[A-RP] The Knights of Kul Tiras ⚓ "Proudmoore's Finest, at your service!"

Sir! We are going to be overrun! The Naga are swarming out of the ocean like that which we have never seen!

Caught out upon the coast of Tiragarde Sound, amiss a violent storm which had washed ashore overnight. The small unit of marines was held out within a bunker upon night duty. Raging against the sound of gunfire and cannon shot, the thundering storm hid the efforts of the marines beneath it’s blanket of rain. Swiftly a tremor shook the bunker itself, causing the marines to stagger and sway before their sergeant screamed out;

“Sign off now!”

Swiftly falling into a routine the marines called out their names.

All were accounted for until a flash of lightning unveiled what has caused them to stagger. One of the fearsome Naga goliath brutes had come ashore, slamming its weight and might against the once thought immovable bunker. Bricks cracked, metal warped. Marines blindly firing into the gaps within the bunker until the sound of a familiar horn blared. The swarming naga hissed and searched for where the sound came.

Finally, it arrived… Hidden by the very thunderstorm the Naga had used, stormsilver tipped lances shined as the light of the bolts of lightning tore the sky asunder. The bunker shook once more, the Brute hell-bent upon prizing open the very tin which held it’s dinner within, Naga myrmidons slithered to protect the Brute. A lone sea witch continued to manipulate the covering storm, casting forth harsh winds and rain towards the incoming foe.

Another roar of thunder bellowed out, masking the sound of a dozen chargers bounding forth full gallop. The Marines spotted who had arrived and watched on as their kin slammed into the Naga lines, running the very beasts through with their lances. One pressed on towards to strike down the Sea witch and down the witch went, it was a devastating charge which broke the Naga lines.

Finally, the goliath of a Brute came to turn around, it’s fists hitting the ground with such it created small craters. The speed of the riders made it hard for the Naga to shift into position to hit them, one by one the lances struck at the brute. Some snapped, some broke of dense scales, some drove in deep.

Several moments passed as the riders lanced down the Brute, alas it finally fell. Its blood flowed out towards the ocean, washing the sand red as the tide rolled back it. The storm began to break, the spell was unravelling and then the grace of the sun broke through and captured the dozen of Knights. All sat upon their steed and painted in the blood of the Naga, swiftly turning to look at the Marines. The Standard bearer removed his helm, bowing towards the marines and their Sergeant to simply utter;

“Proudmoore’s finest, at your service!”

Forged in the sea and shaped by the tides, the men and women who fashion and make the Knights of Kul Tiras are known for their unwavering resolve to see the tasks set before them done. Gallant and valiant within the face of adversary the Knight are known to uphold the utmost care and respect for their nation and its people. Following their code firmly and zealously to the days they either return to the Tidemother or fall to old age and turn to a comfortable life.

Purpose

Over my many years upon being a roleplayer, I have seen guilds rise and fall. However, I found it often hard press to see a Knighthood guild done in a way which isn’t bound to some order or is devotedly based upon the Military. Granted many had done the premise great, however I wish to see this guild do it justice, not to just be a place for Knights to congregate and stand around in a parade, but to also allow people of all walks of life to possibly join and generate a warm atmosphere both IC and OOC. I seek to have this guild be a place where a player can come and enjoy their roleplay and develop a story which will progress for them. My first aim at doing this is by having a more by the book method of recruitment to uncover the characters who wish to come forward and join. Granted it will be a small undertaking, however I have answered such in the F.AQ. Alongside this, I aim to ensure that the Roleplay will be within a fitting environment for all to feel comfortable within. If someone wishes to go off to the Hinterlands, by all means, we’ll find you a task to do within the Hinterlands. Someone wishes to attend a tournament, by all means bring it forward and it will be reviewed. I do not wish to have myself or my officers come to feel pressed to generate Roleplay for anyone within the guild. This is a system which I seek to install a DnD system in place so that anyone can create an event, or should someone wish to host a small series of events. The System is there for them within the Discord.

In turn, I will be seeking to establish this guild to be a firm and resolute staple of the community. One which will hopefully be able to partake and organise open events for others to join in and enjoy, as well as possibly seeking to establish a strong back and forth with the Horde guilds who may seek to do small RP-PVP based events. I will understand if people hold reservations against such, however I do aim to have this guild flourish and become a guild which allows characters of all walks of life to grow and progress. Be they Kul Tiran or Mainlander.

Ranks

Knight-Champion

At the head of the Knights sits the Knight-Champion. The man holds the voice of this sect of the Knights firmly, his words are to be enforced and kept in check. Battle tested, revered and also a son of the sea. The Knight-Champion leads the Knight forward with the goal and ambition to see them do their nation proud.

