[A RP] The Crystal Path – Year 3 (Champions of Azeroth RP)

The Crystal path is looking for able bodied adventurers to help explore and save Azeroth!

The Crystal Path is a multi-racial travelling and adventuring, caravan group RP Guild, that has been going for Just about two years now. Our main focus is on traversing the now dying world of Azeroth to find damaged, corrupted or chaotic areas, and attempt to restore them back to a more stable and balanced state. We plan on doing this in a varying number of ways, such as:

• Cleansing emerging Shadow and Void corruption
  • Mending wounds in the earth
  • Battling shadowy beasts
  • Rebuilding communities damaged by the Fourth War
  • Quelling panic and disorder
  • And extracting any Azerite we can find, to bring to Azeroth and it’s Champions

To accomplish all of this, our group requires a variety of different individuals. While everyone is encouraged to pitch in every way they can, we have 3 key roles to be fulfilled. They are:

• Artisans, to keep the caravan running, well stocked, and funded
  • Guardians, to keep the caravan, and the world around us defended
  • Mystics, to cleanse the corruption we find, and study any important artefacts, relics and other powerful items we find

As a travelling guild, we will be moving across all of Azeroth, where we will dedicate usually a few months to a region of the world. During which we will balance our time between staying around social town hubs, and adventuring out into the wilderness. Likewise, we will be aiming for a comfortable balance between participating in our own guild events (which will serve to complete objectives, and further both guild and personal character storylines) and doing casual RP either around the campfire in the wilderness, or in busy towns and villages along the way.

The guild schedules roughly 3 RP events per week, taking place on weekday evenings at 19:00 Realm time, and usually running for a few hours. These events lead the caravan from zone to zone, allow the Pathfinders to explore and experience the goings on in their current location, and advance the guild’s current overarching story. Most of these events make use of a simplistic DM’ing system, which includes an easy to understand and customize character sheet, to influence rolls whenever they come up.

Though the guild does have some very important objectives and tasks, it is not designed to feel like a strict military or religious order. Rather, it’s designed more to feel like a close-nit group of travelling friends and even family, filled with a variety of different individuals. Additionally, the guild is designed to evoke the experience of travelling through a large and lively world. Travelling across the regions and zones may take time, but through either events or by participating in the community RP that we find, it should feel exciting and fresh.

If you’re interested in joining us on our travels, please feel free to get in touch with myself or Casious. We will be happy to answer any questions that you have, or arrange your induction. Additionally, if you wish to arrange any other kind of RP with us, which we can participate in on our travels, we would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day everyone.

15 Likes

With the path about to set off to Pandaria our relatively peaceful time at home has come to an end.
If you’re in need of a job due to recent events and are worried for the state of Azeroth, drop us a letter!

2 Likes

Senator Stonedust’s report

The Crystal Path made landfall in the Jade Forest just over three weeks ago and have hit the ground running in their efforts to protect the region. Upon our arrival we discovered the Drowned God N’zoth’s corruption has spread out from the Vale, and seeped into the oceans surrounding the Jade Forest, causing the tides to react in chaotic, and destructive ways at certain places and times.

Young shaman, but Crystal Path veteran, Molge Featherbeard led an outstanding evacuation mission, guiding the Pathfinders to completely extract every civilian from a small fishing hamlet as it was flooded by the ocean, and brought them safely back to Paw’don Village. Aiding a local Lore Walker, the Pathfinders also uncovered an ancient scroll written in the long lost original language of the Jinyu, before the Mogu Empire.

The Crystal Path caravan ventured to Pearlfin Village, home of the Jinyu in the Jade Forest to seek their wisdom in deciphering the scroll, and to help calm the oceans. During my time working with Elder Lusshan to decipher the ancient scroll, the Pathfinders worked with Waterspeaker Curihl, who’s job to watch over a powerful Waterspirit was jeopardized when dark forces kept it locked in a comatose state. Without the spirit’s assistance, corruption from the Old God, and pollution caused by Hozen began to darken Lake Pearlfin’s once pristine waters.

The Pathfinders led by Molge traced the pollution back to it’s source, an AWOL Gnomish officer who had organized a group of hozen and supplied them with machinery. He was convinced to stand down and disband his operation, leading that particular band of Hozen away from Pearlfin. At the villages darkest hour, Chief Caravan Guardian Solarex led the defence of Pearlfin Village against an assault launched by the forces of the Old Gods alongside the Jinyu Defenders. meanwhile Farseer Lebular worked with the the Waterspeakers and local spirits to awaken the Water Spirit, and guide his cleansing powers to clear the corruption from Lake Pearlfin.

Working alongside some of the now unobstructed ancient Jinyu spirits, I was able to decipher the ancient scroll, leading me to believe an ancient Mogu temple resides hidden and buried, somewhere beneath the Jade Forest. The Crystal Path caravan has now set off and is currently residing in Dawn’s Blossom. The Pathfinders have been blowing off some steam, taking part in local festivities and sampling some of the local culture, whilst I continue to do research. Perhaps the hidden Mogu temple may pertain information relevant to the Champions of Azeroth’s mission against N’zoth? I will report back in when more information is available.

• Senator Galdir Stonedust of Ironforge
2 Likes

I can’t recommend this guild enough! alot of freedom, versitile events a wonderful friendship and great red thread in the story arc’s open for most players, races and classes, so if you are looking for a home, dont look any further!
/ member for ~4 months

2 Likes

Recommending. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Senator Stonedust’s Report

The Crystal Path’s stay in the Jade Forest has extended beyond what I had initially planned, and though it had not been without hardships and setbacks, the results I believe were well worth it. My investigation into the hidden Mogu temple beneath the Jade Forest had reached a roadblock, as I found an elder by the name of Lady Qiang Zhin Mellowtide had also been researching some suspicions she had on an ancient temple, but when I tried to locate her, I learned she had gone missing.

Our allies pointed the finger at a group, that the Pathifnders had been dealing with near Dawn’s Blossom for a couple of weeks, the Legacy of Shaohao. From what I’ve heard, formerly a historical society, who’s been taking measures to try and re-install an Emperor over Pandaria to protect it from the Old God’s corruption. Though I am sceptical of their ability to pull this off, they have formed a powerful small army and dangerous determination. Following a celebration in the town of Greenstone, one of it’s leaders was mysteriously abducted. The Pathfinders led an expedition into the forest and found them in a hozen cave, alongside Lady Mellowtide. However, before she could be rescued, magic scrolls that were binding them teleported her elsewhere, but the rest of the missing elders and leaders were rescued.

Shortly after this, a group of Hozen, enraged and fuelled by corruption, clashed near Greenstone against a group of Jinyu. The pathfinders and their allies managed to re-direct the battle away from the town and prevented any collateral damage. Capitalizing off of the town’s fear of corruption and the outsiders, the Legacy of Shaohao established a sizable force near Greenstone to keep watch over the situation. The Pathfinders meanwhile set off towards the Tian Monastery and the Hozen villagers to deal with the root cause of the problem.

Through some clever investigation and tricky diplomacy, the Pathfinders uncovered that startlingly a shady merchant organization known as the Onyx Serpent supplies the Hozen with corrupted goods that had turned them more violent and aggressive. They managed to convince the Hozen to come along with them, and work alongside the Jinyu to expel the corruption not only from the locals, but also from the nearby lake and return it to it’s pristine condition. However a powerful Jinyu by the name of Radiant Anjelmar became outraged at the Jinyu who worked with the Hozen, and exiled them from her clan.

The Pathfinder’s next destination was the coastal village of Sri-La, where the daughter of Lady Mellowtide resides as an important figure. The village had been suffering as the anglers were no longer able to catch as many fish as before, owing to the corruption in the waters caused by servants of the Old God. Thankfully the Crystal Path uncovered the most local source, a deranged, shadowy shell of a Pandaren in a shipwreck, more monster than mortal now. He was slain, and amongst his possessions, were the reagents used to create the scroll that had abducted Lady Mellowtide. Our young mage and aspiring scribe Kailin Asheton re-created the scroll with the reagents and opened a portal to where the Elder had been taken, allowing the Pathfinders to rescue her.

