About ganking

I have a new hobby; hunting gankers.
Any particular areas I should be aware of? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Edit: I’m aware both factions do it, but barring deals with N’zoth I can’t do much more than lecture Horde players (which I certainly do). Ganking is wrong, no matter the side you’re on. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I’m in. Aszuna portals are a good place.

1 Like

One problem, Alliance don’t gank. You’d have to go on an Alliance char to hunt gankers, also known as ‘hanking’. I know a good spot for defensive anti-ganking the Horde, ‘danking’ - Redridge!

1 Like

Gankers in retail? Doubt it…

Oh bless… The worst thing is, you probably believe that.

Anyway, the places Alliance gankers tend to hang around are low level content where quests are specifically chained, as in you have to complete quests to progress in the zone itself. What they will do is repeatedly kill quest givers vital to progression, so that people levelling cannot actually do so. Therefore forcing the low level characters to just log off if it is their first character (doubtlessly with a simply -glowing- image of what WoW is like), or log over to a 120 and kill the annoyance. However Gankers have a certain peasant cunning, when they see the low level character log off, they have all their mates ready and waiting for when the Horde person turns up with their 120,so that they can insta-smash them, with their super duper coward skills.

Because you can actually flag for PvP even with Warmode off, this means they just shut down Horde lowbie zones for their own selfish kicks. There is probably a name for that mania, but it is verging on solipsism, or at least extreme egocentrism, either way, someone deeply socially flawed.

I won’t list which quest chains they can hijack, as whilst your average ganker (of either faction) can only put a hat on best of two attempts, I have no desire to aid their mania and lack of empathy by giving them clues.

But yes, if you’re hunting Alliance Gankers, those zones that used to be level 20-40 are good, especially Stranglethorn.

Good luck wiping out the type of people who actually -did- kill WPvP, whichever faction you play!

8 Likes

They have to enable WM… they made a choice for more difficult gameplay.

They will not be phased with war moders.

Hit them like you mean it, more dots.

2 Likes

I just don’t bother with WM to be honest. Its no fun being the outnumbered faction and having the vastly outnumbering faction get an extra bonus for outnumbering you. (But then, that is my choice to play on an RP realm, so meh)

Exactly, so they just flag for PvP and disrupt non War-Mode until people get tired of it. Trust me, I have seen it. Always ends in a small bunch of Horde come to try and stop them, when a Raid of Alliance emerge from their Rogue zone of stealth and gank them, before going back to what they were doing before. Alliance used to (and still do, as Blizz haven’t fixed it) form Raids and camp Dazar’Alor, as for some reason, whilst Boralus guards are all over Horde in Boralus like a dog eating hot chips, the Dazar’Alor guards don’t actually defend their city, so the Alliance had pretty much free reign across the city up to the Horde boat.

Not sure why that was, but yeah, that was on War Mode Off mode…

May be to do with it being in the RP shards for realms, but Alliance sure have it easy, and are making hay whilst the sun shines…

2 Likes

As a horde? good luck lol… no matter what people say the true is allliance get 50/50sharding all the time while horde sometimes 50/50 sometimes 100/0, horde is just not use to be at equal foot, thats the problem.

1 Like

Should you be Alliance and gank horde gankers?. Because we barely do world pvp so you will have nobody to gank :rofl::+1:.

4 Likes

Well this is just a false statement…

6 Likes

Probably but let’s be honest here where have you seen any Alliance ganker?.

1 Like

Zul’dazar, Voldun, Naz’mir, Jade Forest, Stormheim, Hellfire Peninsular, Icecrown, Shadowmoon Valley, Blasted Lands, Stranglethorn Vale, The Barrens (Both new version and vanilla) Silverpine, Arathi, Hillsbrad,

Actually, pretty much everywhere that isn’t a Sanctuary or Faction protected area?

2 Likes

Mechagon, Nazjatar, Vale and Uldum recently.

3 Likes

Indeed, both sides do exactly the same things in WM. There is no exception.

3 Likes

You made the right choice for you.

WM off that might be reportable. Though since blizz allow the npc to die, not sure why it would be reportable.

We may preemptively kill a potential ganker with maximum force. That’s just defending tho.

There’s a major difference, Horde are evil - they gank. Alliance are the good guys, we defend.

Heres what happens when you take a pinch of brainwashing, mix it with a sprinkle of propaganda and wash it down with a cocktail of gullibility.

6 Likes

When I play on my Horde alt, being ganked usually just means I’ve got so used to not being ganked that I’ve forgotten to keep an eye out for Alliance players.

1 Like

That’s exactly what evil Horde would say.
Everyone knows Horde are the gankers, read the forums Alliance!
Historically, Horde are in WPvP to gank.

Just out of curiosity, how much do you charge to scare kids at halloween?

3 Likes