[A-RP] Shal'dorei Defector is looking for Guild

Hello! I have been Rping this character for a while in Horde, things changed and she eventually defected to the Alliance. (The defection was Rped IC somehow she was spared) She is a former Duskwatcher and was meant to be on the wrong side of history. First being a loyalist of the Grand Magistrix and then participating in the War of Thorns to earn pardon by the new Suramar government.

She is changing now, giving up her arcane past and exploring the path of Druidism. I would love some guild to interact with or a druidic guide with Night Elf theme. Thank you.

3 Likes

I recommend checking this thread:

should link the most active guilds in it within the kaldorei community including druidic.

1 Like

Thank you for the guidance! Still my main concern is the concept. I imagine no every guild would take a defector in. Thus I am looking for people open to such Rp.

My best advice here is don’t. The Kaldorei are like the worst race to take in anyone with a horde past at the moment given the Night Warrior lore/vengeance arc Blizzard is going with them. Plus a lot of guilds don’t exactly like taking in characters like this.

Have you considered perhaps looking for a guild that takes in Shal’dorei that is open to a dodgy history? Or just making a Night Elf?

12 Likes

I really don’t get why you wouldn’t just play a Night Elf for this tbh. Swapping sides 2 times is sort of yikes. Way better to seek out a Horde druid guild if you want to continue the character. Or alternatively just make a new char, a nelf druid.

1 Like

I do not want to give up on the character because IC events lead her to defect to the Alliance. Her main issue is with Thalryssa and her incompetence to lead Suramar properly. Mainly She wants to give up her past and try make up for her crimes (Mostly Teldrassil the Legion part she is not really feeling guilty about)

The Horde burned Teldrassil, she was part of it, she wants nothing to do with the Red side anymore. She blames Thalryssa for it and the rebels for joining with the Horde.

Defection is a sensitive theme but if we want to be realistic here it is highly unlikely RP characters will all stay in their factions cause Blizzard finds it convenient mechanic wise. Most will, but not all.

This is a character I developed over time. I expected her to die when she defected but a player character spared her. Thus I will not drop her for an IC choice to switch sides and make a night elf for convenience. If I do not find a guild I will go on guildless I just want to see if anyone would take her in as a guild provides more RP opportunities, interaction and character development options.

2 Likes

I get that she doesn’t want to be Horde, but why does she want to be Alliance? That’s quite the leap, if you really don’t want the char to be Horde at least go Neutral. I honestly doubt many will take a char who’s swapped sides twice in a few years very seriously. Seems like quite the snake IC.

6 Likes

I still don’t see why you can’t just go neutral in that case.

It creates far less headaches than going around saying “My Horde Race character was given a permit from Tyrande/Anduin/Whoever to be in the alliance” which is equally as convoluted.

6 Likes

Whilst that might not be rp to everyones taste, op has the right to do the storyline as suits the player. There might be some in the community willing to accept such, but not be surprised if the majority struggle with the concept. Do not be dissuaded by the forum remarks.

I’d recommend interacting icly and see where it takes you vs opinion sought on the forum further.

7 Likes

She is a snake IC. I don’t say otherwise. In her mentality though she served the Grand Magistrix faithfully and then she was asked to follow the new regime. As a soldier she admit defeat and fell in line with the Horde but the burning of Teldrassil made her feel the Horde is no better than the Legion.

Thus she went Alliance in order to change the wrong she did. She mostly wish to help the Kaldorei so she can feel better with herself.

The character started as a villain short and she is making an attempt to change due to IC interactions that made her conclude to that decision. If she manage to do it or if she is truly trustworthy? That is another story.

This seems like a better choice.
Go neutral. Join the Kirin Tor as an arcane botanist.
Help spread the knowledge of both magic and growth and right apparent wrongs done that way.

4 Likes

Problem is that going neutral is like rejecting responsibility for her crime, hiding behind neutrality. That is not the point, she believes the Kaldorei have a right on vengeance against people like herself.

She expected to die but she was spared so her way to face justice for her crimes is to do what she is doing best. Fight. But this time for the right side, the ones that she wronged, against those who wronged them. She fully supports the Night Warrior agenda so staying neutral is not IC correct.

Neutrality is not a shield you can hide behind

4 Likes

Sometimes standing idle is as good as supporting a crime. Going neutral is refusing responsibility for your actions, playing friends with both the victim and the murderer.

You either face justice for your crimes or you try to avoid it. The first requires some tough decisions and risks, the second is easier.

It’s an interesting idea, though as above I think you might be hard pushed to find a NElf guild that’s open to the idea. Mixed guilds might have a more open approach, and you’ll almost certainly find your way in some of the “legally questionable” groups who don’t tend to care about things like factions and politics.

You might even be able to look to Kul Titan Druids, rather than NElf (or Worgen, who may also have some…issues).

2 Likes

I do not know why people think that when they go neutral, they are suddenly shaking hands with both factions and are out of the harms way. This is not how it works.

A storyline of a Nightborne defecting from the Horde after Teldrassil makes sense. It was very contrived than any of the Horde allied races stayed in the Horde after Sylvanas’ actions in BFA.

However, the fact your character was actively involved with the burning on Teldrassil, and wants to join not only The Alliance but the people who she helped genocide? I don’t see it working that well in terms of how many night elf players RP their characters. You’d run into a lot of conflict that won’t necessarily be fun, because a lot of the RPers will refuse to acknowledge your supposed place within the Alliance.

11 Likes

When you took part in the War of Thorns for the Horde side, it is exactly what you do. If you were neutral from the start that is different.

Furthermore I do not expect people to embrace this character. I want to go on with her story if someday she gets killed or prisoned for her crimes it is fair game. I expect people to react IC as their characters would. That does not change her desire to face justice one what or another.

The reason she left arcane behind is because some of her ancestors did the same once upon a time and they changed to the Kaldorei we know today. It is a slim chance she finds peace in the end but she will take it. If she fails and die, so be it, she deserves it.

1 Like

Yeah considering the whole torching of Teldrassil I don’t think there is a single Kaldorei, or Worgen for that matter, that wants to be friends with anything Horde related.

6 Likes

Why not act to undermine the Horde in a more isolated faction, rather than directly with the people she helped the murder? There is a truce, but I don’t see Tyrande - or even Anduin - forgiving a war criminal easily enough to grant them access to capitols etc.

1 Like