Together with the Elder, I was able to locate the hidden temple deep below the ground nearby, before the Legacy of Shaohao managed to collapse the earth on atop of it with their forceful excavations. The Pathfinders and I snuck in, got passed the ancient Mogu traps to find the tomb of an ancient Warrior, Kei’mon of the Rajani. Fascinating though he was, the real treasure was the haul of Azerite on the level below, and an ancient titanic instrument that plays music using water! Though it was damaged it was still a marvel to behold and listen to such beauty.

We took it to the Temple of the Jade Serpent, where we managed to restore it in the waters of the Fountain of Everseeing. I believe this water powered instrument was created by the servants of the Titans themselves, and holds the potential to purify much of the Old God’s corruption. A celebration was held after the ritual to restore the instrument, where I performed a small ceremony to appoint Molge Featherbeard as the new Caravan deputy, and leader of it’s defences, after Caravan leader Lebular assured me her work ethic these past months had been exemplary. The Caravan now is travelling to the Valley of the Four Winds, where I hope we can continue to assist the peoples of Pandaria against the lingering corruption of the Old Gods.

2 Likes

5/5 stars, great guild.

Still having fun after a year and more.

3 Likes

Senator Stonedust’s Report

The Crystal Path has been travelling through the Valley of the Four Winds for a little over a month now, and have managed to accomplish many great things for the Pandaren and other citizens there. Their first stop was at the Thunderfoot Fields, which started with some simple farming work but grew into something much more. A Virmen raid struck the farm, but rather than simply drive them off, the Pathfinders investigated and learned the Virmen had been driven out of their burrow when it was collapsed by Saurok. The Saurok were in a nearby underground Jinyu shrine, where they had been digging looking for Azerite, but been driven mad by the whispers of the shadowy entity known as Phage, a servant of the Old Gods. The Saurok were driven out and the corrupted wound sealed, calming the earth and allowing the Virmen to leave.

The Saurok’s shadowy trickery was far from over however. Up in the veiled stair, the Pathfinders were called in to investigate the mysterious disappearance of an ancient relic. A Cloud Serpent Statue named Ra’Vah, recently unearthed in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. It vanished whilst it was being transported through the region to get it away from the minions of the Old God. The Pathfinders and Shado-Pan learned all too late that the guards had been ambushed by Saurok using shadow magic. The Pathfinders attempted to follow the Ancient Cloud Serpent Statue , but it had been broken into pieces, and taken through a portal to elsewhere, before they could catch up with it.

After this the caravan travelled to Halfhill, where the Pathfinders worked around the clock, assisting the locals with their various endeavours. The Heartland was threatened by further fighting between the Jinyu and Hozen peoples. The Legacy of Shaohao organisation felt a strict protective force around the region necessary, but the Pathfinders were able to resolve the conflict before it required an unnecessary show of force. On a smaller scale, the Silken fields were beset by angry Azerite infused moths when one of the workers there attempted to enchant their fine silks with the blood of our world. Whilst I’m sure the results would have been fine to look at, I am glad the Pathfinders were able to put a stop to the rampaging moths and humanely take them away, whilst putting a stop to further frivolous uses of Azerite.

Our acquaintance from the Jade Forest, Jinyu diplomat Radiant Anjelmar showed up in the Valley, having discovered the location of an ancient vault of waters, we believed to be an old portion of the Terrace of Endless Spring that sunk way underground and had remained closed off for millennia until now. Anjelmar, seeking to make amends for previous actions and help the Valley recover sought to complete a ritual to release the waters. The Pathfinders discovered that part of this ritual involved the use of the Scales of Ra’Vah, which apparently some of her underlings found. Fearing they may have been corrupted by the Saurok or whoever hired them to steal the artefact, the Pathfinders recovered the scales and safely stored them away, but assisted Anjelmar in completing the ritual, witnessing and participating in the ceremony to release the mystic waters back into the Valley.

With halfhill in safe hands the Crystal Path caravan moved on next to a small village to the west known as Stoneplow. In that quaint farming community we met up with two caravan members, Explorer’s League member Borduff Sogfoot, and Life Coach Meryl Brightsprocket. Two who’s expertise will serve us well in the Krasarang Wilds I’m sure. Before we could go into the Krasarang Wilds however Stoneplow was struck by horrors as a wound opened up near the Wall, from which shadowy minions of Phage and her foul corrupting essence emerged. Our intrepid Pathfinders strode out to help the local farmers and Shado-Pan agents barricade the area around the wound and keep the monsters in whilst they gathered Azerite from the nearby ruins, and Elemental Spirits from the Paoquan Hollow. Using the hydraulophone we discovered in the Jade Forest, to direct and channel these twin energies, to cleanse the corruption off the land and back down into the wound where it could be sealed.

Stoneplow seems safe for now, and given time should recover back into a thriving farming community. Our next destination is the Krasarang Wilds, where I hope our research into the Temple of the Red Crane and the various Mogu ruins will yield some interesting information in our fight against the Shadows. A forward scouting team has been sent ahead to set up a camp, and a safe location for our Caravan to arrive in, from which point we can begin making our way through the Jungles.

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading if you did

The Crystal Path has just moved into it’s third zone on our Pandaria quest, the Krasrang Wilds, which would make it a great time to join up if you fancy getting involved in our adventures.

We host roughly three events per week, 19:00 Realm time, that use a simple to learn and very flexible Rolling System and Stats Sheet

If you’re interested in joining us, feel free to message myself (Plus any of my Alts: Kailin, Aurorla & Solarex) or Molge or Ryuzaki, and we will be happy to answer your questions

Thank you for your time, and happy RP’ing

4 Likes

Senator Stonedust’s Report - Krasarang Wilds
Over the Past month the Pathfinders have been down in the Krasarang Wilds, braving some of the most dense and dangerous jungles on Azeroth, as well as travelling to the southern edge of the known world, all in the name of maintaining balance.
Since our caravan was unable to make the trip down the steep overgrown slopes leading into the Jungles, a forward team led by Molge Featherbeard was sent ahead to brave the jungles on foot and set up a basecamp amidst some old mogu ruins. Using the information and ancient stone tablets they took from the Mogu ruins, the group were able to create a single use teleport to bring the caravan down into the clearing. The work of the young mage Kailin Asheton very much impressed me, alongside of course his mentor’s Denna Starshard and Taalja.
During their work the team met a Saurok outcast named Valtror, who had been cast out of his clan for speaking against their new leader “Prince” Ridraan. This Saurok Prince seems to have aligned himself with an unknown Mogu who proclaims himself to be the next emperor, and has earned the use of powerful Mogu magics fueled by Azerite in order to create for himself new soldiers. To make matters worse, we confirmed that the Saurok also possessed the Claws of Ra’Vah, deadly weapons that can cut through just about anything.
The Pathfinders, from their new base in a small fishing village on the coast named Rim’Na, began to plan how to take the claws back and stop the perversion of Azerite in the Saurok’s base. Working alongside their allies, the Crystal Path were able to liberate the Jinyu village of Fallsong from the Saurok and gain their assistance, as well as free the water spirit that once watched over the pools the Saurok were using to create more life, and stole a powerful relic that would have given the Saurok control of the Mogu spirits trapped inside the ruins they use as a base.
With careful planning, the Pathfinders managed to get inside the Saurok’s base in the Mogu Ruins, keeping them distracted by the Mogu Spirits, so they could call upon the rescued water spirits to cleanse the spawning pool of Azerite and stop it from being used, as well as flood the Prince out of hiding. Ridraan closed in with an army of Saurok but was cleverly separated from his reinforcements by a trap devised by Molge and Mhurtan. Whilst cut off, Lebular and Valtror convinced many of the Saurok to not follow a Mogu and his servant, but Ridraan used this opening to seriously wound Lebular.
Thankfully she was stabilized and Ridraan subdued. The Pathfinders were able to evacuate the ruins and take two of the Claws of Ra’Vah into their care, whilst Ridraan was taken by the Shado-Pan
Though we have achieved a victory it was a costly one, and I do not think we are done yet. The Source of the Azerite used to turn the pools is still yet to be found, and the unseen Mogu pulling the strings may yet cause further problems before we can leave the Jungles. I will report to the Champions of Azeroth if anything major occurs.

