A thread which should be unnecessary: OOCers

I think in situations like these, it’s a weird case of punching down.

Guy who plays MMORPG every day scoffs at another guy playing the same MMORPG every day, but differently.

Yeah - I clicked reply, so I was hoping it would show that. Potato forums.

1 Like

I see, but how would kill it the rp? If we are all on one server? I am sorry if i dont get your point right now. Do you mean, because if we were the only rp server, many ooc players would come here too, then?

It’s the one-per-country thing that caught me. We already have less than that, if you tally numbers. That would spread the roleplaying pop very thin, I’d assume.

I think she meant one per region.

This would spread the community very thin and it would just evaporate

Yeah - I figured that after my last reply. In which case, it’s a good idea to me.

Yes, i think that was a misunderstanding, i meant one per engligh servers, one for german ones, russian, french servers, and so on, so every language has one rp server.

2 Likes

Have it so that when you sign up for an RP realm you need to anwser like 10 lore questions.

I know people can easily cheat this, but the average OOCer doesn’t have the patience or attention span and will just go “meh too boring”.

1 Like

Even that is “meh”. Came to AD cause the french one, Kirin Tor, is functionally dead.

Yes, but thats a general point, as it would be unfair, if english servers, and german ones for example would get one, and french ones would not.

I remember their justification for rolling on a RP realm was because of the lack of phasing. Phasing, of course, being hugely detrimental to the Vanilla experience. And not, say, having a world filled with players over level 60, paladins on the Horde, shamans on the Alliance, blood elves, draenei, death knights, monks, pandaren, demon hunters, allied races, people on flying mounts and people heavily using transmogs.

1 Like

Vervaina has a point here. How do you define and OOC player, or better yet: How do you define an RPer?
Who is more entitled to the realm?
Is it the player who only plays the game to RP or the player who only RPs in guild chat?
Some players like to see other players RP, but have no intention of RPing themselves.

A good idea, however, I have met some players who are such lore buffs that they want you to list every ingredient in your magic potion or they would not drink it. And may the old gods save your soul if you get the ingredients wrong. I’ve also met ‘new’ RPers who are not well versed in the lore, but willing to learn.

Blanket solutions cause more problems than they fix.

4 Likes

I came to AD because my PvE friends invited me. They all left the server/quit the game and I stayed only because of the RP.

Now I am sure there are others like me came to AD without intention to RP, or being aware of Roleplay exists on WoW (I mean, I had tabletop RP experience from before which helped me to understand) and later found RP is fun, but (and it’s a big BUT) only now I realize that while I still haven’t started RP, some of my behavior as an OOCer would be considered as disturbing. Such as watching RPers from a safe distance or being OOC at RP hub. (Like anywhere but Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar - RECLAIM ORGRIMMAR FOR RP!)

For that, I am sorry AD, please forgive me. :pensive: I love RP now. This is my apology to all of you.

It might take time, maybe a couple of weeks for someone who didn’t come to AD for RP to be interested in the concept and decide if they will do it or not is fair. But after that, if the person is convinced it won’t be their thing, ever, other servers would fulfill their needs from the game better, for both sides.

8 Likes

Ah, yeah - I forgot that being a reason too.

Still sucked

1 Like

A person who, at one point or another, roleplays on WoW.

No one does this.

Obviously.

Should get lost, tbh.

8 Likes

Wait… so you used to actually do content back in the days? I thought you’re one of these people who’re only subbed for RP. :thinking:

RPer devotes time to roleplaying a character in the setting of Warcraft and its lore. OOcer doesnt.

Roleplayer. Period.

weird

refer to my restaurant analogy

3 Likes

I am now because BFA. :upside_down_face:

oocers don’t rp
rpers do

argent dawn is listed as an rp realm. rpers are far more entitled

do you do this? no one else does

then they shouldn’t be on the server

5 Likes

Imagine joining an RP-server for the sense of “community” but doing absolutely nothing to contribute to the “community” :slight_smile:

15 Likes