[A/RP] Looking for RP Guilds that are Pandaren Friendly

Hi all. I’m Choyee, and I’m looking for an RP guild that, as the title suggests, is Pandaren friendly.

On Argent Dawn I’ve noticed it is exceptionally hard to find a guild that will accept Pandaren as anything other than comic relief. I’d like to find a community that does not shun them and would treat them as an equal. For some reason, there just seems to be a lot of hate regarding Pandarens (on the same level as Gnomes.)

As for specifics, I am flexible on guild concept as long as it follows the lore, however I would prefer a small to medium sized guild that focuses more on quality over quantity.

Of course this isn’t all about what you can offer me: I have two friends who would also like to join, and we’re all active, enthuasiastic roleplayers with years of experience. I am also willing to host events as the DM as long as I am not the person who is solely responsible for it!

If any of this interests you, or you’ve heard of guilds who are Pandaren friendly, please let me know by either responding to this thread or messaging me in-game!

Thank you very much.

White Tiger watch over you.

Choyee.

6 Likes

I think most prominent guilds with a good reputation are pandaren-friendly, but there are only a few pandaren-specific guilds.

On Alliance (albeit neutral IC) there’s us, The Fallen Leaf:

And on the Horde there’s Ronin:

1 Like

There is also a shado pan guild on horde, which i forgot it’s name, though seen them at the love festival, if anyone would say the name here it would be good

The Silent Vigil, yes! I’m unsure of their current activity and don’t recall an up-to-date forum thread, so I didn’t mention them in my post. They seem to be coming about now and then, though.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Kump, I’m not searching Horde Side, otherwise that Ronin guild would have been amazing :P.

Yeah, it’s a shame you’re not looking for Horde side. Ronin are really cool.

1 Like

Please help there’s no pandaren over here

5 Likes

If people haven’t snapped her up yet then I can deffo say Choyee is a must-have for any guild, she knows her stuff and her writing is excellent quality :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Might have to move one of my five Pandaren to Horde at this rate :<

1 Like

Rather sad that it seems few RP guilds can handle the panda :frowning:

1 Like

Handle is the wrong word. They see Pandaren as a joke race and don’t take them seriously.

1 Like

But we’re actually quite deep and contemplative… just because we’re a little stout around the tum doesn’t mean we can’t have powerful storytelling. The main threads running through pandaria quests are pretty strong, imho :frowning:

1 Like

I absolutely agree.
Pandaren, RP’d correctly can have deep and meaningful stories. The fact we can RP as charas from Pandaria proper means all that happened during MoP is relevant on some level. Furthermore, Pandaren were taught the importance of controlling one’s emotions to handle the Sha. That much is obvious if you read the intro quests. There is a lot there to play around with, concepts to enjoy. The factions are good in Pandaria too, giving rise to lots of character archtypes as well…

Either way, it’s a little disappointing that if you aren’t rping a beautiful human or elf, then somehow your RP is moot and unimportant.

1 Like

Hello! We do accept Pandaren into the Seventh Legion as they appear now in lore. Obviously we’re a military guild and do have a rather structure to represent that. The focus is of course on allowing each race and individual to shine in their skillset, while also working as a unit.

I do wish you the best of luck at finding a guild, as Pandaren when done correctly are great to have around on the server. They always seem to be a fountain for RP from my experience!

Best of luck!

3 Likes

I shall give it due thought, thank you!

Good Pandaren RPers, when found, are amazing to play with. They also fit into particular roles which are perhaps not as often found amongst other races. I have fond memories of a Pandaren healing my Void Elf during the Barren’s War Campaign. Wish I could remember his name, he was fantastic.

1 Like

Our Lord and Savior Theon showed up, no need to think further :slight_smile:

“Fate smiles upon us this day”

1 Like

Only 5? I have 8, my friends say I’m crazy but what do they know, I’m a panda and they’re not. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

5 Argent Dawn Pandas… :c

I will follow the example of others and so some self-promoting. The Tideforged Corsairs is an Alliance affiliated guild with a nautical theme. You can read more about us here.

As a Roleplayer who enjoys the diversity which race and character can offer. I would be more than happy to accomondate your pandaren in case you want to give us a chance.

1 Like

If comedy, adventure and travel is more your thing, The Rowdy Sparrows welcome all races too, we’re more of a medium-sized guild guild that prefers to focus on character personalities and their stories. The Sparrows are your go-to ‘ragtag adventurer’ group with various races and drinking opportunities, everyone’s welcome to DM events. If you’re interested in lighthearted RP with serious tones and oddball characters, you can read more about us Here! .

Alternatively, give a firm prod to either Aryn, Myself or Laurae in game and we’ll be happy to tell you anything else about the guild.

1 Like