The Crystal Path has spent the past four weeks in the Krasarang Wilds. We’re planning to stay here a little while longer to round off the first half of our Pandaria Campaign, before setting out to begin the second half in the Dread Wastes

We host roughly three events per week, 19:00 Realm time, that use a simple to learn and very flexible Rolling System and Stats Sheet

If you’re interested in joining us, feel free to message myself (Plus any of my Alts: Kailin, Aurorla & Lebular) or Molge or Ryuzaki, and we will be happy to answer your questions

1 Like

I went from a despicable and lazy lay-about to productive saviour of Azeroth in only three years, ask me how today!

Senator Stonedust’s Report – The Dread Wastes

Greetings Champions of Azeroth, Ironforge Senate, I hope this letter has reached you from the Townlong Steppes. I apologise that I have taken longer to send a report following the last one in Krasarang Wilds, much has occurred since then.

The Crystal Path managed to track down a great deposit of Azerite in the Nayeli Lagoon, deep beneath the waters. They planned to safely extract and contain it for our cause, but upon arrival they found large groups of Hozen, Jinyu and Saurok there. The three forces were locked in a stalemate, none daring to try and make the claim on the Azerite just yet, lest the others attack them. But we knew this standoff wouldn’t last forever, and eventually one side would break and fighting would begin. Considering the fuel the Azerite would provide, plus the lingering darkness across Pandaria awakened by the conflict in the Vale, this could be disastrous.

The Pathfinders had a plan, they went to each of the three factions separately and diplomatically made deals to try and arrange a peace summit. Thanks to our already strong relations with the Jinyu, they were no problem. The Hozen were a little trickier, but after engaging in some unique ‘Hozen Diplomacy’ they managed to win over enough support to their idea. However, whilst on their island of Unga Ingoo, they learned that a shadowy boat in the mists filled with cultists was trying to manipulate the Hozen to violence. The Hozen drove them off, but they escaped before we could learn anymore, unfortunately.

Lastly was the Saurok, who would be the trickiest. But we were fortunate to rescue some from a skirmish involving weapons tainted by shadow magic, that were employed by the cultists to try and incite violence between the three factions. They belonged to a more amenable group of Saurok who would help us if we dealt with the remaining Saurok loyal to their deposed prince, which was done successfully. With all three sides accounted for, a meeting to discuss peace and evenly distributing the Azerite was scheduled and set up. The meeting began and proceeded very well. Lebular spoke highly of the diplomatic skills employed by our resident Priestess, Arya Elle.

However, the meeting was jeopardized and derailed by dark, emotion-manipulating magics employed by the leader of the cultists! Though the meeting was just barely saved, the cultists leader was revealed to be the elderly Master Gentlebrush, a traitorous member of a group of Pandaren Allies the Pathfinders had made. Alongside a now disgraced member of the ‘Legacy of Shaohao’ group, ‘Longfang’, he kidnapped a Pandaren girl with a natural talent for emotion based magics and used her to try and turn the Pathfinders allies against them. She was thankfully rescued quickly, and the rift patched up. Though whilst Longfang was captured, Gentlebrush escaped.

To give a chance for the air to clear and to stay out of trouble whilst things settled down, the Crystal Path Caravan ventured into the Dread Wastes, by sailing around the Serpent’s Shrine wall. Our timing was fortunate as when we arrived at the small coastal town of ‘Soggy’s Gamble’ we found it afflicted by a strange curse that would cause one of the villagers there each night at midnight, to turn completely into amber, petrified!

Naturally I’m proud to say the Pathfinders launched immediately into an investigation into the strange matter. The atmosphere was tense and uneasy as nobody knew who would be turning next, but eventually we figured out that there was a shapeshifter hidden amongst the townsfolk who was using a mixture of alchemy to poison and weaken everyone, before using shadow magic to steal their souls, and a strange mantid amber magic powered by the sound of a bell to transform the now vacant body into solid amber. The Pathfinders traced the source of the bell noise to a nearby island where they encountered the shapeshifter and fought him off, before rescuing the souls of those turned to amber.

A week was spent working on gathering the reagents and relics from nearby, to help ease the souls back into their amber bodies and reverse the petrification process. However, it came to light that our Caravan Leader, Lebular, had been replaced by the Shapeshifter since their skirmish on the island! The Pathfinders returned to the island and recovered the real Lebular’s body and soul, and shut down the amber resonators creating the ringing sounds. Back at Soggy’s Gamble, Arya used a new strange Light crystal to guide the souls, and one of our latest recruits, young animal handler Aurorla, used her alchemy skills to help reverse the petrification.

Everybody from the town was mercifully returned to normal. However poor Lebular, whilst having her body back had lost her connection to the elements, part of her was still stolen by the elusive shapeshifter. One of our Pandaren Allies ‘Whisper’ had also suffered a similar fate many years ago at the hands of this cruel shapeshifting monster, who had taken the lives of her friends and her literal name, with the use of strange ancient magic.

Using information that Whisper provided, the Pathfinders managed to devise a plan. They rescued the souls of her friends from some Mogu Ruins, and the souls of some of his other victims from his lair. After destroying the bell, they used the souls to lure him down to the Amber Vaults beneath a Kypari Tree and cornered him. Once confronted with truths that conflicted his beliefs about the people who’s lives he’d stolen and mimicked, his powers began to wane and he was defeated, before being encased in Amber and stripped of much of his powers. Apparently, he was some merger of a Mantid body with the soul and power of an ancient creature of the Black Empire, using the Eyes of Ra’Vah to enhance his powers.

The eyes were taken, and he was given to the Shado-Pan. With him gone the souls he had tormented were able to pass on to the afterlife. And I can happily say Lebular’s connection returned, along with Whisper’s name.

The capture of this monster and the retrieval of the Eyes of Ra’Vah, earned the Crystal Path the favour of the Shado-Pan stationed in the Townlong Steppes. Following some well-earned celebration at the Sunset Brewgarden, we set off into the Steppes to join the Shado-Pan at the Gao-Ran Outpost.

Though the Steppes are a much more welcoming sight than the Dread Wastes, we haven’t had much time to relax here unfortunately. The Pathfinders have quickly been swept up in a local conflict between Yaungol Tribes that’s threatening to spill over to the Pandaren. One Tribe known as the ‘Gal Ever’ tribe have enslaved a powerful fire spirit using an ancient string instrument, that I believe to be a Titan Relic! Using this Fire spirt and Titan instrument they’ve burned down many other Yaungol villages and stolen their people and oil.

The Crystal Path, along with some of their Shado-Pan allies are poised to strike soon at the Gal Ever Fire camp, in an attempt to rescue the fire spirit and captive Yaungol, as well as hopefully retrieve the Titan Instrument. I hope to update you with good news on this front sooner rather than later.

The Crystal Path has spent the past few weeks in the Dreadwastes. And now we’ve set off up north and are currently staying amongst the Shado-Pan in the Townlong Steppes, where we will likely be staying for a few more weeks yet.

If you’re interested in joining us, or arranging some kind of RP, feel free to message myself (Plus any of my Alts: Kailin, Aurorla & Solarex) or Molge or Ryuzaki, and we will be happy to answer your questions

I do always enjoy reading about the Path’s adventures!

Here’s to three more years!

3 Likes

Lovely group with tons of adventures!
If you want to travel everywhere in Azeroth, then this is the group for you.
I wish you the best of luck!

