Ever Bold!

The Bayerleyn coat of arms:
The tabard heraldry depicts a golden pine with forest green background. Some liveries and the standard tapistries of the Household have a cascade of yellow and golden leaves by the edges, trimming down the whole length of the item.

The intense green background represents the natural beauty of the homeland, the verdantry of grasslands and wilds granting us nurture and living space: what we’re sworn to protect.

The gold pine represents both the radiance and warmth of the sun, mirrored in the bright faith of the Holy Light, since always the religion of the Kingdom, on par saviour to us as the steel our arm relies on.

The pine itself is image of resilience and resistance to natural adversities. The oak ages on and outlives a pine, yet when winter comes the oak is deprived of its vitality and its colours, left to wither. The pine still stands green and alive. The winter, being the harshmost time of the year for our people, when we need to live on storaged crops and stocks, and we quest for the warmth of the chimney fire and home.

The falling leaves are the volatility of life, especially the one of the dutyful soldier. Veritably being the autumn leaf attached to branch of tree, shivering and trembly, at the mercy of the gusting breezes and blowing winds of war.

Brief Introduction:

Greetings everyone,
The Bayerleyn Retinue is a guild that was created in June 2010 and since then exists in the roleplay landscape of Argent Dawn.

The guild concept is ‘Militant Household’, armed forces of the Kingdom of Stormwind with due flexibility to also, on occasion, pursue personal goals and interests, to branch out in potential ‘noble’ or ‘political’ roleplay if that was to happen. This allows to both take part in RP-PvP campaigns, or to have a rainbow of storyteller driven missions.

We go by the concept of ‘recruit the player’ more than the character. Characters are expression of a player interest, what they want to enact. But in a community - for a guild is definitely one - to have amicable and hopefully reliable players is far more important than to have super-duper characters. This may keep the guild limited in numbers, but it helps a lot safekeeping the environment guild members have their enjoyment in.

Since some years the guild recruits only characters of at least 18 years of age, and the same request is extended to the player controlling the character. Also the interested character in joining (Unless alt of a player already in the guild) has to be of the maximum level the current expansion allows.

Guild Information through a Webpage:

The Bayerleyn Retinue has a webpage since many years, a good way to allow players read at their own calm and leisure our information, spanning through ranks, rules, uniforms and so on.

As it seems the new forums do not allow me to post links - thus I suspect interested players have to Google for our webpage. Use the Guild Name, and pick the one with the Enjin domain.

But I shall give a resume here of what you may find out:

Recruited Races / Classes:
While we do not have Class restriction per se, se have Race restrictions (That factually rule out DHs).
Humans of any origin, Dwarves of all types, Void elves (and High elves using Velf or Human model), Worgen (as long as they keep to human form except when in battle or similar situation requiring worgen form).
We’re open to other character concepts derailing from the in-game offered races but for these situation we’re to know OOC first and give green light. (Basic examples: Sayaad / Dragon etc in disguise character). I admit there I’d rather know the roleplayer first before to take them in on special concepts and in the past when such propositions came from strangers my usual answer was to try out the guild first on a regular race character so that we may experience how the roleplay.

Uniforms:
Yes, we do use uniforms. We’re regular forces of a Kingdom, not some band of mercenaries or gathering of individual heroes.
Also ‘custom options’ as a special weapon or so can represent forms of progression (finding a magical weapon in a storyteller driven event, being granted a special item on being promoted to officer or so, etcetera).

Ranks
The guild is old, and not too large. It is my belief that it is pointless to have a bazillion of officers or high ranked people to handle a few soldiers.
Also it takes some time to rank up in the guild - since rank are tied to your activity and guild commitment in general.
Considering we’re a military oriented (militant) guild, officers are expected to have a decent degree of gear (to not be roflstomped in Rp PvP campaigns at least) and that is a kind of position where I demand to be able to talk on voice with them.
Though gearing up to a degree is always encouraged.

Rules:
The Guild has a long list of rules, covering mounts we use, how travelling is handled, a list of topics best to avoid in guild chat (such as religion, etc), and other notions. The ‘Rules’ page is something we expect a new recruit to read properly before to apply.

