[A-RP] [Warlock] Eredun Lullaby - Scholarlicious!

Long ago, the demonic forces of the Burning Legion very nearly destroyed the world. The memory of this evil was still fresh in the minds of most of Azeroth's citizens.

However, some still would consort with demons on a regular basis. They could be witnesses of the power of the Burning Legion and lust for that power themselves. They could be those who strive to learn more about these beings so they might be better able to combat them, should they return. They could be those that desire to "turn the tables" on the demons, to force them to be the slaves, instead of the mortals.

However, their dark practices and research are not generally accepted among the general populace. As a result, most warlocks were to be secretive, with their research facilities in the dark corners of their respective cities...

Regardless to personal interests, the organisation Eredun Lullaby, founded by demonologist Sir Ashkaar Laerent Armandel, wanted to offer a base for scholars of the darker arts.

Alas, it was not meant to be, circumstances silencing the tune.

Three years later, and with a new invasion of the Burning Legion underway, demonologist May L. Winters seeks to continue from where Sir Ashkaar's Lullaby left off.

Original preface, and a considerable amount of content below, was written by Ashkaar for the original guild thread, and adapted for the present.

In years past, Eredun Lullaby was a one-of-a-kind guild on Argent Dawn: a coven of warlocks gathering to share knowledge and further the Dark Arts, aligned with the Alliance, but also serving as a medium of communication and cooperation among other guilds of all sorts that warlocks called home.

Fluctuat nec mergitur. After a four-year hiatus, with our spirit living on in the hearts of persevering and persistent members, the Eredun Lullaby once again echoes in the darkest corners of Stormwind, seeking those who will hear it, interpret it, and seek it out.

________________________________________________________________________________

Who are we?
The Eredun Lullaby is an organisation for warlocks and witches who devote their lives as scholars of the Dark Arts. It is a guild open to warlocks only and was founded as a coven where members can meet and study together, exchange and preserve knowledge, perform rituals, and do all things warlocky.

The concept of this guild is that it's members will form it's cause; what we provide is a meeting point for those who IC'ly seek to meet like-minded people in the shape of dark magicians.

We accept associates to your character, of any race and class. However should the bond between master and servant/guard end, the non-warlock character will be removed from the guild.

We are also open for warlocks of the darker kind that would consider themselves loners and therefore have no role playing guild to join. So, if you want to spend time OOC with other warlock players, want the beneficial perks of a guild but no guild-duties, do poke us for a OOC rank in Eredun Lullaby. Guild-rules and guide-lines still apply.

Every applicant will be considered individually, and we feel that your roleplaying style or character is not suiting for Eredun Lullaby, we will decline your application. We are very adamant about adhering to canon lore, so a good grasp of and respect to it is required.

________________________________________________________________________________

General information

Name: Eredun Lullaby
Faction: Alliance
Concept: Warlock, Magical Sciences, Scholarship
Base: Surwich, Blasted Lands
Argent Archives: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/82752
Recruiting officers: Mayliffe

About

I created Eredun Lullaby in July 2011 after a rather long search for a guild suiting for a warlock. I found a few that sounded like grand guilds, but most of them had a purpose which I felt that my character could not commit to. I wanted a guild that did not force me into act towards a goal that wasn’t truly my own, and in the end I realized that there wasn’t one. I also realized that there wasn’t any true warlock-only guild. Sure, there are guilds based on warlock roleplay, but most of these guilds accept other classes as well.

We offer a sanctuary for warlocks that just “want to be”, without forcing anyone into a vicious goal of spreading corruption or fight for our right in the society. We’re simply a scholar’s guild – a place for warlocks to freely speak about their art, freely act and train, share their knowledge and their perhaps not so accepted goals, and together with others act towards those.

We have since the start been based in Surwich. Members are free to come and go as they like, but the rather small, quiet village is a perfect place for warlock roleplay and it is also here that we find most of the guild-roleplay.

Surwich is close enough to Stormwind but still far enough from the judging eye of the populace; close to the dark portal with its leaking fel-taint, which also serves as some kind of natural protection as it’s not exactly a popular tourist attraction.

We are more then willing to aid beginner-locks with lore, talents and background stories. Don't hesitate to apply even though you feel unsure - we can guide you in the right direction!