Knight-Captain

Picked by the Knight-Champion, the Knight-Captain/s are the voices and people who ensure the commands are followed on and off the battlefield. These men and women have shown exemplary behaviour and duty within the field, and are elevated to the pinnacle of their respective paths.

Standard Bearer

Inspiring and proud. The Standard bearers are the Knights who have proven themselves resolute and resilient within the field of adversary. Bold and imposing towards their enemy, these Sirs and Dames sway the banners of Kul Tiras when combat is upon them. Off the field however, they are the voice which holds the line and enforces the code is kept in check.

Knight

Gallant, Brave, Chivalrous. The Knights are the very beacons of what the code they have sworn to uphold stands for. Having gained extensive experience over their years of servitude towards the Nation of Kul Tiras and it’s people. The Knights are also the main group which will embark forward into matters internal and across the realms of Azeroth on behalf of the sect.

Squire

A Squire is selected and picked by a Knight who stands within the sect, granted people can apply to become a squire and learn the code and purpose of what it means to be a Knight. However, it does bring in a deeper understanding of what the station of a Knight requires. A Knight will only select a Squire from one of the Trusted if they deem them worthy. Applications to be a Squire are also very extensive.

Trusted

Those who are Trusted towards the Knights are of both Kul Tiran and Mainlander alike. Granted they are not yet of the station within the Knighthood, they are still respected and seen as individuals who have earned their place.

Custodian

Custodians are people of knowledge towards the Knighthood, as shown they can be of all walks of life which have proven their knowledge is a solid asset towards the Knight’s progress within both internal affairs as well as external ones. This role can be filled by both Kul Tirans and Mainlanders.

Native

Akin to that of the Mainlanders, the native are those whom gain notice from the Knights that are Kul Tiran. These Kul Tirans will hold a fraction more sway than that of the new Mainlanders who would join, however they as well have the same rigorous entry process.

Mainlander

As it says upon the tin, so to speak. The rank of Mainlander is someone who is of the mainland and wishing to support or aid the Knights and their efforts by any means they so feel, be they a sellsword, blacksmiths, medic or even simply a humble scribe. However, the process for entry for Mainlanders is still as extensive as it would be for Knights.

The Knights Code

“From tide to tide, from sea to sea. Proudmoore, Waycrest or Stormsong, we are our nation’s finest. We shall not waver, we shall not fall. As thick as our ships hulls, our armour will not break. To defend our nation, our island, our home. We sacrifice our blood, our honour, our souls with pride. For when the day comes, when the sun shall rise. In these words, I vow to keep the virtues of the nation of the sea.

I swear, I shall promise;

To protect the weak and defenceless,

To live by honour and for glory,

To despise pecuniary reward,

To fight for the welfare of all,

To obey those placed in authority,

To guard the honour of fellow knights,

To eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit,

To give succour to widows and orphans,

At all times to speak the truth,
To persevere to the end in any enterprise begun,
To respect the honour of all men and women,
Never to refuse a challenge from an equal,
Never to turn the back upon a foe.

In the name of the Lord Admiral and for the glory of the Tidemother, these vows I swear until my days come to pass. Ashes to ashes, Tide to tide, Sea to sea.”

Expectations

As a guild, what we ask and expect of our members is that they keep them to hold up the Rules which are enforced within the guild, alongside this we ask that people show understanding that we are not wanting to make this a job for the GM and the Officers. Alongside this, people who wish to rise up through the ranks of the guild. That comes down to both proving you own personal growth within the guild as well as completing the quests which will be posted upon the guilds Discord. Finally, we simply want people to be able to have fun and enjoy themselves in the environment we wish to establish.

F.A.Q

1. Will there be a uniform required upon entry to the guild?

Upon entry to the guild, be they Kul Tiran or Mainlander no uniform is expected of them, however their attire will have to be within reason. I.e- No super glowing armour and weapons. Yet should an individual advance through the ranks of the guild and seek to enter the confines of Knighthood. Then they are expected to wear the colours of Kul Tiras and hold an attire fitting of the nation.

1. Do you have any Addons which is required for the guild?

The guild does indeed have a selection of Addons which we do ask people to download so they are kept up to date and informed with the guild’s actions. We ask that people have a TRP/MRP/XRP profile so we can get to know the character, we do request the profile to be fleshed out.

1. What events will the guild be partaking in?

The guild’s event will be formatted around the guilds premise, so in nature and turn they will vary from Knight’s being assigned to matters within the nation of Kul Tiras or external to the nation. These may also be to the standard of a DnD style event or hopefully in time become more towards RP PVP with other guilds. Alongside that, given the guild will hold a station within Kul Tiras, meetings and summits will be held to see the progress of the Knights.

