[A-RP] Festival of the Tides - Come One, Come All! (4th August)

TL:DR
Who?: Kul Tirans and members of the Alliance.

What?: Coming together for a once-a-month festival focused on worshipping the Tidemother in prayers lead by Tidesages, followed by an open-market and general festivities.

When?: Once every two months, on the sunday of the first weekend of each month, with the next festival being Augst 4th at 20:00 Realm Time.

Where?: Unity Square or Tradewinds Market.

Why?: To provide a fun event in which members of the community can come together for roleplay in Kul Tiras that is both in-fitting with the religious nature of the nation, and for characters to have the option to set up in-character stalls and interact with one another, or other performances and sermons.

What is it?
The Festival of the Tides is an initiative I hope will happen once a month following the launch of Battle for Azeroth, with the first festival having taken place on September 2nd, 2019. I thought it would be nice to bring this back and keep breathing life into Boralus-based roleplay now that Kul Tiran Marine has returned, and I think this will be a great opportunity to bring the Alliance community together again.

The first part is a tidesage-led sermon in worship of the Tidemother, which will either occur at Unity Square or at the same location as part two.

The second part takes place at the market in Hook Point.

Why have two parts in different positions?
The reason for having two different positions means that we are able to get a better use of Boralus as a whole, though potential difficulties could arise as a result of any phasing of the city. When we know more about this, we may change this.

All attendees are welcome to attend both part one, and part two.

How can I/my guild attend?
For both parts of these, people are very much welcome and encouraged to sign up - either to hold sermons, or to host a stall in the market. Whilst my own guild are unlikely to host a stall in the markets, our own tidesages may take part in, or host sermons.

Sign-ups can be tracked at the bottom of this post, and will be reset following each event to track sign-ups for next month’s event. Note: Sign ups are only necessary if you would like to host a stall, sermon, or performance! However this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t sign up. The previous Festival had quite the turnout; signing up will guarantee you a spot in the main raid, which is of course limited to 40 people. We’ll try to get other people in our shard to host raids, but we can’t really guarentee anything!

Footnote
This is among the first time I have ever hosted an open, public event like this, so feedback is very welcome - as are any opinions you guys may have. I want to reiterate that everyone is welcome, and there is no limit on what you guys are selling - as long as it’s legal!

There is a Kul Tiras Roleplay community I created a little while back with a few people in where this can also be discussed, as well as anything related to Kul Tiras!

Invite Link: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/p99LwpsdRm?region=EU&faction=Alliance

Current Sign-Ups:
Speakers:

• Seabridge

Attending Guilds:

• Kul Tiran Marine

Attending Individuals:

26 Likes

This is the second time we’ve hosted this event, actually. Some of you might’ve attended the first. If you didn’t, here’s some screenshots to show you what it looked like.

https://imgur.com/a/D7ctUZX
3 Likes

You can sign up the Tideforged Corsairs as attendants.

1 Like

Added; glad to have you!

1 Like

Awesome initiative, looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a pretty awesome initiative, especially for those who enjoy the Kul’tiran aesthetic in RP. It’s also AWESOME to see Kul’tiras being utilized as a zone, there’s so many nice spots there too!

Good luck with this!

1 Like

1 Like

Sign up The Hilted Blade! We’d like to attend the event too. Many thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sign-ups have been updated! Looking forward to seeing everyone there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers for adding The Hilted Blade on the expected list! Proper looking forward to it!

I would like to sign up, this seems like something really fun ^^ The name is Aldeyn

I’m not jumping to assumptions, but I think the individual and group sign-ups are closed given the info above!

Not closed! Sign-ups are not mandatory, though those on the sign ups will be given priority when it comes to inviting for the group :slight_smile: I’ve added you @Aldeyn!

2 Likes

Ahoy. Sign me up, Good sir.

I’ll be there! Sir Jack Asheton, representing Kul Tiran Dandies everywhere!

I’d like to turn up. :slight_smile:

On this character, not my DK.

Wanted: One Tidesage for speaking engagement, to guide the faithful, and any ignorant mainlanders who also attend, in a sermon dedicated to the glories of the Mother of Tides.

3 Likes