[A-RP] The Crown Confederacy — A Stormwind Project

Alt-universe! It’s totally legit these days, ish… Or I guess it’d make a hallow’s end costume.

This should be the first place your mind goes anyway. No one (I hope) RPs these concepts to limit fun. Make a silly excuse, run away, take up so much of their time they just leave you alone anyway. There’s plenty of ways to acknowledge RP but not have it vastly effect yours. Just as you would for any IC ‘authority’

4 Likes

Thanks, but no thanks.

We don’t need one guy up top gatekeeping a massive roleplaying project.

It saddens me to see how excited people are to have one person try to run how they play, or are able to play, with the rest of the faction, and it’s even more sad how many people are immediately ragging on folks that dissent.

Super gross, AD. Less of this.

4 Likes

“You’re able to tag along if you seek roleplay, or welcome to ignore it, it’s your choice” dont see what constructive point you’re trying to make here. Nobody’s seeking to enforce anything but instead the community is getting together to create some interesting, diverse and captivating roleplay.

5 Likes

It’s less of a gatekeep as it is a community forming in Stormwind, it seems very public. You yourself can just join it and influence it by taking part.

4 Likes

We don’t need one guy up top gatekeeping a tiny assassin project either

We don’t " need " anything specifically

Is it only OK if it’s a project you run or what

I don’t see a significant difference - both are trying to provide some infrastructure/sytory to one group or another

How do you intend to stop OP doing what he’s doing

4 Likes

Did you read the OP?

This is infrastructure for an elitist system with one guy choosing who is and isn’t in the inner circle.

This “nobody is forcing you do xyz” nonsense is willingly ignorant – complaints about Stormwind’s roleplay tend to focus on how cliquey and “bubble”-like it is. How do you think that will evolve when a huge chunk of the community has made a decision to be a part of something like this, and others abstain?

If you’re concerned about a community, dividing it under the guise of uniting it is a horrible idea.

6 Likes

By forming some discord group dedicated to destroying this project and freeing AD!!!

See what I mean?

Look at how vitriolic this response is for what I posted. An attack on something small I do to make a little roleplay happen. This is an objection to forming an elitist community – it doesn’t even exist yet, and already the responses to dissent are this petty and vile.

This is all going to go well, I’m sure.

3 Likes

I think it’s because the dissent isn’t very well founded. It is a public project that the public, I.E -you- can join to influence. It seems you believe it’s going to be a gated guild community, when in reality it seems to just be an open discord of people agreeing upon a storyline in the city, as opposed to somebody getting robbed in old town and then tomorrow it didnt even happen.

4 Likes

I have known Perroy for a decade and that is one of the tamest nose-tweaks I’ve ever seen him give someone. If your bar for vitriol is this low you are not going to do well in life.

1 Like

Then you haven’t read the OP. My dissent is founded on what is promised up top: one guy running things through his guild, and choosing who is or isn’t a part of what they will decide is The Story.

My dissent is perfectly well founded, and frankly the nature of the responses I’m getting only serve to demonstrate my point.[quote=“Tellingworth-argent-dawn, post:60, topic:54607, full:true”]

I have known Perroy for a decade and that is one of the tamest nose-tweaks I’ve ever seen him give someone. If your bar for vitriol is this low you are not going to do well in life.
[/quote]

For what I posted. As in, out of proportion. All this really means is that you’re used to The Rotgarde goofing up all over the forum and treating people like garbage.

2 Likes

I have read the OP. Have you joined the discord?

You’re being pretty melodramatic, so I’ll grab myself and the other professional forum lurkers some popcorn.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s mentioned in the OP but I wish it was - that’s absolutely based

Pre-2009 Stormwind was incredibly elitist (for the time) but it was also fun to RP

Big up to the oppressive systems to be honest bros

You can’t stop people voting with their feet and if so many people do that you can’t avoid the RP, maybe it’s time to accept that their ideas were just more powerful / popular than yours

I don’t

I did not attack you

I said that what you’re doing and what OP is doing is fundamentally the same thing - yours is on a smaller scale, but that doesn’t mean that you don’t hold the power in to exclude as the DM of that RP

I think you are assigning a tone that doesn’t exist. The point is you trust yourself to run a community initiative but assume others will do it in a malignant way - which isn’t necessarily true

Well, not as well as the PCU, of course, but …

3 Likes

Uh, no. You’re hilariously over-reacting to someone saying, “Hey, don’t you also run something similar to this?”

5 Likes

I guess anything but agreeing 100% is melodrama and over-reaction.

I see, now.

Don’t do this to yourself

5 Likes

Azural you’re shooting yourself in the foot here, best just continue with your roleplay and as said “ignore what happens here”.

1 Like

You’re deflecting.

Even if it is vitriol, there is salient criticism in there. Its tone doesn’t suddenly mean you’re off the hook for substantiating your point when somebody argues (no matter how snarkily) that it’s ringing pretty hollow.

4 Likes