Other notions on the webpage:
We have both an art gallery with commissioned work of current and former characters and forums where stories are posted. Some background information on the Household. Designer notes where it is explained ‘why green?’ and other curiosities related to why the guild is as it is.
We also have a DM System (Rolling modifiers, statistics, etcetera) that’s on our forums.

Non RP activities?
I do not really expect players to join a RP guild with hopes to run PvE content or the like. But no one will gun at you if you ask in guild chat if anyone wants to run a M+ or do some arena. Just be aware players join this guild for RP, and anything non RP related can just be an extra.

11 Likes

Just back from a Northrend rp-pvp campaign and looking forward to our next adventure.

5 Likes

FAQ:

What’s the guild stance on ERP?
The Guild do not support or condone of ERP in public.
If players are interested in that aspect of roleplay - to use party chat, instances or other private means outside of the game to enact their situations is perfectly fine.

Are players in the guild forced in any sort RP they do not like? Or in the specifics, ERP?
No, no one is forced in RP situations they do not like.
But as part of our recruitment process, through our application form, it is asked to an applying player to state any kind of RP they’re not comfortable about, which may vary from a wide variety of ‘morally grey’ behaviours and so forth.
Some players read text as they like and interpretate the words in accord to their own whims. Especially when it comes to the roleplay aspect that covers intimate interactions between characters.

1 Like

Why is there a rule that your character must sleep with the Lord and encourage people to ERP which is against the game rules?

Taken from your own website

The Lord and the Women in green

• If you are a female greencoat, and you gain the interest of His Lordship, he may asks you for your company.
  • You are entitled to answer as you deem most appropriate, verbally, to His Lordship.

OOC:

• If you are set at discomfort from even a talk in that department you’re advocated to give heads up via whispers so the situation whole can be avoided.
  • If what above happens, but your character is in a garrison often with someone else, it may lead to strong suspicions that you lied. (It happened)
  • Some players are fine to have talks, but prefer to ‘fade to black’ anything beyond that. In that case a whisper helps when your zone of comfort boundary has been reached.

And if you dont want to ERP with you but someone else that is not okay, ego much? (Aiming at the garrison incident lol)

48 Likes

I looked it up. That is genuinely on there.

That is disgusting. Why is this guild still on the server?

Another line from the website:

Dress Code

IC:

On duty: You use your uniform and assigned equipment.
Off duty: You are to keep a Bayerleyn green theme.
Underwear: Green chromed with golden pine patterns.

Why would you specify your recruits’ underwear?

That’s messed up.

30 Likes

because its become such a meme at this point people just shake their heads and go “oh shonn you devil you” and carry on

on a serious note, shonn you’re a filthy pig. get off the server u lowlife

11 Likes

Shonn is a simple man, all he needs is women in underwear of his choice.

3 Likes

The Bayerlayn retinue - fade to black, :sweat_drops: on your back.

44 Likes

you win the forums today sir

3 Likes

Erm, I was not aware of that. Absolutely disgusting, not sure why anyone would tolerate that kind of thing.

A lot of you guys posting don’t know about Bayerleyn’s history do you?

2 Likes

No, I do. Doesn’t make it okay though just because it’s been going on a long time.

1 Like

Only thing I know is that they are around for ages. I wasn’t aware that they conducted such weird and creepy rp.

Shonn is a simple man, only wishing from life a band of women who wear the underwear of their lord’s choice.

3 Likes

Is this 2014? Have I been forced into a DeLorean?

Aerilen, we’ve got to go back

10 Likes

Makes it even worse if anything.

`https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyr01MxVumg you missed this?

It was more an observation on how dead horses continue to get beaten by way of new/unaware players. Not their fault right enough. Also I never said that their trademark at this point was okay, it’s typically weird and not okay.

Tl:dr I feel old looking at this

1 Like

Rereading my post, I see how it came across as me thinking you had implied it was fine. Sorry about that.

It’s just disgusting, tbf. The fact Shonn is able to sign up for and attend large scale campaigns when he’s so obviously flaunting this behaviour is appalling.

9 Likes

Edit: Also, I have to say,

that is actually messed up on many levels. I double-checked and was kinda taken aback by that being true.

3 Likes