[A-RP] <Hand of Ebon> Concept Development

Final Product & Recruitment: Voided and re-branded

1 Like

:-1: Sounds paladin-esque.

9 Likes

is this a human male paladin guild?

Generosity, excellence? Courtesy, honesty? Why would death knights care about this in even the most remote sense.

Judging by a past guild recruitment thread of yours, where you copied some oath from Game of Thrones while making no effort to have it fit, I’m somewhat inclined to believe that the exact same thing happened here.

3 Likes

Why would a DK guild use the ranking order of Marshal and Sergeants? Is this perhaps advised from Lysandré to Whittock ICly? Interesting.

1 Like

You are free to make what ever guild you choose, naturally. But I must be honest with you, my friend.

I do not see any Ebon DK RP’er swearing that oath, and taking it seriously.

1 Like

It’s perfectly plausible for Death Knights to still have aspirations towards those virtues even if they might not come naturally to them. In fact I think that this sort of inner conflict would make any character within that guild a thousand times more interesting than any of things you normally see, if played out.

While unable to provide any character for it, I do hope the guild has success, I would really like to see more interesting concepts for DK characters gain traction.

6 Likes

It fits for a character, yes, but not for the Ebon Blade itself, which is the issue here.

3 Likes

And it is not the Ebon Blade itself, it’s an order that places itself beneath it.

An order which deviates greatly from the Ebon Blade itself? Iffy. (In terms of values and seemingly methodisms).

But it is still part of the Ebon Blade itself. Which these morals don’t fit into at all.

At the end of the day, OP Can go ahead with this if she wants to. But just be aware it may be difficult. But best of luck to you with it!

2 Likes

Which is why they organize into their own order. It’s all perfectly plausible within the setting.

1 Like

First of all I wish you welcome you to the Ebon Blade scene, we spoke a while yesterday and I look forward to some IC approaches in near future.

While the code of honor and the ranks and such may feel a bit off, it can also bring out a different approach and attract the more ‘‘righteous’’ type of Death Knights which currently is quite a minority.

One thing I wanted to point out which you want to reconsider is the following:

now under control by the new Lich King,

Remember the deal with Lich King was to hold the Scourge in Northrend, if you plan to move around outside Northrend you are breaking the pact.

Also being direct control by Bolvar may also be risky move due to we do not know what he is up to these days, so acting out in his name just may be a risky move as well.

Better if you are a follower who looks up to Bolvar in my opinion.

Something worth considering.

Nonetheless I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

gonna have to disagree. They’re ex-scourge killing machines. Sure, a character that has and values all those traits may be more interesting, but it’d be a bit of a wacky death knight.

One would be better off rocking a more alive, otherwise spooky type of knight for it.

the four horsemen are outside of Northrend, so I suppose it’s already broken, by that standard.

PS: OP are you actually gonna reply to anything or just quietly like posts that agree with you

Not to go outside of the topic but to reply fast.

The Four Horsemen were risen by the Deathlord, they serve the Deathlord and are not members of the Scourge but the Ebon Blade.

So no they are not breaking the pact.

The Lich King gave the Deathlord the power to raise them, just like he did with Kel’thuzad.

with whose power again?

So in short Sylvanas and the Forsaken since Cataclysm serves the Lich King because she is using Val’kyrs created by the Lich King himself?

Or I mean they were all raised by the Lich King so they are Scourge still.

Nonetheless lets not derail the thread further.

It is certainly up to taste, yes. Personally I think all good RP comes from drama, drama comes from having tension, so having a character with inherent tension is dramatic and leads to good (or at least interesting) RP. If you think that the dull “raah, imma scourge killing machine!” concept is better that’s up to you.

But then I also believe that it is supremely bad form to come into a guild thread to post that you personally dislike the concept. I think posting (or liking) a post such as

does betray creative bankruptcy at worst and just being a dick at best.

1 Like

The concept of honor within the Ebon Blade did exist even under the Lich King’s control during the Scourge with Thassarian and Koltira.

While they are few in numbers they are still there and it is very plausible to play that out.

oh, mind, I hardly think that that’s all a DK can be. But being all paladin-esque seems up the wrong alley.

[quote=“Tyreis-argent-dawn, post:19, topic:86015”]
But then I also believe that it is supremely bad form to come into a guild thread to post that you personally dislike the concept.[/quote]
By all means, Whittock is free to add a disclaimer at the bottom indicating that only positive response is welcome, as is any guild. No such thing has been done.

1 Like