[A-RP] Lore and Order - A Guild for Scholarly Adventurers

About

Lore & Order is a guild of adventurous academics who engage in research and lead expeditions for client organizations, be they academic institutions or private collectors. Due to the wide variety of jobs that we might undertake, we have a versatile roster that can fit any skillset from archaeologist to mercenary.

OOC

Your RP Training Ground

We were created to be a casual and light-hearted RP guild, accessible to all RPers. Specifically, those intrigued by Roleplay in general and wanting to try it. Regardless of your skill level or experience with RP, we’re happy to take you in and help you learn!

Your entry to the guild does not require an interview and we can discuss with you the method by which we can introduce your character. If needed, we will take your skill, desires, and experience into account and assist you in creating or tweaking your character to fit in and grow.

We have a small OOC community, some of them are observers, and some of them tried RP but didn’t fancy it but decided to stay and call our guild home. Everyone is welcome, but having an interest in joining or learning to RP will help you flourish.

More than just a fetch quest

If you’re already experienced in RP and want to engage in RP that focuses on research, academic pursuits, and unlocking mysteries all whilst dodging traps, competitors, and the occasional native then this is the guild for you!

However, we are also in the habit of exploring personal arcs and giving our characters room to develop in live RP. This allows us to expose our members to a wide variety of RP themes, helping them to learn how to adapt in the moment. Experienced RPers are encouraged to be thematically versatile to accommodate this.

We also have a very active and healthy habit of casual RP among our core members who are always welcoming to those who wish to engage in the minutiae of ‘everyday’ RP.

Our Core Values

What we are:

• A guild created in response to the extremely high skill bar of entry found in many RP guilds in AD.

• A guild that can be used both for just ‘in-house’ RP or as a light hub for your character, as a springboard off of into world RP.

• A guild with a very light hierarchy, allowing characters of any skill level or experience to become an important part of the story.

• A guild that takes their RP seriously, but also recognizes it is supposed to be fun, not a chore.

What we do:

• Provide a very forgiving environment to players wishing to learn how to RP or improve their RP.

• Provide a story arc along with events to allow guildies to become part of the guild IC.

• Provide tutorials and guidance to RP, Dicemaster, TRP, and pretty much anything.

• Allow players an extreme amount of freedom when it comes to creating their character, advising and coaching players on the lore whilst trying to maintain their core concept.

Recruiting Officers

Scootaloo, Herst, Alehandra, Haerelwen.

Fragilicious#2501 (Discord)

9 Likes

Really cool concept for a guild, this is exactly the best eviorment to make new roleplayers come. Good luck with you guild!

2 Likes

Also, it’s worth noting that we’ve had a few months of one-shot adventures and short arcs run by less experienced members of the guild who wanted to try their hand at GMing. They did really well!

We started another short arc (~4 events) last night, and then we’ll be moving on to next year’s main story arc in November or December! If you want to be a part of it, join now and see the story from the start!

1 Like

ohhhh, Exiting :open_mouth:

I joined these guys a few weeks ago, and I can honestly say that it’s been one of my best RP’ing experience in some time.

Everyone is super friendly OOC, and there’s a lovely amount of both events and casual RP without it becoming exhausting or made mandatory.

The DM’s always try and give a nice amount of player agency, and I think most importantly, new players are really welcomed in, so the place feels like the opposite of an insular clique which is great for new players who might be nervous.

I think this Guild is great for anyone who wants to RP a character in a diverse setting with lots of different types of characters- Tinkerers, Dwarven Scholars, Ren’Dorei Magi, Human scavengers, Priestess’s, Druids etc. about. You really get a adventurers et al of Azeroth experience here which is great!

I realise it sounds a little like someone took a whisp hostage and i’m being forced to say this, but i’m not XD

4 Likes

That’s right… smile for the birdie… everybody’s happy… biiiig smiles.

I gotta say, that is a nice guild name right there.

1 Like

3 Likes

Adventures Hmm??

Shameless bump!

Seriously though, we’ve had a great time exploring individual player arcs as we await the release of DF and prepare for our next great adventure! Feel free to contact us if you’d like to join, or if you have any questions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.