[A-RP] SI:7 AD Discord - Stabby!

Greetings, denizens of Argent Dawn! It’s Crowton and I figured I’d try to poke this terrifying beast.

As we all know, SI:7 RP is currently in a pretty dead state and because I have nothing better to do in my life I’m apparently accepting the burden of bringing it back up ever so slightly. So what I’ve come up with after thinking for a while is to make a Discord server dedicated to SI:7 roleplayers. I’d like to make a number of points about how this is going to work:

• The invite link will not be made public.
  • To join one must contact me on Discord itself - [redacted].
  • Please do note that any roleplayer can be accepted or denied based on the impression they give.
  • The character whom you join the Discord on must be a rogue (but do mind that within reason OOC classes like hunters used to roleplay rogues with sniper rifles might be allowed in).
  • Don’t be stupid. I really wish I didn’t have to elaborate on this but keep the Discord appropriate to WoW’s age rating, don’t metagame, don’t badmouth people etc.

F.A.Q. (with myself)

Q: Why no public invite link and person-by-person selection?
A: To keep the circle of people who are let in tight enough so that it’s easy to moderate and shiz. That and to avoid people hopping in on the server even if they don’t belong there.

Q: Why rogue-only?
A: …Maybe because staying true to WoW canon is very cool&interesting?

Q: What is the main purpose of the server?
A: To group SI:7 together where they can find like-minded people to RP with, since good (yes, I am an elitist) SI:7 RPers are too few and far between, very often difficult to find. Depending on the amount of shown interest I might consider investing more into the server and make it more of an RP initiative than just a platform for meeting people.

Q: ACTUALLY THAT INTRO HEADER OF YOURS IS TOTALLY WRONG, CROWTON. MATHIAS SHAW IS A SPYMASTER, NOT A DIRECTOR. LEARN YOUR LORE, KUKUKU.
A: As evidenced in the removed quest “Expert Opinion”, Anduin Wrynn does refer to Shaw as a director of SI:7. Granted, this might be just a mistake on Anduin’s part but I figured “Director of SI:7” sounded cooler. :sunglasses:

Hopefully going to see some of you on the other side!~ Crow out. Updates to come in the future [hopefully, tautology].

8 Likes

Sweet. Just to make sure would aspiring SI:7 RP’ers be welcome?

What I mean is that I’m not an SI:7 RP’er yet but I’m looking for a way to make this character authentically become one.

2 Likes

Yeah, sure, that’d would work. :ok_hand:

Similarly, we’ll be looking for informants and Horde moles. I’ve yet to make up my mind how to fit them in on the server but contact me if you’d wishing to become one of the two. Just something I forgot to put in the original post.

3 Likes

Shattered Hand > SI:7
You will know that firsthand!

Good luck with this ^^

2 Likes

Good luck, everyone’s favourite (sarcasm) SI:7 director and guild thread poster killed the scene IMO.

2 Likes

This is a rather short update on the thing! Yes, yes, this hasn’t been abandoned… yet. We seem to still lack on members, so do drop by if you’re interested! Now that we have that out of the way, this should obviously kept up alive, as such here are a couple of events that can take place from time to time:

Field Missions
Life of an SI:7 agent isn’t an easy one, since the Crown always needs able-bodied reconnaissance operatives. As such, every so often a mission is posted in the HQ, usually requiring about two agents. These missions are what one’d expect of a spy organization, be it assassination or investigating a street rumor.
These are basically short and small in number DM’d events, aiming to give everyone in the group something for their character to do.

On the War’s Fronts
No war can be won without proper intelligence support. Whenever a front opens somewhere or when it grows too stale, SI:7 agents may be asked to take the fight to the enemies themselves.
This is a very fancy way of saying participation in RP campaigns [be they RP-PvP or RP-PvE] and signing up for them as a group.

Recruitment and Training
Stormwind Intelligence wouldn’t sustain itself had it not been for a stream of fresh meat. These new members are usually either those who have some sort of background in the military or civilians who have shown promising talents in the arts of a rogue. Whenever there’s a newcomer, they’re to undergo a number of training exercises before becoming a fully-fledged agent.

Skirmishes
Sometimes, it might be somewhere between a full-on front deployment and a single mission: it is in these times that a squad of agents is deployed to take matter into their own hands.
These are supposedly either bigger in number DM’d event and NPC enemies or collaborations with other existing IC guilds/groups where said enemies are actual player characters.

Intelligence Plenum
SI:7 operates in divided groups, sometimes called “cells”. Around once a month a meeting between all of available members of a single cell is to be called to discuss the progress of the war effort and if anyone has any news they believe others should be made aware of.

That’s it for today’s update, stay frosty. :snowflake: I hope to begin this thing soon enough.

2 Likes

While Dangerbeard might not be an exact fit for SI:7 operative I could see her working with your lot. Definitely looking forward to some of that sweet spy RP.

Hums James Bond opening tune

1 Like

As soneone who once tried to create an SI:7 RP Community. I can only wish you the best of luck. Feel free to reach out to me if you need some back-up.

2 Likes

These SI:7 roleplayers are so deep into their character that they don’t even join OOC communities!

Seriously though good luck with the community, having a community for lots of SI:7 roleplayers could enhance the SI:7 Roleplay very well!

4 Likes

I have tried to contact you on Discord, but Clyde blocks that because we don’t have a mutual server or are friends.

My name is DonDirtyDane#xxxx on Discord. I’ll wait for your accept :slight_smile:

this in ten characters

3 Likes

Best of luck!

Let me know when you gather the team of superunfortunate inviduals, call them the Davengers or something. I can be the green angry one.

What happened to SI:1 - SI:6?

We don’t mention those

4 Likes

Do not ask the Forbidden question.

That is classified information.

Buckle up Buckaroos, Lysandre wants to make SI7 RP great again

4 Likes

Ah Yes the -SECRET- service everyone knows about.

It’s just like the first six legions… None shall know what happened to them… Our Lord and savior Halford commands it…

3 Likes

As is mentioned higher up in the thread, you want Horde moles - I’m not volunteering, but I think you should fundamentally reconsider the idea of the Discord to allow anyone in who is affiliated to the SI:7 or an SI:7 themselves. What of an OOC Warlock who is an agent under-cover in a cult? What of a warrior among a band of fanatics who serves as an informant?

The rogue/hunter rule seems really unnecessary to me.

2 Likes