[A-RP] Hand of Thassarian: Recruitment

“We have heard the stories; monsters, murderers, freaks—heroes occasionally. Only we know the truth. Only we know the truth of our potential. We choose who we defend, and who to oppose. The question is, brothers and sisters; do you? Do not forsake your honour in undead—fight alongside the Alliance, and for the future of Azeroth.”
– Commander Eleanor Whittock

Credits to Lyrisia and Bannshe

Introduction

The Hand of Thassarian is an Alliance affiliated, undead and dark arts exclusive, independent military order. Its membership consists mainly of Death Knights—however as long as a character is undead, or a user of dark arts, they mind find themselves welcome within our ranks.

Our aim is to create engaging events—both large and small—to cooperate with other guilds, and participate in their events, as well as to get involved in war campaigns.

Some of our events will include the following, but are not limited to:

• Combat Drills
  • Traveling
  • Deployments

We also engage in unstructured, casual roleplay around our base of operation, as well as the main roleplaying hubs—such as Duskwood and Stormwind City.

Basic Information
  • Guild Name: Hand of Thassarian
  • Faction: Alliance
  • Type: Military, investigating and travelling
  • Base of Operation: Morgan’s Plot, Deadwind Pass
  • Contact Information: Whittock (Guild Leader)

Background Story

The Hand of Thassarian’s founding was inspired by the ideals of Champion Thassarian—the first Alliance death knight. When the Fourth War broke out, Commander Eleanor chose to fight for the Alliance; sharing a past not too different from the Champion’s. It was fitting for her order to be named in his honour.

Utilising their mastery over death, together with the combined arms of warfare and espionage, they have proven an effective fighting force. They aid in the war efforts in ways a living battalion cannot.

They remain in servitude of the Ebon Blade in matters which does not concern factional warfare.

With the Fourth War has come to an end, they have returned to their base of operation near Karazhan at Morgan’s Plot. Now they await future challenged that the Alliance and Azeroth might face.

Ranking Order
Rank Role Note
Commander Guild Leader Limited to one (1) player

The head of the Commandery and the de facto leader of the Hand. Serves as the ranking field commander. Responsible for the overall operations of the order.

Rank Role Note
Advocate Primary Officer Limited to one (1) player

The right-hand of the Commander, member of the Commandery. It assists the Commander in planning Hand operations, while also doubling as a general administrator of the Hand’s logistics. Serves as the connective tissue between the Commander and lower-ranking officers.

Rank Role Note
Marshals Secondary Officer Limited to three (3) players

First in command of their respective branches. They are responsible for planning training regimes and troop deployments, as well as liaising with other branches for combined warfare. They serve as tacticians and are members of the Commandery.

Rank Role
Sergeants Veteran Member

Second in charge of their respective branches. They are responsible for equipping the troops for battle. They also serve as drill instructors, as well as training officers for the Oathsworn.

Rank Role Note
Knights Guild Member Limited to Death Knights and Warriors

The vanguard of the Hand. The boney bulwark upon which the enemies break themselves. They never tire, never falter, only ever advancing forward. Their skills in warfare and martial prowess unmatched.

Rank Role Note
Stalkers Guild Member Limited to Rogues, Hunters and Monks

Unseen until it is too late. Working from the shadows, the Stalkers are masters of espionage and reconnaissance. They hunt, track and often kill the Hand’s enemies before a single footsoldier steps onto the battlefield.

Rank Role Note
Adepts Guild Member Limited to Priests, Warlocks, Mages and Shamans

The brains behind the brawn. Adepts research and study all aspects of the occult arts. In battle, they unleash powerful spells to decimate and debilitate the opposition, making it that much easier for the Knights to crush them beneath their boots.

Rank Role
Oathsworn Unproven Member

Fresh blood of the Hand. They have sworn their oaths, but have not proven themselves to the Commandery yet. They are trained by Sergeants and are expected to master their craft, before choosing to enter into service in one of the branches of the unit.

Events and Campigns

Training, Drills and Exercises

Characters engage through exercises, as well as practical demonstrations on the topics of combat and warfare.

These events are more frequent, shorter, and takes place at our base of operations—they are meant to keep the character in the guild busy; helping in the development of a brotherhood-like atmosphere.

Traveling and Investigation

The guild’s primary focus. Either one-off scenarios, or a chain of consecutive events.

As a general thumb-rule, we are will begin by setting out from our base of operations, travel to a nearby—or far away—place on deployment. Then deal with the given situation upon arrival, before returning to the base of operation.

These event types serves as an opportunity for individual characters to develop further, as well as opportunities to advance through the ranks.

Siege and Warfare

We often collaborate with other guilds. They will most often take place in a form of in-character, RPPVP war campaign, but can also be small scale in-character RPPVE driven campaigns.

These event types primarily serve to expand the guild’s reputation amongst the roleplay community, as well as to allow our members to create and expand their network.

Guild Uniforms

We do not have a strict uniform code within the guild, however, it is required that a character’s transmog adheres to the following colour scheme—as close as possible:

• Grey
  • Blue
  • Purple

Once a member has been promoted beyond Oathsworn, their uniform must be approved by an officer.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: “Does the guild serve the Alliance or the Ebon Blade?”

