[A-RP] Leafy Lecture: Colossal Colostrum!

THE MILKY TRILOGY, PART II OF III :milk_glass:

A leaflet is neatly placed on the local billboard:

‘The negotiations between the Proudmoore Admiralty and envoys of the Alliance are progressing teniously. Unfortunately, our efforts to recreate The Butterpie Effect has only been partly successful. Analysis has revealed that we have applied the correct type of wheat, but the wrong type of milk. Thus, our tasks is now to peacefully acquire additional Dreamy Dinkel Wheat and obtain other samples of milk. The key to accomplish both is a plant with an excitingly exotic fruit. What’s your favourite dish? I’m not gonna cook it, but I’ll order it from Zandalar!’

Quest Objective: Meet with The Botany Band in the Greenhouse at the Magus Commerce Exchange in Dalaran (Broken Isles) on Tuesday* the 7th of May at 20:00 CET and receive further information.

The Botany Band is a roleplay guild with focus on adventurous study of plantlife. Led by Kuhuine Tenderstride we welcome every friendly adventurer with a green thumb! :herb:

*Normally, we hold our events on Mondays, but this time we have moved it to Tuesday, so that people can watch Game of Thrones (8:4). A Proudmoore always pays her ‘depths’!

4 Likes

Please tell me we are not going after another sheep…please…they are evil

3 Likes

And that we won’t be milking any rams this time.

4 Likes

– ‘Not to worry, Inkeri. In time you will ‘wooly’ understand.’ :sheep:

– ‘Mess with the beast, you get the horns.’ :ram:

1 Like

Will this event require the attendants to be approved for Kul Tiras / Zandalar?

2 Likes

I shall try to actually get to this one, on time too!

’Right! 8PM Central Alliance Time, not 8PM Gilnean Summer Time, got it Guv.'

4 Likes

Not at all. If you have boots suited for snow we will not require Morethan that. :smirk:

2 Likes

In that case, as much as I enjoy these events, I think I’ll ask around if maybe one of my acquaintances would like to attend in my stead. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Up little thread, your time is now :slight_smile:
I´m on my way home, I apologize for a possible 5 minute delay.

2 Likes

Kuhuine hummed as they were removing the last traces of the small cooking fire that had been temporarily established within the greenhouse. A smell of charred wood and hot milk still filled the air, but the outside freshness was steady creeping in from opened windows.

– ‘Hot Papaya Milk?’, she suddenly said and looked at Dulvarinn: ‘Is Grimthorn Redbeard really going to profit from selling that?’

The druid chuckled while scrubbing the empty pot:

– ‘Well, he did mention that he would travel to a secret location in Pandaria and sell it at his delicatessen. The Rootway Papayas were surprisingly rich in taste and texture. I cannot help but wonder if other plants in the forests around Zuldazar grow just as delicious fruits? What matters is that we can now purchase Dreamy Dinkel Wheat directly from his farm.’

He pondered for a moment, placed the sponge next to the pot and continued:

– ‘We have now collected milk from cow, sheep, goat, yeti, whale, clefthood and mammoth. What if none of them have the colostrum required to achieve The Butterpie Effect?’

Kuhuine simply looked at him and smiled:

– ‘Then we should not cry over spilled milk.’ :milk_glass:

2 Likes

I want to thank all the Colostrum collectors from last night.

I must admit I did not entirely understand the politics mentioned, but it sounded important, so it felt good to contribute.

Additionally, it was quite inspiring to hear about the obstacles braved by the rest of you.

We surely fit the description ‘motley crew’, did we not?

Druids, Illidari, mages, shaman;
elves, worgen, draenei, gnome, and human…

For Azeroth!

2 Likes

And we are delighted that you did! As the second chapter of our ‘milky trilogy’ the story picked up from a past Leafy Lecture: Come Wheat May! :ear_of_rice: As it may have seemed a bit esoteric, please allow me to share some of the briefing from the initial evening:

• ‘The rumours are true. Tensions within the Proudmoore Admiralty is hinting towards a possible referendum that could result in Kul Tiras once again leaving the Alliance.’
  • ‘Diplomats from Stormwind and Ironforge secretly refer to such event as ‘The Kulmination’ and are discreetly working solve this hidden crisis as we speak.’
  • ‘However, I have been informed by a source within the SI:7 that the negotiations are stalling. This is development is dire.’
  • ‘A valid question is then: How may we, a mere band of botanists, contribute to a positive political change?’
  • ‘The answer may both be subtle and delicious. It may reside within a grain of wheat.’
  • 'A good friend of mine, a shaman from previous endeavours in Alterac Valley, once said that “the taste of a well served pie can make even gruffy Thanes turn mellow in tough negotiations”’.
  • ‘Though the saying is Dwarven, it is in fact based on a distant event in Tauren history.’
  • ‘Ancient records claim that a small bread from a buttery wheat dough once prevented a major strife between the two Tauren tribes. The story even predates the time of Huln Highmountain!’
  • ‘Their spirit walkers now refer to this curious incident as ‘The Butterpie Effect’ and claim that good conversation rests on a balance between wheat and butter.’
  • ‘Thanks to Kuhuine, we have obtained a translated copy of the original recipe from ages past.’

Dulvarinn hands out the recipe and some ingredients to the assembled party.

• ‘It is hard to imagine that this recipe is from before the War of the Ancients. Of course this complicates the matter. Though we already have most of the ingredients, there are two of them which may prove difficult.’
  • ‘Our first challenge is that Dreamy Dinkel Wheat is considered largely to be extinct. After all, much can change in ten thousand years, and these nights the farmers tend to use Hillsbrad Wild Wheat instead. Just as nutritious, but without the characteristic smooth taste.’

Dulvarinn gestures towards Kuhuine Tenderstride.

• ‘Kuhuine has received reports from the Druids of the Talon that a farmer has succesfully planted this special wheat at his secluded farmstead in the Arathi Highlands.’
  • ‘For all we know, this farmer might oversee some of the last Dreamy Dinkel Wheat left in the realms and he is not keen on sharing!’
  • 'Our second challenge is that due to damage on the original recipe we do not know what kind of butter Bruk the Breadwinner used in his dough.
  • ‘As this component is vital if we are to succeed, we are going to collect the correct type of milk and churn it to butter.’
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.