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words guys! :grinning:

Senator Stonedust’s Report – Townlong Steppes

Greetings to our caravan’s benefactors, I hope this report finds you well. I however have mixed news to bring you from the edge of Pandaria. Alas, whilst our raid to rescue the captive fire spirit and kidpanned Yaungol from the Gal Ever Clan’s Fire Camp was a success, their Champion managed to escape the battle with the Titanic Instrument that allows him to control fire to a startling degree. He likely rejoined with the rest of his clan up in the Kun-Lai Summit, which by the time you read this, we may have encountered once again.

However, we could not afford to go after them right away, The Pathfinders attention was pulled back down Southwards, following the trail of a strange magical signal that was forcing the fire totems to blink out a series of flashes that drove the formerly captive Yaungol into a rage. It seems that a combination of flashing Lights and the alchemical substances that their captors gave them, can drive them to such intense emotion. The source of the magical signal was a strange totem that was not only controlling the fire, but had also drawn in risen mantid corpses, corrupted and puppeted by our phantasmal foe, Phage. The Pathfinders fought them off and destroyed the totem, then traced it’s origin back to a ship belonging to the Onyx Serpent Trading company, who were in the process of stealing relics from the Timeless Isle for some nefarious purpose.

The Pathfinders opted to remain in the Townlong Steppes with the Shado-Pan Garrison, to assist those still stationed out there, deal with the local issues, whilst as I understand it, most of their main forces are wrapped up dealing with lingering threats in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The Pathfinders ventured to Shan’ze Dao to protect the Cloud Serpent Nesting Grounds from some rampaging golems, and make it all clear for the migrating serpents to land there. However, before the Cloud Serpent Young could land, they were abducted by powerful storm magics conjured by a group of Mogu from the Zan-Tien Clan. The Pathfinders managed to sneak into their camp and take them by surprise, freeing the Cloud Serpents and getting them out amidst the chaos. After a costly battle between the Shado-Pan and Mogu, the Pathfinders took the fight to the Mogu’s Stone Champion, Qian-Jree and defeated him before he could unleash more dangerous storms upon the land.

A while later the Pathfinders were called in to harvest some Azerite that had emerged out of a wound beside the Temple of Niuzao, that was causing part of the temple to sink. They managed to stabilize the wall and gather most of the Azerite before the arrival of rivals from the Legacy of Shaohao group, and the Traditionalist group showed up, to take it for themselves. However, before any fighting could occour, all three parties were caught in a surprise attack from a giant tunnelling Kypari worm that devoured the remaining Azerite and caused them all to fall into a cavern below. I am proud to say that despite their injuries, the Pathfinders were able to keep conflicts and tensions low, and managed to get themselves and both Pandaren factions out of the caverns relatively unharmed.

After earning the trust of one of the Legacy’s commanders, Katyin, she informed them of her concerns. Concerns regarding the actions of her colleague, Narla. Commander Narla as it turns out has one of the pieces of Ra’Vah, the broken down, gemstone Cloud Serpent statue, and The Heart of Ra’Vah at that. Supposedly she had discovered that the heart could be used to gather emotions and amplify them into the air around itself, and what’s more was part of the cargo of a Legacy convoy heading towards the Shado-Pan Monastery. Not wishing to see anyone hurt fighting over it, but also fearing what damage it could do, the Pathfinders opted to covertly liberate the dangerous artefact and hand it over the correct authorities.

They managed to do so without any harm done, however upon the Heart’s return to the Shado-Pan Garrison, once released from its protective chest, it released an aura of fear over the basecamp. Thankfully the Pathfinders were quick to work alongside the Monks of Niuzao, who were less effected, and entered the Temple’s sacred catacombs alongside their Pandaren allies, The Outsiders, to undergo a trial to confront and overcome fear. At the end of the trial they discovered a mystical chamber, filled with gemstones and ore, and enriched by the power of the Earth itself! Supposedly in eons ago, during the first reign of the Black Empire, on this very land Earth Elemental Champions did battle with the forces of the Shadow and fought them off, before seeping some of their strength and courage down into the very rocks themselves. The Pathfinders drew upon this power and enhanced the Titanic Drum artefact they found in the Storm Peaks. With the power of Courage, Earth and the drum’s steady beat they were able to drive off the aura of fear!

Following that, the feeling in the Townlong Steppes was a bit tense, but ultimately seemed to be calming down, with most of the threats gone. Once it was safe to continue on, the Crystal Path set off for the Kun-Lai Summit alongside the Shado-Pan to attend the trial of the disgraced Dai’Lee Longfang. Their passage to the Monastery was briefly obscured by a storm conjured, worryingly by a trio of Mogu sorcerers from three different warring clans, the Zan-Tien, Baruk, and Dokani. They were defeated and captured, and the storm stopped, but the implications of their cooperation may present a cause for concern.

The Trial went ahead, and I won’t bore you with all the details here, as the immediate outcome is more pressing. It’s clear that Longfang and his secret supporters were intending to use the trial to generate more favour and good publicity for him, by spinning the events to look better for him. However, he had very little success against the case presented by the Shado-Pan and backed up by the Pathfinders. So he opted to cut his losses, overtly came out as a traitor alongside Narla and his new allies, and escaped the Monastery using an escape plan contingency put in place by those he’d swung to his side during his captivity. He’s now on the run, with the Shado-Pan hunting him down.

As for the Crystal Path, we have departed from our Shado-Pan allies and travelled down the mountain to a town known as One Keg. We’ve been having a bit of a break here, but I’m certain work will begin again soon, as there’s much to be seen and done in the wonderful Kun-Lai region, before we venture at long last, into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms that rests at the heart of Pandaria.

Hey everyone else, just a quick update the Crystal Path has now finished it’s adventures in the Townlong Steppes and are currently staying in Kun-Lai Summit. We have lots of cool stuff planned for there, and for the Vale of Eternal Blossoms too.

If you’re interested in joining us, or arranging some kind of RP, feel free to message myself (Plus any of my Alts: Kailin, Aurorla & Solarex) or Molge or Ryuzaki, and we will be happy to answer your questions

I’m Denna Starshard and this is my favourite guild on the internet.

Jokes aside this is the only guild I’ve stuck with for years of consistent RP and I love the stories we’ve made together.
If you want a great longterm RP community don’t be scared to reach out to us.

2 Likes

Senator Stonedust’s Report – Kun-Lai Summit

Good day to you, Champions of Azeroth and the Ironforge Senate. Apologies for the delay in this report, but much has happened during our stay in the Kun-Lai mountains, and now that it has concluded I can relay largely positive news to you all.

A short while in to our stay at One Keg, a group of Grummle traders were assaulted by a monstrous beast, that once defeated by the Pathfinders was revealed to be an undead Yeti, corrupted and pupetted by the foul phantasmal sludge of our persistent foe, Phage. Through some investigation it was discovered that the poor beast’s demise and subsequent corruption was the result of skirmishes between the local tribes of Hozen, Jinyu and Yaungol, Most specifically the Hozen had begun to tame and work alongside the Yeti to harvest strange reagents high up in the mountains, but this particular one had run afoul of Yaungol and their new Azerite fuelled weaponry, which they had discovered during their drilling for oil. The Pathfinders intervened and managed to get both sides to stand down, so they could seal the wound, whilst also re-connecting with their Yaungol ally Jeong Emberhorn, and their Hozen friend, Yar Yar.

Through their connections, the Pathfinders managed to visit the Yaungol, Hozen and Jinyu tribes, and gain a fuller picture of the events transpiring between them. The Yaungol required fuel for a bonfire they believed would defeat a prophesized darkness that had once haunted their tribe eons ago, to do this they tried stealing it from the Hozen’s more oil and lumber rich land. The Hozen meanwhile were attempting to harvest rare herbs and berries from up the mountain peaks of Kun-Lai, and cultivate their own to make cures for the Yeti’s and their own people’s rage, but they needed special waters from the Jinyu’s Ancient Cistern, which they were willing to steal. Meanwhile the Jinyu were trying to ration and control as much of this potent magical water as possible to combat an illness that was sweeping through their tribe, robbing the afflicted of their strength and emotions, whilst also growing concerned about the Yaungol bringing the elements out of balance with their giant fire.

