About respec in TBC Classic (reset talents points, cost etc...)

I asked you a question in a calm and civilized manner.

In no way does that constitute “sh1tposting”.

No you didnt ask anything, you literally wrote a dumb reply that makes no sense and lowers the IQ in the entire thread just for the sake of derailing the convo.

4 Likes

TIME CONSUMING??, in WOW?

Yes, not everybody have no chores or irl obligations like me and you 2 that are here posting on a forum at 10 am instead of working.
The target isnt no longer the 16y old but the 25-30 y old so anything that can detour all the little time sink into anything else like raiding/pvp/farming is nice.

So instead of going back and forth spending 50g, they can borrow the wotlk dual spec, making you spend 1000g to unlock the second tree, which is a nice gold sink, and retain the 50g respec fee if you respec any tree.

4 Likes

Dual spec got scrapped after 2 expansions becit doesn’t work.
It works fine for pure DPS classes. But in any semi casual guild all 3 tanks will have a pve DPS offspec because not every encounter require 3 tanks. So they don’t have a PvP spec and can’t do arena. Some healers will have to have a pve DPS spec, same reason as tanks, and they can’t have a healing or DPS PvP spec.
Most warriors will have a tank OS for the occasional 4th tank or 2nd karazhan/za group, no pvp spec for them either. And of course the druid with 4 different specs for pve and 3 for pvp.
And FYI, I’m on my break at work, I work 40h week and I have a 8months old baby and a wife. I raid once a week and play about 1h every weekday and 4+ on weekends.
You can still be a casual Boomer and be against implementation of QoL shiet that wasn’t in the game.

This is blatantly false since we have dual spec in retail.
If dual spec doesnt work, how so we have it as baseline system in the game?

You can LITERALLY change spec when you want and it even swap the gear.
The only limit is that you have to respec anything related to that spec like conduits in SL, Azerite in BFA and artifact socket in Legion

Which ironically was behind a fee.

3 Likes

Only true for a few.
Other’s like me play all kinda roles, dps/tank/healer.
I for one would play multiple roles if dual talent was a thing.

the gold is obviously a barrier for poor folks (like me) but the inconvenience of respeccing is a bigger issue.

2 Likes

No, true for most.

Because Retail has free, easily usable respecs, and adaptive gear, and 3 more classes that can tank.

And guess what? Even with all that, tanks are still the bottleneck.

False claming, can you stop for a second to generalize your own pov?

It has already been explained why tank and healer are the less played role.

And isn’t for this wonky dual spec tinfoil idea.

2 Likes

In retail you also get kicked as tank if the rest feels you took 1 extra mob to kill on the route to the boss.

It is also a part of the toxic environment people want to play dps, even then you get shat upon but less then as tank/healer

Still, me and my buddies are versitile with playing what is needed, but we need dual talent to do it effective

2 Likes

In retail you don’t have dual spec, dual (meaning two) spec was removed in mop when they scraped the talentrees and let everyone change every talent how ever they wanted.

If you don’t have time, why are you playing the most time consuming version of the game ?
In fact, i have more time now than when i had 16y old. And yes, i work + wife as an adult i can freely manage my time. It’s not my parents who are doing it for me anymore.

How can this be an argument ?
Then let’s bring LFG/LFR because some players may not have time to search group or raid.
Let’s put an unlimited boost because some players don’t have time to level

They gave us Classic and you knew ahead that’s the most time consuming version but you want to change to YOUR needs ?

You said it. Dual spec = WOTLK. It’ll happen, don’t worry.
Why should it be the same price as WOTLK ? If they put dual spec for some reason in TBC it should be at least 5k golds then “nerf it” in WOTLK to 1k.

it is the same stuff, if you can swap talent is basically a dual spec, you can arguing with all the Ackchyually you want that is a tri-quad spec

At the end of the day you can swap spec/talents when you want without going to any trainer, and the game works without any issue regarding this, and it is like that since Legion.

1 Like

This is a nice question, why people play game if they don’t have time? WoW really requires to be online 24h each day to be enjoyable? 10h? Raid Logging? Just hopping inside and do 30 arena? Who knows it is subjective.

Bringing LFG/LFR is plain dumb and is even a dumber comparison, I have no idea why on this forum people cannot have better thoughts that “dual spec = LFR” the game itself is a LFR, oh wow pre nerf raid? Give me a break there are more mechanics in SL world quests.

Having a Dual Spec doesn’t make the game easier, makes the game more enjoyable.

Lmao Classic time consuming? You just get WB and raid logs, how can be time consuming.
Time consuming is retail where you have to farm stuff over and over to get better loots, in TBC and Classic nothing is truly time consuming you do raid 1 day per week and gg

2 Likes

Even 5k is fine, Dual Spec should be a like a “vanity” item like the drake mount something particular that you worked, in this case maybe hoarding 5k to buy it.

And it is fine

If it’s designed that way it’s fine and i (and probably some others) won’t complain.
It still “respect” the Classic mentality.

Maybe adding a 4h cooldown to make it “perfect”.

As someone who have spent around 8k gold on respecs in classic between 2 chars I would say 1k per char would be a pretty terrible gold sink. If dual spec with a tree respec cost was a thing in classic I would probably have spent around 2.1k…

50g per respec is cheap enough as it is.

Surely
The changes are fine if still are fitting the classic/tbc mentality.

Free Dual Spec like Retail? No.

In retail you have free Respec that’s not the same as dualspec, stop trying to argue it’s the same.
It’s been like that since MoP, it was not a legion thing.
And yeah, it’s fine in retail, where the game is designed around it, plenty of things are in retail and have been for many many years.
This does not mean it would be good to have in tbc.

The thing is that TBC is designed around a single spec. Dual spec or all spec combinations rebalances the game in several ways.

1. less gold sinks even more screwed up economy
  2. less class / spec and player identity. If you introduce multispec swapping on the fly people will expect you to have spec x wich they deem the most beneficial at that point, regardless if you want to play that spec or not.
  3. loot distribution. While loot has increased dramaticly in tbc compared to vanilla with badges heroics and 10-25 instead of 20-40 man raids, its not that everyone will have the time or bagspace for multiple sets. eg Paladin tank. You will need your regular set, a frost resistance set, a nature resistance set, a dps set a healing set and a pvp set. With 4 harris pilton bags that means you will have everything but 2 spaces locked with gear. You can’t bring any consumable then nor your mounts, hs etc.

TBC isn’t Designed for or around dual or multispecs. Wait for WOTLK that way you actually have still something to look forwards too.

2 Likes