--Ashkaar

Six years after the original guild's founding and four years after its demise, this preamble still rings very true. I have joined a few guilds of my own in these past four years, but no matter how hard I tried, none fit the niche that this coven covered.

Eredun Lullaby was and is a guild for the warlock who sought to focus more on the academic and scholarly side of the class and their own personal agendas, as opposed to following the agendas of others, or spend their whole time vanquishing good or evil guys.

Today, we seek to continue the legacy of this old guild, as well as bring it to the future of Warcraft in Patch 7.3 and beyond. As in the past, our aim is to provide the same safe and welcoming haven for warlock role play, and expand upon it.

As it has always been, we expect members to bring the role play to the guild, but also provide to them. Continuing from where we left off, we offer a large library of knowledge that we will ICly seek to enrich and build with member support, through contributions, events, and more.

And, as in the past, we are more than willing to aid beginner warlocks with lore, talents, gameplay advice, background stories, and even a warm community to kick off from.
8 Likes
Application requirements and rules

• Any warlock can apply to join Eredun Lullaby. We also accept associate characters that are not OOC warlocks. These associates can either be tied to a specific person within the Lullaby, such as a servant or guard, or alternatively they can be a person who's ideals, motives, or interests align with the Lullaby. If the associate is tied to a specific member, however, they will be forced to leave the guild should his or her master or mistress for some reason leave.
• Strictly no OOC in channels for roleplay, including /s, /e and /y. Not even within brackets. These channels are strictly reserved for roleplaying.
• While perfect spelling and grammar is not needed, a decent grasp of the English language is required.
• A good OOC attitude and no trolling, flaming or griefing in public channels. Good attitude on public forums and pages related to the Argent Dawn roleplay.
• Decent knowledge regarding the game and class lore, or at least willingness to learn it.
• Some knowledge regarding the server roleplay is preferred. So is a profile on the Argent Archives.
• Your character must be at least level 60 to join IC. OOC membership is open from level 20 however.
• Because of the class's in general grim nature, it's preferred for applicants to be at least 18 years of age.

With the above in mind, you may contact a recruiting officer OOC to discuss your application. It is important that you do this; we want to make sure we're the right place for you, but also the right character for us.

After the OOC discussion, we will schedule your accession trial to join the guild IC. Aspirants will have to pass three (simple but) necessary trials to become full members: a trial of will, a trial of character, and a trial of worth.

Trial of Will: The first trial will be to actually find the guild IC. While not difficult, we are planning to test your character's mettle and provide some role play in you trying to come to us. After all, we're not a military order recruiting in the middle of the Cathedral Square.

Trial of Character: This is your in-character interview, which will take place upon the completion of the former. Here, you will meet with one (or more) recruitment officers and take matters IC.

Trial of Worth: The last trial is going to be formally offered during the interview (Trial of Character) and will involve proving you are suitable for joining the society. Scholars may be required to offer a meaningful contribution in terms of knowledge; less experienced but still aspiring members may be required to offer tokens of their intentions and planned efforts.

Upon the completion of the third trial, the aspiring member will be invited to the next guild meeting as a Neophyte, and enter a calendar month's worth of trial, during which we will observe your activity and character in practice. Upon the successful completion of the trial, the character will be announced a Warlock (full member) in the next guild meeting.

Ranking system

Master: Guild Master
Adept: Officer
Warlock: Full member
Neophyte: Trial member
Associate: Servant, guard, or other associate of a member

Events

• Evenings of Magic - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3888481618

Originally held in 2012, our Evenings of Magic was a successful series of public lectures on the nature and scientific classification of magic. Although it is an old event, it is a token of one of the activities we will be willing to pursue.

• Defence Against the Dark Arts - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616983695

A public lecture, introducing the concept of the Dark Arts, as well as means to defend against them, held in Lakeshire on Friday 13 October 2017.

• Rehabilitating the Wicked - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616994812

An open forum intended to discuss the potential rehabilitation or other treatment of marginalised groups with a reputation for dark magic, held in Lakeshire on Friday 27 October 2017.

• Fel-touched Venoms and Poisons - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617201935

A lecture on the subject of venoms and poisons as they can or have been affected by fel corruption, and as they appear on demonic or fel-imbued creatures, held in Lakeshire on Friday 24 November 2017.