Helping out the Yaungol first, we managed to find a way to communicate with ancient Yaungol ancestors. Among the first of their kind to settle in these lands now known as Pandaria. They revealed to the Pathfinders and Jeong ancient dances and rituals past down from their forebearers that allowed them to harness the power of the sun themselves, much like some of our modern day Tauren associates. Additionally, they revealed the location of one of their earliest settlements in this land, where the remains of a powerful relic are buried. As Jeong and our Farseer Lebular taught these techniques to this Yaungol clan, the rest of us delved deep into the caves beneath the Mountains to discover the ancient Yaungol village, flash frozen in the ice. Battling through tormented ghosts and defeating ancient Mogu guardians, we reached the ruined remains of the powerful relic. A forge that had been stolen by a Mogu Emperor after his predecessor had called down a mighty blizzard of ice and darkness to bury the Yaungol home in an attempt to subjugate them more easily. Likely the darkness prophesized. However, a spark of life, a golden flame, remained burning away where the forge had once been, it seemed eager to join us.

With the Gal Ever Clan of Yaungol learning more about their old ways, and with a trade agreement established between them and the Grummle people, we were confident that they would be able to survive a while longer without needing to do any raids. However, they were still in the possession of the Titanic Erhu instrument that conjures fire, and the Crystalline Horns of Ra’Vah, a piece of an ancient cloud serpent statue that once protected Pandaria. They were not willing to trade these treasures without reasonable replacements. Replacements we gathered could only be created in the missing ancient forge. Alas, during our delving into the frozen caves, we had been joined by the Legacy of Shaohao in an uneasy alliance, led by their new apparent heir, a charming young man by the name of Yun. If anyone would know more about the past, it would be the legacy’s historians.

We travelled with them back to their main home base in Binan Village, to discuss a means of doing more research together. In the meantime, the Pathfinders busied themselves investigating the sickness spreading through the Jinyu village, and discovered that it was waterborne. They discovered it was more than just a physical ailment, and had been enhanced by shadow magic, flowing out from a corrupted wound nearby. They sealed the wound and stemmed the spread of further infections, but discovered that one of the Jinyu leaders, Radiant Anjelmar, had a daughter succumb to the disease, and in her distress contacted the Mogu to assist her. The Pathfinders broke up their alliance before the Mogu could enslave the Jinyu and promised to find another way.

With the help of our Lorewalker friend, Tenzin, the Pathfinders and Legacy of Shaohao were able to venture to the Timeless Isle to gain more information, an expedition I also joined them on. Luckily there were plenty of people there to protect me, as I would have been quickly overwhelmed by the sheer number of dangerous beasts and strange temporal shenanigans. But we made three discoveries: The identity of the Mogu emperor who stole the Forge, Subetai the Swift. The location of a Rajani Mogu vault containing information on this virus last time it surfaced. And the location of a spirit that claims it can trace through a person’s bloodline, which the Legacy wanted to use to determine whether Yun or Chi’um were the heir to Shaohao. The Pathfinders valiantly climbed the mountain behind Binan Village, over the Hidden Passage to reach the Secret Aerie, where they employed the help of the Hawk tamers to find the Rajani vault up in the mountain, where they were able to recover the recorded cure for the virus afflicting the Jinyu.

Alas, though we had a cure, mass producing it was going to be difficult, as half of the reagents were controlled by the Hozen, their Kafa’Kota berries, and their Kunzen Spices, which they also needed for their own purposes. The Pathfinders travelled to the Hozen tribe to propose a deal, the Jinyu would provide the Ancient Cistern Water, the Hozen would provide the seeds for their rare mountain-growing reagents, and the Pandaren would grow them for both groups to take. Both groups were hesitant but seemed to come around to the idea eventually. Alas to win the Hozen over the Pathfinders had to gather some of the reagents themselves, and help them find the right balance of reagents to make the rage cure for the Hozen and Yeti. As it turns out, raw Kafa’Kota berries cause excessive rage, and mixed wrong with other reagents, it can make the effect even more potent. But with the right other reagents, the effect can be reversed. Working with the Hozen ‘Slerpmaker’ the Pathfinders were able to find a cure to the rage that had spread among the Yeti, and provide the Hozen with a way to tend to their new friends.

Whilst we were staying near the Hozen, the Crystal Path also put together an expedition up to Mount Neverest. It was during this time we gathered some of the reagents for the Hozen. But additionally, this expedition served as a trial, to carry the Golden flame from the Yaungol forge up to the peak, as part of a quest to reenergize it with their own spiritual energy. Alas my climbing days are coming to an end I fear, but the Pathfinders themselves really impressed me with their strength, determination and perseverance, as they surmounted the mountain. Especially among those inexperienced or initially reluctant to participate in the climb, I saw significant growth in them by the time they returned.

However, while we were getting closer to an agreement between the Jinyu, Yaungol and Hozen, the forces of Phage were trying everything they could to prevent it. All three had been initially driven into conflict by fear of Phage and the other remnants of the Black Empire, and this boiled to the surface when tensions between Hozen and Jinyu caused enough violence and anger for Phage’s corruption to manifest and attack the small town that had initially agreed to house the farm. The Pathfinders assisted the Shado-Pan in containing the corruption and getting many of the civilians to safety, but alas it was no longer suitable. The Hozen responsible for starting the attack was tracked down and apprehended before he could be taken in by the Onyx Serpent and allowed to corrupt the other Hozen. But just as it seemed like things might be going our way, another round of sneaky attacks and manipulations pushed the tensions and resentments over the edge, and the Jinyu, Hozen and Yaungol were lured into a battle. Thankfully, the Pathfinders were able to rally support from the Pandaren at Binan Village and prevent any fighting from taking place, before revealing to all of them that the shadows had been pushing them towards conflict from the start. Realizing that the only way to survive was together, the four peoples banded together and agreed to create the farm at Binan Village.

The Hozen brought their reagents, the Jinyu their mystic waters, and the Yaungol their totems glowing with solar fire. Together they created a grand farm that the Pandaren could run and provide food and more for themselves and their new allies, including the cures for the Jinyu and Hozen.

Alas, things can’t all go so well, and I believe suspecting that the Pathfinders might have stolen some of their good faith, the Legacy of Shaohao decided they would determine once and for all who the Heir was to Shaohao. The Pathfinders went with them up the mountains to make sure there was no funny business. Guarding the way to the ancient blood spirit was the forces of the Zan-Tien, Baruk and Dokani Mogu clans, along with the traitors Longfang, Narla and Zian Ironreed, and their followers. The pathfinders managed to destroy a strange mogu construction they had built that was absorbing the Azerite from a wound below, and captured the Shado-Pan traitor Zian Ironreed to boot, all to make a distraction to slip past their settlement.

Once past, they reached the Blood Spirit who supposedly revealed the heir was Chi’um, the young Pandaren girl with a nack for emotion magics. The Legacy’s leader Kean Rei knew the Pathfinders and the girl’s Pandaren traveling party would never allow him to take her, so he had the Blood Spirit attack them as he made his escape with her! The Pathfinders managed to defeat the Blood Monster, which revealed itself to more likely be a servant of the Old Gods, than a natural spirit, and likely lied about the whole thing to cause chaos. The Pathfinders snuck into Kean Rei’s base and attempted to rescue the girl, but discovered that Kean Rei had been possessed by a bloody Mogu the whole time, and said Mogu had now transferred his soul over to the girl! The Pathfinders helped the Legacy priestess exorcize the Mogu ghost and purge him. However, Chi’um’s soul was already gone, taken by shadowy entities in some kind of dark deal.

