About the inability to post links

This seems such a small and insignificant change I might overreact it.

But the world is going crazy I’m pretty sure about that. And this isn’t happening rapidly, but with minor and insignificant changes. While we can rationalize every single little change “for a degree” if we never put down our feet we can easily end up in a place we no longer recognize.

Yes, I might overreact this. Or maybe this is just the final drop in a glass that is already almost full.

This leash control that Blizzard likes to have over every aspect of the game and apparently nowadays over the forum as well is probably just a little too tight for my taste.

The only system I can compare it to is like when we take on new raiders. To start with they are a trial. They get less rights and access compared to a fully fledged raider. Because they have not yet earnt their place in the team.

1 Like

Not being able to post links is the forum and the games loss. Tough. They don’t want us to do so then I dont bother even trying. Like I say, their loss. I’ve given up caring cus they obviously don’t. So funny… For years and years I was able to post links and then not… So what does that tell you about this game.

It tells you they listened to feedback about their own forums being too old and limited and they upgraded to a new system that does more and is more modern.

Features such as notification when someone replies to you/quotes you/likes you, the ability to like, the ability to use emojis, a trust sytem that rewards regular posters who are active, profiles with an option to keep that data hidden. The ability to post links to trusted sites and later the ability to post links to most sites. Previews appear with the links and sites like youtube etc you don’t even have to leave the forums to watch whatever someone has linked.

The ability to post any url when you are lacking the relevant trust level also exists as a non clickable link using </>.

Clearly a terrible act by Blizzard, how dare they :open_mouth:

2 Likes

On my Samsung it is still clickable in that format…

2 Likes

Even better!!!

1 Like

It’s a sad day when trust has to be earned. It is just another system of gating which this company just loves. I am a player of 11 years and I post on my new character as I level as the queries are more related to that char and links to the armory ( whenever they can be bothered to update it ) SO… if I want to link to something relevant to my query I cannot. And why … ‘CUS THEY DONT TRUST ME’. Guilty till proven innocent . So now I have to WORK the forum like the game just to get what you got no doubt… Give me a break.

Not worth the time and trouble I got better things I can be doing than spend a lifetime on the forums just to earn trust. The idea stinks sorry.

PS The forums were not broke before the change. I didn’t see any massive amount of abuse. All its done is give some that post here entitlement beyond their worth. And we can generally tell by their colour. We are not worthy. I get it.

I really don’t get the over reaction. It’s not a mini game. It’s a passive, as you use the forums you gain trust level, if you are inactive you lose trust level.

On the old forums links didn’t work in the same way, there was no preview, there was no ability to post a gif, youtube vid etc. You can still post links too, all you do is type it in, highlight it and press </> button. I cannot fathom this outrage to something that has not been taken away. I get that not everyone understand it’s possible to do. I didn’t know either to start with.

4 Likes

I can post links just fine.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/trust

They aren’t the clickable kind but copy&paste are your friends here.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.