A: Both respectively, but with the Ebon Blade as the primer. We are but a branch of the Ebon Blade who is more aligned to the Alliance than neutrality—yet we do assist the Ebon Blade in non-factional matters.

Stated questions asked in the comments below—or on other platforms—will be added, if they are genuine and/or hold constructive criticism.
5 Likes

Did you find anyone interested in the concept this time?
Sidenote: Turcopolier is a really weird rank to have because it has no context in WoW and is essentially gibberish.

8 Likes

Please pick one.

Also, posting the same guild concepts over and over again every couple of months with no interest in them is not going to work, I’m pretty sure.

9 Likes

Thank you for the continued feedback—it allows us to iterate on the project continuously.

1 Like

And using variants of this exact same response doesn’t really do anything for anybody either.

4 Likes

but muh crusade

Concept seemed solid.

Some of the wording probably needs revision to get the message across clearly.

Threw my lot in with them.

It’s a guild that seek to break the mold. I know Argent Dawn as a server is overall allergic to new and original ideas, but just once it might do this server some good if, instead of tearing something down, we tried building something up. (Though I might as well be talking to a brick wall.)

Guild leader is a pretty reasonable and down-to-earth guy. You won’t see me complaining if the concept is a little rough around the edges.

Onward.

2 Likes

SI:7 but death knights is neither new nor original, I’m afraid.

6 Likes

I think this excuse has been used for months now to pass off what’s essentially a copy paste of pieces of a wiki page about Templars.

Besides that, I only suggest getting a stable core membership before setting out to do something supposedly different, or you’ll run out of steam before you ever really kick off.

5 Likes

I’m new to the party. Doesn’t really look the same to me, apart from that one rank you quoted. Which I too have criticised. Just us chickens here, trying to have fun.

The two things you quoted are not mutually exclusive. You can aid a third party with matters that do not concern your other allies. Such a thing as political nuance does exist, even in death (:

Could that lack of interest be due to the fact that we’re in the third major content patch of one of the worst expansions WoW has ever seen, with player count at an all time low?

But that’s just my viewing of it.

1 Like

Then I hope you get the ball rolling. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The feedback has been evaluated, please review the updated original post.

1 Like

You sound like those robot voices on hotline lmao.

7 Likes

Over the past couple of days, we went through the original forum post and rewrote basically 100% of it.

Have a read!

1 Like

It’s pretty clear that the forums are pretty tired of this constant repost advertisement, followed by similar responses by the OP. Fair enough if you’ve changed some stuff etc, good for you guys, but to me I see little to no reason in bothering on a forum thread every couple of months -as…well- it gets the same responses every single time.

If I was you, probably work on advertising elsewhere, be that through stories etc on Argent Archives to represent the doings and activity of the guild. That to me, players would find far more appealing.

I think your actions will reap your rewards, and these walls have been pre existing and with time and dedication in roleplay will eventually wear them away. The server isn’t allergic to new and original ideas, because nothing is new or original in this day, instead you should be looking to build the roleplayers of the servers’ trust rather than claim it’s so unfair. At the end of the day, no matter how innovative the guild is, people will not generally lean towards it, if it has nothing to show for it.

So my suggestion is to get out there and roleplay, and look forward to it aswell. Tweaking forum threads for the fifth time will do little to nothing constructive, and mayhaps in later days people will look back and think of good memories rather than bad ones.

2 Likes

Now I don’t want to say this reply is an attempt to get us to go away, masquerading under a thin veil of sincerity.

but it was posted by a lvl55 death knight with 90 achievement points

So I’m just going to lead with that.

However I will humour you still!

I can only speak for myself, as a new member of the guild.

I liked the idea from the get go. I saw it was rough around the edges, so I joined to help tidy some things up.

In the end, it was actually all the overwhelmingly negative feedback on the forums that made me decide to join.

The push back was so out of proportion to the concept of this guild, that I simply had to give it a chance.

So far, I am not disappointed.

Like I said before, the guild leader is a pretty decent guy. Anyone with the dedication and perseverance who sticks to their guns in face of such overwhelming negativity is worth their weight in gold.

I’ll finish with this;

Visibility is key to a guild’s growth. The more surfaces you advertise on, the more eyes can find you.

Simply telling people to go away, just in a fancier fashion than before, is not in the slightest bit helpful.

TL;DR Something something attempting to have a reasonable discussion on AD realm forums.

1 Like

Realised we weren’t talking about the same person, deleted the comment, thought you meant Tehya.

2 Likes

I’m merely supplementing logic to your thread in a blunt fashion, there is no sincerity nor a veil, I see it as pointless attempting to advertise on a forum when you receive replies like the ones above. Again I’m pointing out the obvious, players will see an immediate turn off.

I wonder who this Galfordian person could be, what’s next on tonight’s episode of “Hiding in Plain Sight”.

You respect your guild leader, good for you.

So before you lecture me on visibility, you should check if your own is working first.

So TLDR it’s pointless advertising over and over again with new threads every few months. They pull the same results every single time. So if you are to have a guild thread, keep it bumped with the guilds activity, if not it’s pretty clear the same results happen every single time. Be that the Stormwind Covert Accord threads, or previous threads of the Hand of Thassarian.

More importantly, focus on your roleplay, because at the end of the day - that will shape your image, not complaining about naysayers.

1 Like

An illusion? What are you hiding…

A legendary roleplayer vip club access card.