I wish there was something I could have done to help the poor lass, but it’s a bit beyond my understanding. Thankfully the more mystically inclined Pathfinders are tracking her down as I write. However, in my skills as a researcher and diplomat, I managed to find where the ancient Yaungol forge is now kept, buried in an old forgotten vault beneath the Temple of the White Tiger. An elder and good friend from the temple took us up there on a tour, and then down into the depths of this old vault, travelling deeper than any had probably gone in centuries, until we found the forge. On our way we were attacked by the crazed champion of the Gal Ever Yaungol, who viewed ours and Jeong’s efforts to work with other people and rely on old traditions as weakness. He decided to test our strength in a furious battle, which I naturally stayed far back from. But the valiant Pathfinders managed to overcome the intense flames of his enslaved fire spirt, and furious slashes of his spear made from the Horns of Ra’Vah, and bring him to submission. After he relented and we took his weapon, we re-ignited the forge with the empowered golden flame, and used it to fulfil our promises to the Gal Ever Yaungol tribe, making them new sturdy metals, and giving them a source of sustainable fire. In exchange we took the Titanic Erhu and Horns of Ra’Vah.

After all’s said and done, the Kun-Lai summit is a more peaceful place, with at least these tribes of the locals now having reached an arrangement, one which will hopefully spread to the others across Pandaria. The Legacy is disbanded, their mission to find Shohao’s heir will likely never come to pass, even if such a person exists in this day and age, millennia after his death. However, their more extremist defectors and the Mogu they work with are on the move to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, led by their ‘Emperor’, the one behind the Suarok in the wilds, a Rajani defector named Kei’Mon who seeks to bring order and purity to Azeroth by any means necessary! The Crystal Path have travelled into the sacred vale at long last to put a stop to him, and the Onyx Serpent if they can, all while searching for the Soul Chamber of Pandaria.

Hey Argent Dawn. The Crystal Path has now finished it’s adventures in the Kun-Lai Summit and have just travelled into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms for the final stretch of our adventures in Pandaria, to round out the year.

If you’re interested in joining us, or arranging some RP with our gang, feel free to message myself (Plus any of my Alts: Kailin, Aurorla & Solarex) or Molge or Ryuzaki, and we will be happy to answer your questions

2 Likes

Shadowlands will be released soon, you might want a break from breaking your back for your favourite afterlife covenant.

You could take that break with this guild of lovely people with some great RP and good stories.

1 Like

Senator Stonedust’s Report – Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Greetings Champions of Azeroth and Ironforge Senate, to whom I am able to deliver this final report of the year to, in person. The Crystal Path caravan and I have returned from Pandaria with vital and exciting new information in our developing quest to understanding Azeroth’s history and how to secure her safety. However, the process of gathering that information was perilous and taxing, but I shall endeavour to give the best account I can on the happenings in the Vale of the Eternal Blossoms.

As I left you in the previous report, I mentioned our remaining threat, Kei’mon. A powerful stone Mogu, formerly of the Rajani clan (who are the Champions allies in Pandaria). He was laid to rest thousands of years ago after falling in battle to the Black Empire, but had since been brought back, his body impaled by spires of Azerite erupting from the ground, which flooded him with power and scrambled his mind. He had grown hyper focused on defending Pandaria and Azeroth at any cost, and so had been building an army loyal to him which he would try to use to conquer Pandaria and crush any remaining corruption. In addition to the remnants of the Legacy of Shaohao (whom he had been using as ‘gateway-imperialism’ to make his eventual takeover more palatable), and the Saurok followers of Prince Ridraan, he has also uncovered an old vault of Stone Mogu and a crypt of bound ‘mortal mogu’ souls. He placed the newer souls into the older bodies and had them infiltrate the ranks of the Rajani.

He had managed to accomplish this using stolen Mantid technology mixed with otherworldly reagents from strange soul trading creatures. However, following a mantid attack on the Shado-Pan base that he orchestrated to gather more resources and improve his disguised soldier’s standing amongst the Pandaren, the Crystal Path uncovered the fiendish plot. The false Rajani were exposed and the ritual circle in the woods was reversed to draw their souls out of their bodies and send them back to whence they came. The Pathfinders and Outsiders, suspecting that they might find some clue as to where their missing friend Chi’um had her soul taken to, followed the Mogu souls back to the source. They infiltrated the old Rajani vault that had been conquered by the Baruk Clan and destroyed the defences. Finally, they reached the vault with all the bodies and buried it again, rather than let them be used for Kei’mon’s insidious plans.

However, in the vault the Pathfinders had witnessed a meeting between Kei’mon and some of the strange otherworldly traders. They rescued one from the collapsing room and took with them one of the self-proclaimed emperor’s relics for locating souls. Forming a temporary alliance with the strange creature it revealed that its boss had worked with both Kei’mon and the traitorous elder monk, Xiaosheng Gentlebrush. The latter of which, had been the recipient of the soul of the child Chi’um after she was stolen from the coronation. Chi’um’s soul now was lost inside a pocket realm created by Gentlebrush with the power of his dark master, Phage. Our new ally had a way to reach it though, with enough relics from Gentlebrush’s past that he had a close connection with, he could help pinpoint his soul and open the way to this demi-plane.

With the help of Lorewalker Tenzin, the Pathfinders scoured Gentlebrush’s past, reliving pivotal moments in his life. The frustrated painter had been born over ten thousand years ago and lived through the War of the Ancients, to witness the reshaping of Pandaren culture as their people followed the teachings of their last emperor, Shaohao. Whilst others had embraced their new ways and learned to block out the Sha, Gentlebrush could not. He had wallowed in his hatred and fears. He had abandoned his colleagues to die in pursuit of darker artistic inspirations. He had even murdered a man in a fit of jealousy, before finally having his fabled meeting with Phage. The Shadow Serpent bequeathed him the power to steal identities, as well as the capacity to live indefinitely, so long as he maintained rage and anger in his heart.

Along this dark path he had left behind his old heirlooms, works of art, and weapons of murder. Few of which had survived the ravages of time and were salvaged to be used in the ritual. The Pathfinders, Lorewalker and their new ally used these heirlooms to open a temporary rift to Gentlebrush’s realm, into which the Pathfinders and Outsiders delved. Within they saw a twisted vision of the Vale where all the Titans and Pandarens work had been overtaken and destroyed by the Black Empire and Mantid. They snuck through the wastes and infiltrated the dark palace, fending off shadowy mantid and defeating monstrous creatures made from living paint. At the heart of darkness, they rescued the soul of Chi’um from a prison where she had been forced to use her powers to create and now enhance the deadly rage inducing sludge that spread from person to person like a virus. They were unable to undo her work, nor capture Gentlebrush, but the girl was safe and returned to her body in Mistfall Village.

It was a small mercy that Chi’um remembered little of her time in Gentlebrush’s realm, aside from the basics of what she had done. However, she had also learned some insights on the origin of her abilities to manipulate emotions, they had come from her connection to Ra’Vah, the ancient Crystalline Cloud Serpent that the Pathfinders had been putting back together. Though initially she believed herself to be its reincarnation due to a lie from Phage, the truth is closer to her holding the small sliver of Ra’Vah’s soul that remained after escaping the dark fate that befell the rest of it long ago. But at the time, she believed that in order to ward Pandaria’s soul chamber from the shadows, we must return the completed body back to its resting place outside its doors.

With aid from the Golden Lotus the Crystal Path began to investigate some excavation sites near where the body of Ra’Vah was originally found, in the hopes that they could find the entrance to the Soul Chamber. But before they could, they discovered the Zan-Tien and Dokani Mogu clans in league with Kei’mon had set up camps around other nearby excavation sites and old ruins. They snuck around to the top of the Zan-Tien’s camp and flooded it with water as a distraction before sneaking inside to retrieve the relic out from under the Mogu noses. They found a large flat stone ring, the outer layer of a disc that seemed Zandalari in design. They had taken one piece, but the inner ones were in the hands of the Baruk.