1. Will the guild be open to working with other guilds?

As stated already the guild will hopefully in time grow to be established and set up a communication between other guilds. Granted it will be out of the benefit and for the betterment of Kul Tiras the majority of the time, however we will be seeking out to help and work alongside willing guilds.

1. What’s the difference between a Kul Tiran and a Mainlander within the guild?

To be direct about it, Kul Tirans will have an easier entry process to the guild and will gain the station of Trusted. Rather quickly, this is essentially due to the nature and lore of how Kul Tirans are towards Outsiders. Granted it will be a bit harder for a Mainlander to progress, however at the end of their path will be a reward which will elevate them to the same station.

1. How extensive is the guilds recruitment process?

From experience being within multiple guilds who have had many various ways of recruiting. I wish to have a more, in-depth and intense approach towards it. Granted people may wish to enter the guild, however I hold close to myself the creed of “Quality over Quantity” so a formal exchange between Recruitment officer and applicant will be had IC.

A small note in addition - If anyone seeks to apply to the guild when a recruitment officer is not online. The ideal course follow is sending an IC mail towards the Knight-Champion with the following information;

Name:

Nation of Birth:

Skills:

Criminal History:

Previous employment:

1. What races and classes will the guild accept?

Now I have given this some thought and in truth the conclusion I have come up with is the following. The races which the guild will accept are Kul Tirans, Humans, Dwarves ,Dark Irons, Gnomes and Worgen. All the other races to me seem to be rather out of place among the setting in which the guild concept is based. As for classes, I will say the only classes which will hold some scrutiny are Death Knights, Warlock or any character which holds a Dark Eldritch theme to it. So please understand, I will take into consideration characters who are not the gameplay class.

Final notes.

I would like to thank the people involved who helped me establish this idea and grant me the feedback to develop it accordingly. For that, thank you :anchor:

Ingame name - Róderick
Discord name - BobRoss#7630

21 Likes

You /patted me once.

Have a heart.

I’ll /pat you many more times my Dark Iron friend.

1 Like

That’s great cause even Dwarves have feelings and emotions, but all memes aside, best of luck laddeh.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Sainur! I’ll be sure to RP with you some more soon.

1 Like

Can totally vouch for the OP. Seen him in action and just casual roleplay.

I’d recommend following this gentlemen’s example.

3 Likes

We will sit down and have that needed IC chat soon Olgard!

1 Like

That’s a bump. Had contact with the OP during the Fjord’s RP-PVP campaign, really cool guy.

2 Likes

Seems like a really cool, somewhat unique concept, if anyone is looking for a Kul’Tiran Guild I will send them your way!

2 Likes

I love this guy. Great concept, wish you luck with it.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve seen so much depth (unintended pun) put into a guild’s premise. Would you be interested in a mainlander Chaplain/Paladin joining with hopes of starting a mission in Kul Tiras, since the light is not a big part of Kul Tiran culture as of yet?

2 Likes

I’m open to all walks of life entering the guild as said in the post, I will find the interview process rather interesting! Tideguard meets Paladin!

1 Like

Hoo boy… that interview was a doozy. Genuinely hyped after that. Y’all really committed to your craft I’ll give you that. The guild has a new member in me (not a Tauren) and I’m glad to be here to see where things go.

(^_^)b Thanks again, my dude.

1 Like

Here’s a bump for you! Can’t wait to start roleplaying with you lot!

1 Like

Slams the post with a hammer This is what you asked for right?
Kidding. I like the concept and you’ve gotten my curiosity! :slight_smile: I might roll a human at somepoint and make her Kul Tiran, if only I didn’t have my hands so full already! Maybe in the future! :stuck_out_tongue:

Since I have uploaded this post, I’ve been met with nothing but kind words and for that I would like to thank all who have given their words towards me and the guild.

In return for these kind words, I would like to state to anyone whom holds interest into the guild. Yes, the guild is recruiting, and if you are wanting to either breath depth into your character or start a new on a character who is but a humble fisherman.

The guild will welcome you into it. As long as you get past the interview process haha.

With that said, thank you once more to everyone who has shown support to myself and the guild. Hopefully it will continue to grow and become a staple of Kul Tiran and Alliance RP. :anchor:

3 Likes

Maybe this is a stupid question, but, where do you usually RP?

At current I’m often moving between Boralus and Stormwind for RP purposes. However, more often or not you can find a few of us here and there in Stormwind at the moment. Aiming to venture out in the coming weeks when things have settled.
:anchor:

A very interesting concept! We need more guilds who take a different approach when it comes to events and storytelling. I wish you good luck!

1 Like

Wish you the best of luck old friend!
Great guy, a very competent leader and seems to outdo himself more often than not.

1 Like