• Afflictions and Curses - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617203357

A lecture on the subject of afflictions and curses, their nature, and various applications, forms, and practical examples on how they might be encountered, held in Lakeshire on Friday 8 December 2017.

• Necromancy and the Undead - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617742683

A lecture on the subject of necromancy, the undead, and their associated lore, traits, and where they might be encountered, held in Ironforge on Thursday 25 January 2018.

• Fel Corruption - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617912247

A lecture on the subject of fel corruption and the effects it can have in flora, fauna, and individuals, held in Ironforge on Friday 9 February 2018.

• The Fundamentals of Magic - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618064616

A lecture on the fundamental forces of magic and the differences and interactions between them, held in Ironforge on Friday 24 March 2018.

• The Void - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618212616

A lecture on the nature of the Void and what is known about it, held in Ironforge on Friday 6 April 2018.

• The Schools of Magic - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619192211

A lecture on spell classification using the Schools of Magic by Archmage Runeweaver, held in Ironforge on Friday 18 May 2018.

• Evenings of Magic: Abjuration - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619612044

A lecture on the School of Abjuration, held in Ironforge on Friday 25 May 2018.

• Evenings of Magic: Conjuration - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620622070

A lecture on the School of Conjuration, held in Ironforge on Friday 27 July 2018.

• Evenings of Magic: Divination - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624593088

A lecture on the School of Divination, held in Ironforge on Friday 2 November 2018.
1 Like
Reserved.
1 Like
In my early days of playing on AD, I remember seeing your members roleplay in and around the Mage Quarter and I was really impressed. Hope you can live up to your reputation!
A welcome blast from the past.
If you ever reach the point where you simply wish to redeem yourself then send word to the north, and I can assure you that a crusader or two would be more than willing to end your misery.

A great concept with an even greater GM!
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! As well as the interest, of course.

We will soon begin the process to induct the first recruits during this week. Once this is done, we will schedule our first IC meeting and sort out some pesky IC details via RP!

Hoping to make a strong core here, so we can once again echo as a sinister lullaby of Dart Arts RP, as opposed to being a mere hum ;) There will be some open events I am planning to do, and of course, we'll be eager to work with other guilds in various ways.
Well! Wasn't around on AD for the first coming of the Lullaby, but I've met some members of it here and there, always a pleasure RPing with you guys! <3

26/08/2017 19:51Posted by Mayliffe
So, if you want to spend time OOC with other warlock players, want the beneficial perks of a guild but no guild-duties, do poke us for a OOC rank in Eredun Lullaby. Guild-rules and guide-lines still apply.

I might take advantage of that at some point for my 'lockie alt ^^
You will be more than welcome to do so, it's not only for show after all! We're not a bank to store your dusty alts, of course, and OOC members have to follow the same code of conduct and rules as IC members do in certain regards!
We're currently prepping for the first round of initiations but there's still plenty of space! Remember, if you can't get hold of us in real time you can always contact either myself or Mayliffe via in-game mail and we'll reply ASAP.
Are you the type of people who communicate with /y in stormwind. '[Yell]: GET YOUR !@#$ over to mage quarter now'. Those type of people?
28/08/2017 17:14Posted by Warpos
Are you the type of people who communicate with /y in stormwind. '[Yell]: GET YOUR !@#$ over to mage quarter now'. Those type of people?

Gods no.
Go strong, little warlocks. Go strong.
Oooooooooooooh. I might need to send my new Alliance Warlock your guy's way :)
26/08/2017 19:53Posted by Mayliffe
Your character must be at least level 60.

Oh sugar...well guess I better get grinding then :/
We set this level requirement (over the old 20) since it's relatively easy to hit that level in current terms; heirlooms and heirloom mounts and everything taken into account.

In addition, it allows the character to have access to way more zones for RP purposes, including for meetings! Our original base of operations was Surwich in the Blasted Lands, a zone in the high 50ies range.

That being said, we're open to helping out OOCly as suggested. Perhaps OOC membership could tempt you while you level, as well as offer you guild perks?
Initiations beginning today!
I won't be online this evening, but I could jump on and perhaps join OOCly while I level?
Please do. Contact me or Melyssa in-game for an invite.

In light of this, I'm clarifying in the above rules that OOC membership is open from level 20 and above, IC membership from level 60.
Enjoyed a very interesting-yet secretive-IC welcome to the guild today!

Reminds me to brush up on my riddle skills.