The following day, some of Kei’mon’s Pandaren followers had the nerve to attack them inside the inn at Mistfall to try and steal the disc fragment! Luckily, they were subdued, and they learned their plan was to try and bait the Pathfinders into hastily moving the Relic and body of Ra’Vah to the Shrine of Seven Stars, so they could be ambushed along the way. Now armed with the knowledge that the Dokani were waiting to ambush, the Pathfinders sent the Outsiders the long way around to the Shrine disguised as farmers, whilst they delivered a decoy cart along the quicker route towards the shrine, loaded with fireworks, and a hidden portal circle. They lured the Dokani into the first attack and then summoned reinforcements, causing the Mogu to bring in their own reinforcements later down the road to finish the job, including their sorcerer who held the relic. They stole the relic from the Dokani Sorcerer and then ignited the decoy cart, causing the fireworks to go off in a cacophonous explosion that gave them the cover they needed to escape.

Combining the outer and inner rings of the relic, plus a small Zandalari shield that Farseer Lebular had been gifted by the spirit of a Zandalari defector and the descendants of his Pandaren friends, the relic turned into a magical compass that could lead the holder through the labyrinth of tunnels in the earth beneath the excavation site the Golden Lotus had found the body of Ra’Vah inside. Though her body was incomplete with the Lungs still in the hands of Kei’mon, the Pathfinders took what they had down through the twisting corridors into the earth. They found the ancient chamber with its grand door at one end, requiring two ancient titanic keys to open, just like the ones we discovered in Uldaman, Uldum and Ulduar. The room was magnificently designed, held up by four statues of the elemental champions, a Phoenix, and Djinn, a Gemstone Colossus, and a Giant Koi. In the centre was a forge beneath a platform, onto which the body of Ra’Vah was placed and locked into. Once the room’s defences were recharged, the Zandalari spirit appeared, revealing that at one stage he had been one of the two Key Guardians, but had passed the title onto the Pandaren he chose to protect, which leaves the current title in the hands of Yubi Thunderpaw, their descendant and now friend of the Pathfinders.

Yubi claimed her key, but to enter the Soul Chamber and return the Azerite, we’d still need to find the second Guardian and their key, as well as Ra’Vah’s lungs. Handily, the two items presented themselves together shortly. Not so handily was they being in the hands of Kei’mon, who revealed that he was the original guardian chosen to protect the Soul Chamber long ago, and had never relinquished the key or title at the time of his original death. He had sensed the partial reactivation of the chamber and demanded that Yubi hand over her key to him so he could claim its power to save Pandaria. He then revealed that he had already reactivated a bleeding, floating titanic machine of war! Which he had turned into his new palace, and was hidden in the storm clouds above. With it he could unleash the souls of his mogu army and terrible storms, which he threatened to do unless his demands were met.

I am proud to say though that the Pathfinders and Pandaren would never give in to a tyrant, even one who proports to be acting for the betterment of Azeroth. Working alongside the Shado-Pan and the Rajani Mogu, a plan was hatched to deactivate the engine’s main cannon to prevent it projecting souls, whilst simultaneously removing it’s central power source. The Pathfinders and Outsiders were taken up on cloud serpents into the ruins around the engine. The Outsiders made their way up towards the top, sabotaging defences with the ultimate goal of claiming the driver’s seat. Meanwhile the pathfinders snuck down into the lodestone mines from which the engine drew power and stopped the emperor’s men doing so, before stealing their Azerite draining equipment. The teams then split up, Deputy Molge’s team made their way up through the sewers, battling Cloud Serpent riding Mogu, and even bartered their way past the deformed and disgraced Saurok Prince Ridraan, to reach the engine. They defeated the Mogu and drained the Azerite power source, before going down to face Dai’lee Longfang and Narla Twinfriend. Narla turned on Longfang, hastily explaining she had been a Shado-Pan agent in deep cover all along. He put up a solid fight over the command of stone with Molge, but was quickly overwhelmed. He attempted to escape his body, using his newfound necromancy learned from the Baruk Mogu, to inhabit a stronger stone body. Solarex managed to use the Light to ensnare and trap his soul and bind it back into his true body, defeating the traitor once and for all. Mhurtan Ironwill and Ranknar Matchbeard using the engineering skills they’ve picked up through their travels deactivated the cannon.

Meanwhile above, Lebular’s team were taking the mining tools up into the heart of the engine. They slipped through the defences and held off Mogu forces whilst my assistant Borduff used his magical and runic knowhow to deactivate the locks. The Pathfinders bypassed electrical defences and recharged magical locks to open the way to a grand chamber, where they encountered what they believed to be Kei’mon. The massive imposing stone Mogu gave them and Yubi the chance to surrender, but upon refusal launched into a fierce battle! They traded heavy blows back and forth with the giant stone tyrant, each strike drawing out dazzling and shimmering globules of Azerite energy which he used to unleash devastating attacks. But in turn the Pathfinders used the stolen tools and their own connection to Azeroth to take the energy back, and turn it against him! After a fierce battle over the blood of our very world, the Pathfinders stood victorious over Kei’mon’s body.

However, it was not the true Kei’mon, his stone simulacrum crumbled into rubble and his voice boomed through the halls, beckoning them into the heart of the engine. Following they found him as he truly was, still imposing but weary, pained, his stone form cracked with large shards of Azerite coming from his shoulder, causing him great pain. They put together what had happened to the man, how the world blood had driven him from a stalwart defender of Azeroth into a mad tyrant. The pathfinders proved that they were more capable to protect Azeroth than he, by preventing the four pylons in the corners of his chamber from charging him, by taking the brunt of the power and energy themselves, or blocking it with magic. Kei’mon was not impressed at all of them for not taking on the energy themselves, but conceded that their strength lay in their teamwork, and adaptiveness, able to overcome many situations with a wide spread of skills. He stood down, passing the second Titan Key Stone and the Lungs of Ra’Vah to the Pathfinders. The Azerite was taken from his shoulders, and he agreed to leave, taking to the throne of the engine to pilot it (with the weapons deactivated) away from Pandaria and out on a new voyage of his own, to watch Azeroth from afar.

With Longfang imprisoned, the self-proclaimed emperor abdicated, and the Pathfinders now in possession of everything they needed to enter the Soul Chamber of Azeorth, things were looking up for our little gang. All that remained was to head back to the Soul Chamber and venture inside to recharge it with our gathered Azerite. However once the lungs of Ra’Vah were returned to her body, the old titan machines reactivated and stated that it needed to be cleansed, and its plinth sunk down into the earth, taking the crystalline cloud serpent with it. We pursued after, opening the chamber door with both Yubi and Kei’mon’s keys.

The information we discovered in the chamber pertaining more of Azeroth’s history, and the struggle between the Titans, Elements and Phage will be fully documented in a second report once I have finished going over all the information we extracted. But for now, we witnessed a retelling of a fateful battle eons ago between the four elemental champions who used their titanic instruments, the Horn, the Hydraulophone, the Erhu and the Drum to defeat the Phantasmal Phage. The Pathfinders bypassed ancient puzzles and traps to open doors, and cleansed Phage’s lingering corruption within the halls. The corruption fully manifested within the body of a giant Koi fish made from water, the Water Champion, now turned into a giant sludge aberration. The Darkness was purged and what pure waters remained followed the Pathfinders, opening the passage into the final chamber for us.

The console to channel our Azerite down into Azeroth’s Ley Lines was at the end of a passage filled with murals and old texts. We decided to split in two parties, with myself leading the group that stayed behind to gather the information, whilst Lebular went on ahead to return the Azerite. As mentioned, what I found will be the subject of another report. The Pathfinders meanwhile discovered the console before a large shaft leading down into the heart of the world, suspended above it, between four strange discs, was the body of Ra’Vah, coiled up. The Pathfinders repeated the process they had undertaken in the three prior soul chambers and put their gathered shards of Azerite into the console and directed it to cleanse Ra’Vah and the Ley Lines. The Azerite broke down into a blinding coalesced ball of swirling blue and gold lights that washed over the Cloud Serpent and then blasted down the shaft into the world’s soul. The energy spread all across Pandaria, restoring strength to Azeroth and purging Phage’s influence and presence from the continent, or so we believed.

