About respec in TBC Classic (reset talents points, cost etc...)

In WoW Classic and The Burning Crusade, reset talents points is very annoying.

In fact in those era, Blizzard didn’t let players the possibility to respec as they want, dissuading them by rising the cost of respec each time they wanted to do so.

Many players hope that will change for WoW Classic Burning Crusade.

For example, it would be great to have respec cost that stay the same forever, and not too expensive.
Why not a cost between 1 and 5 gold. Why not less than 1 gold… ?

8 Likes

I tnink that reduction of respec cost from 50g woud solve meny of TBC leat game problems like lack of tanks for HC or kara as game progress but kinda higly doubt that it will happen

reducing the respec cost wont make more people play a tank, people dont play it if they dont enjoy it.

4 Likes

It’s a gold sink. If you want to play more than 1 role on a character you need to pay the cost. the philosophy behind it is that you choose a role and stick with it, it is a role playing game after all :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I like playing tank, but being stuck in tank spec is sometimes annoying.
Sometimes I want to go dps, go to pvp etc…

3 Likes

Dual spec and all your problems go away.

4 Likes

We’ll earn dozens more gold in TBC, 50g is nothing with the current inflation…
I see no problem with 50g respec :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Some players make 100-200golds/h in Classic. So, imagine in TBC.

It won’t be an issue at all if you take the time to farm golds.

Don’t panic before actually play the game and try a bit.

For me its actually the opposite, why cap it at 50 gold why not double it every time

2 Likes

Certain things need to be annoying in a MMORPG, otherwise the senses of identity, immersion, meaning of choice and exclusivity disappears from the game and it becomes this boring, easy, meaningless click-a-button simulator like in retail.
For instance: I find it “annoying” to travel to a dungeon for 15 minutes, taking a flight from IF to EPL and running through a hundred gargoyles and slimes in plaguewood. Do they need to implement instant dungeon teleports to classic? No.

The same goes for your question. It’s a big, hard NO.
You want to tank in the morning and then pvp in the afternoon? Pay up that 50g, simple as that.

6 Likes

this is false.

3 Likes

It’s not. In retail you can change spec whenever you want, yet you always find tank and healer last. Even though you just need one of each and 3 dps.

3 Likes

Yep, this is usually down to several reasons really.

1. Always getting blamed for the mistakes.
  2. Only 2 raid spots for tanks, so you’re obviously gonna gear your dps / main dps instead.
  3. People don’t want harder responsibility(Tank = lead group basically)

There’s more, but they’re some of the reasons why I don’t tend to like tanking(retail when I played)/healing pugs at least.

First of all this makes no sense, in the game we have a total of 6 Tank Spec 6 Healer Spec and 24 DPS Spec, yes i am taking Retail data because it is apply to classic and tbc in the same way.
So we have a ratio of 1:1:4 and thus the population if obviously spreading according to this ratio.

Not taking in consideration that usually DPS spec are the most sought, so more people play DPS spec even for epeen reasons, and as a matter of fact DPS are infamous to be the bad players that cannot DPS or ninja pull as commonplace.
Hence the issue, since playing Tank or Healer can be stressful since you have to pull, cc with the risk of having 3 bonobos in party that cannot playing properly.

And this have completely no links with respec or dual spec, since you can farm as Tank on Retail or as Healer and respec cost 0 and you have already a dual spec basically.

Meanwhile on Classic/TBC having a dual spec will make Tank/Healer be able to farm with their own char instead of the chore to levelling a Mage or a Prot Pala to do only that or even worse buying gold.
Plus since there will be Arenas and BG will be a huge source of gear for alts early, you will be able to switch from PvE to PvP spec, enabling people to actually enjoyin even that part of game.

Or if you are a DPS you can switch to Tank and Healer to hard reserve a dps item from a dungeon due to the fact you are playing the rarest role according to you and retail.

How dual spec should be implemented is a different topic and clearly not like retail.

1 Like

Doesn’t really matter if it ‘make sense’ or not does it? Having the option to Respec nillywilly will not make everyone a tank/healer does it?

Having the possibility to dual spec doesnt mean that 100% of players will dual spec.
It will just make people that could use it to play more or enjoy better the game, do it.

Alfredsson doesn’t care about dual spec and he will stick with his spec all TBC? Fantastic.

Random Warrior that is the main tank of a Guild want to do some Arena/BG before going to Kara/SSC? Switch spec and relieve stress.

Janna the disci priest need to farm scryer rep? Switch to shadow and throw some dots girl.

Pretty simple.

4 Likes

Yeah because the random warrior tank can’t Respec after the raid (say Monday) and play bgs/arena/farm whatever, and the spec tank 5mins before the raid invite the next Monday.
And of course the poor healer who cant kill a mob as disc with healing gear, but will reck everything with shadowform in his healing gear. Or does he have a full set of DPS gear that don’t work in his disc spec?

1. Going everytime to the trainer and spend increasing gold fee which is time consuming.**
  2. You are not allowed nor have any right to tell other people how to play, if an healer want to respec shadow and going full dps, he can.

** this point doesnt mean that dual spec should be free.

2 Likes

It does. The price goes up to a maximum of 50g.

Because 50g isn’t expensive in a world where you have daily quests. If you don’t want to make gold, you cannot respec, its as simple as that. You want something from the game, you have to spend time in the game to earn it. That’s how classic works.

Getting loot from raids is time consuming as well. Your point being…?

Sorry but this is a well though conversation, there is reddit for sh1tposting.

Nobody is forcing you to reply if you have nothing to say, the post counter doesnt award prizes.

3 Likes