About "Have an account in good standing"

In that case he can do it. Wasted money tho.

I agree! Also makes me less inclined to help him with grinding etc. because, what’s the point?

He also does it in FF14 as well and it drives me nuts. So much so that I moved server in that game without him.

My friend got a 6-month ban for botting in WoD like you, and he claims that because of that his account’s not in good standing. I doubt you’ll be able to be part of the new buddy system.

How long was your suspension for? I had a 3-day suspension years ago and my account’s still in good standing.

Dont see much a point of it, but ok.

Just a day, was for abusing a map clipping issue.

Well, at least we brough the conversation over the table. Won’t be a very big fix if they conditioned to a certain extra time, like 2 years since the last ban. Read that before and sounds far more reasonable that never again.

You should be fine then. I don’t know what the exact cut-off point is, but they don’t seem to be bothered with minor bans like that.

I was planning to participate in this, but back in vanilla I got an account warning because I got unsatisfied with GM waiting times (waited for 10 days) and therefore clipped into the Hyjal zone and changed my ticket to “I R IN TEH HAIAL ZOAN” after which I got a response within 5 minutes with a warning. I was 14 btw :stuck_out_tongue:

If that means I’m ineligible for this system, too friggin’ bad. I’d love to help people get into the game using my background as a high-end PvP’er followed by 5 years of mythic raiding and 3 of those years as a guild master but… well, if they don’t want me, whatever. I can live with that.

I understand is a small portion, but it’s the systems principle. Somebody else in this thread commented his account wasn’t in good standing position. After how many time? There’s a flaw there, that’s preventing some of their most veteran accounts to take part in some aspect of the game for a not-permabanned offense that happened i don’t know how many time. We age, we change. The system should be designed to redeem players, not punish them forever. I mean, if a ban is temporary is because is not a mayor offense. If you’re too toxic or bully someone you can be directly permabanned, so it’s not about that.

Is just a tweak in the design, to let everybody redeem itself after X time, or after X internal score. But a way to come back to normal. No temporary ban should have irredeemable consequences.

1 Like

Wtf are you smokingggggg

1 Like

Agreed.

To be fair though I haven’t actually checked if I am unable to participate, and I also can’t find any account action history anywhere. Don’t know where to look for it.

Can I hop on the PTR to check or how does this work?

Just because you can’t be part of the mentoring program doesn’t mean you can’t help people. Blizzard think your bad past will affect your ability to help. A lot of people want other people to know they are helping others, I think you fall into this category OP.

People who have been in jail cannot be on a jury for quite a number of years in the UK, 10 I think. Same kind of thing here.

1 Like

So as opposed to just refreshing your sub you create a whole new account? And you’ve done this multiple times?

I’d understand deleting an account if you felt you were never coming back and then creating a new one because you changed your mind after but this just sounds like a waste of money.

1 Like

You do not even need jail time just being arrested in UK means you can not do it for X amount of years.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, maybe there is a reason they need to come back on a new account?

When I did Jury duty recently they said a Jail term would stop you. I found my info on it and it says you can’t serve if you are on bail, had a 5 years jail sentence or served any part of a jail sentence or had a suspended sentence in the last 10 years or if you have been a drug addict in the last 10 years that has had rehabilitation.

Hence me saying you do not need jail time i do know else i would not have said it .

Yeah but being arrested doesn’t stop you serving, just convictions.

But this is one thing that’s not minor. Being arrested doesn’t mean you get convicted.

For claiming “No point in having one account” you come up with some pretty bad arguments for it.

There are several good reasons to stick with one account, and you are even mentioning it yourself: You can show previous experience if demanded.

“This is another account” is the most widely used excuse to hide lack of experience. Anyone can post a youtube-video and claim its theres.