What Azerite remained was infused with the Water Spirit’s energy and turned aqua blue before being returned to us. However, the Azerite coursing over Ra’Vah’s body shifted from radiant blue and gold to a hissing, festering red and purple energy that corrupted the body, turning its scales from white to black. It uncurled and revealed it had been wearing the mask of Phage, stolen from the Caravan and placed upon it’s head by Narla Twinfriend. The Double-crossing fiend revealing she had been working for Gentlebrush and Phage all along! The situation went from bad to worse when our Lorewalker ally was revealed to be Gentlebrush in disguise after he stole his identity.

Gentlebrush explained how he had stolen the body of Ra’Vah and split it apart and sold it to the different factions across Pandaria to fuel conflict, whilst also enabling them to gather reagents he needed. Magically enhanced Kafa’Kota Berries and Kunzen spices, grown in spiritual Jinyu waters to induce rage in those who consume them when they also witness flashing lights fuelled by Yaungol Oil and filtered through Saurok gathered Serpent’s Eye Crystals. Those afflicted would be corrupted by the Phantasmal Sludge and turned into rage fuelled ‘Hollow’ beasts, which would empower Phage who now resided in the corrupted body of Ra’Vah.

Thankfully there was a small mercy. Gentlebrush and Phage’s power only worked over those who’s identities they knew, and could only start small. They pulled the Pathfinders and their closest allies into Gentlebrush’s nightmarish realm once again, with the intention to infect them with hatred, so it would spread to others like a virus. With each soul that fell to hatred, Phage would grow more powerful, and her influence would spread to more people, drawing them into her realm and away from reality.

The Pathfinders and their allies concocted a plan. They needed to use the Titan instruments to defeat Phage in her new body, but they were not as powerful as the elemental champions of old. So, they would need to gather help from spiritually inclined performers they had met across their journey. Whilst also simultaneously looking for Gentlebrush’s hate resonator to shut it down. Before they could enact their plan right away however, we were attacked by a swarm of Hollow. The poor rage filled souls chased the Pathfinders across the dark reflection of the Vale and to the Gates of the Setting Sun. There the Pathfinders convinced the Shado-Pan drawn into Phage’s vision not to make a last stand at the wall, but to retreat and regroup with their allies at the Garrison near Niuzao Temple. The Pathfinder and Shado-Pan convoy retreated through the gates and into the Dread Wastes, trapping the Hollow in the courtyard. But, before they could get far, Gentlebrush showed up and damn near blasted through the gates. He was only held off by Farseer Lebular who remained behind to keep him busy in a duel. Our caravan leader put up a good fight but knew she would fall eventually. Thankfully something miraculous happened, and with the aid of Pandaria’s spirits, she was able to escape the Fallen Monk’s clutches through a cloud of mists that kept his hollow minions trapped.

Temporarily without their leader, the Pathfinders set about enacting their plan. From the Niuzao temple they flew across Pandaria on hot air balloons, gathering the aid of the Yungol Fire Singers from Kun-Lai, the Jinyu Water Dancers from the Valley, and the reformed old stone Mogu Choir from the Jade Forest. At each location they helped their allies escape the hollow and aberrations that infested this dark reflection of Pandaria. From the Gal Ever Yaungol clan they also gathered the help of the fire spirits who had once been used as test subjects by Gentlebrush to create the hate frequency in the past. Using the help of the empowered Fire spirit Gal, the Pathfinders and Yaungol cleansed the fires around their clan and kept the darkness at bay, as well as isolating the corrupt frequency.

With this frequency in the flames, they travelled into the Dread Wastes and used the Klaxxi resonator rods to track the true source of the hate frequency. They located it inside the old lair of the Mimic Mantid that had tormented them months ago. Sneaking inside they bypassed the new defences set up by Gentlebrush before coming face to face with the man himself. He attempted to overwhelm them with Hollow and turn their allies against them, but the Pathfinders escaped, thanks to the magical might of Denna Starshard creating an impenetrable inferno between them and their allies. They escaped the flames and found the hate resonator further up. The fuel oil was disconnected and hurled away, whilst the crystal lens was shattered. With the threat removed, the Pathfinders realised the runic circle upon which the resonator was placed could reach out to all the spirits of Pandaria, explaining how the frequency had spread so far. However with it, Denna could locate and summon Lebular using the ring she had given her has an anchor for such a spell before she stayed behind back at the gate. With everyone working together, the Pathfinders were all reunited and returned to the safety of the Niuzao temple.

All that remained to escape this vision and return to the true Pandaria was to defeat Phage. The Pathfinders and their allies boarded their hot air balloons and flew back across the Steppes and over the Serpent Spine wall, into the Vale. In the darkened skies they clashed with the monstrous onyx cloud serpent and it tore down their aircraft. They regrouped on the ground whilst Phage freed the trapped Hollow and basked in their collective rage, before leading them over to the Pathfinders. The Outsiders, and Shado-Pan as well as their other allies formed a defensive line at a chokepoint to hold the Hollow off, whilst the Pathfinders, backed up by the Mogu Choir, Yaungol singers and Jinyu dancers engaged Phage in the confrontation that was half deadly battle, and half intense performance!

Lebular and Taalja held off Phage and healed their allies using shamanistic and arcane might. Wyonna was on the horn, Molge on drums, Maeren on the Hydraulophone, and Denna on the Erhu. Together they overcame Phage’s defences, purging her corrupt body of the twisted elemental energies she had stolen from the champions that once defeated her, and left her vulnerable. With their backup, they unleashed a final barrage of primordial elemental and Azerite power and cleansed Ra’Vah’s body, forcing the soul of Phage back out and thrusting it to the dark corner of reality from whence it came! The Cloud Serpent body collapsed and turned to Azerite. Meanwhile, the Hollow continued to advance, but with backing from the Pathfinders music, Chi’um used her powers to undo the hatred corruption, and turned all those unfortunate souls trapped in Phage’s vision back to normal.

All that remained was Gentlebrush, who attempted to flee the scene and steal a new identity to go into hiding with. But his hostage was saved by Maeren, and Molge apprehended the fallen monk. Bereft of his patron’s power, and surrounded by a swelling of positive emotions from the restored Pandaren, Gentlebrush’s immortality began to fade. Though Lebular attempted to save him by making him feel remorse, he decided I would be too difficult and painful to try, and would rather die out of spite.

The Pathfinders and their allies phased back into the real Pandaria, which had mercifully been spared Phage’s corruption, and where most remain unaware of what transpired in that horrific vision. With the Ley Lines cleansed I believe Phage will be unable to afflict Pandaria at all ever again, and the grim spectre of the Black Empire will hopefully soon fade from this land.

Though troubling news has reached us from the homelands about the Scourge’s return, the Crystal Path has earned a sorely needed break, and have spent their last week in Pandaria attending the wonderous Wanderer’s Festival in Krasarang, and taking part in the final round of the prestigious Iron Paw tournament in Kun-Lai, which I am proud to say they came out the victors, after a splendid final round with no losses! Afterwards we rested in the serene Zouchin Province whilst awaiting a ship which came to take us home earlier this week. We have since returned to Ironforge and while I will miss Pandaria for it’s charming people and beautiful landscapes, it is nice to be back in my own office once again.

Thank you for reading, and I hope that my pathfinders will be able to bring about more results for the betterment of Azeroth that I can share with you, next year.

Hey everyone, with that the Crystal Path’s adventures for 2020 and our third year together have come to a close.
We will be taking a short break from scheduled and structured RP, but I suspect some of us will still be around casually in Ironforge every now and again over the holidays.
We’ll be kicking off next years adventures at some point in January. But until then, Happy Holidays Argent Dawn.

2 Likes

And we are back, after last week’s big start of year meeting, the gang have decided we’re off to Kul Tiras next!

However before we can get there, we need a ship, so tonight marks the start of our small trip around the mid/north of the eastern Kingdoms to find a crew

Bump up for a great bunch of folks.

1 Like