Account restricted

I am playing on my Warlock and have reached level 50 since creating my account 14 days ago. However, I am now quite stuck because there are 2 runes I cannot get without buying items and 1 which is very hard. For a Soul Vessel I need Black Virtriol (Mining), for Grizzby I need Turbochargers (Engineering) and for Backdraft I need Worldcore Fragment. Do I really have to wait another 14 days to be able to get these runes? I would like to be able to try Sunken Temple too but I can’t buy consumables either.

1 Like

It’s correct that the info there has not been amended yet.

The developer here has stated it is an experimental change *to combat botters as many in the Classic community requested action to be taken:

Until they deem to keep the restriction, permanent such information is not reflected elsewhere yet.

The restriction remains active for 30 paid days for SOD and Classic Era, if it has been past this time for anyone please logout for 12+ hours.

This section (Content) refers to World of Warcraft, and not WoW Classic. For more information, please read the FAQ as well as the post shared by Saneko.

1 Like

Game is unplayable for new players. i am done. see you later after 30 days. Thanks for experience, blizz!

1 Like

Still not fixed on Classic Era - Firemaw for me.
Will i have to wait the full 20 days remaining ???

30 full days yes as the developer’s post said: This is intended for both Classic Era and SOD.

Yet, there is no information AT ALL upon buying subscription for WoW Classic that the account (if new) will be placed under any kind of restriction…

I bought 1 month subscription on the 28th of march and was able to use all the now affected services in game. Then, like lightning from the sky I can no longer use auction house, trading etc.

This can for sure not be in any way legal and I will do anything in my power if it shows no to be legal to have you pay for this.

1 Like

Then that page you link needs to be changed as it’s out of date. Blizzard should have gotten ready to put this change in place before they restricted the game. Is it actually anywhere except a forum post, as I can’t find it, as most players do not read the forums.

Bad form from Blizzard.

No caveat on that tick.

Oh and the FAQs on that same page say there are no restrictions on Classic when you buy a subscription or game time on a new account or one that last had time before 2017.

Since this change has probably been in the works for a while then it should have been mentioned to alter the website by someone at least, which the managers probably ignored.

10 Likes

Nothing has been ignored so far Dottie, which is why we (Customer Support, and the developers) have been communicating with you. If you’d like more information on what happened, and why, I would encourage you to read Fwoibles’ response, as it directly addresses your different points.

1 Like

I wonder if the ASA (advertising standards agency) would be interested.

After all, they are advertising no restrictions, then imposing restrictions, and they have had more than sufficient time to update the website, to accurately reflect things.

1 Like

Aye, I wonder this too.

Blizzard are entitled to add these restrictions if they do wish but the way it’s been done does not seem right.

There should of been notice of these new restrictions coming into effect at least 30 days prior and pages should of been updated to inform players of this before they parted with their money.

Instead, players paid a sub played for several days, then got hammered with these restrictions without any notice. There were no communication from blizzard about it until days after people flocked to the forums trying to find out what was going on.

And even after that people were being told incorrect info, it not for classic, oh it is for classic, it’s a bug just log out for 12 hours and so on.

This whole thing is a complete joke.

5 Likes

Yet at the same time you keep paying normal customers in the dark, when they make the purchase. Still a bad move.

3 Likes

As I said, it’s only been via the forums, which a small minority of players read them, I only remember seeing it elsewhere when people have complained about it, and Blizzard have had what, about two weeks to change the website?

I thought something like this would at least get a pinned post, maybe even altering the shop page and the FAQs to mention it. Blizzard may not see it as a big change but to new players or old returning players it will be a shock. It’s not even in the support articles.

Sorry, but it doesn’t say why nothing was posted anywhere AFTER the change was done, except when someone complained on social media, even then it was only on social media, nowhere else, except the forums, and even then only when people complained.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [SoD] Restricted from trading, AH, mail

A post was merged into an existing topic: [SoD] Restricted from trading, AH, mail

As our developers have explained in their response, this change is currently being tested, so if you have any feedback about this system, which is understandable, please do post it in this megathread.

I tried to make a complaint in a ticket but that was deleted, probably because I insulted the person who came up with the idea and Blizzard as a company.

Just like the post that got me a day ban here.

6 Likes

Jesus what an epic show…

First off takes serval days just to to get a confirmation it was implanted in the first place without people knowing about it and you except us just to be quit about this i bet if people hadnt starting making post about it here on the forums you guys wouldnt have acknowledged it. Then say “Its not intened for Wow classic” but then 1day later make new post linking to this us blue post were it says it is indeed to be restricted on classic. Like i said before you cant have any communcation between eachother.

I really hope as many people as possible will refund those that can atleast because of your refund policys so your company realises this is not how you handle/treat your customers.

4 Likes

Why do you say nothing has been ignored,
initially you told us on this forum this was not intended for WOW CLASSIC ERA and they were working on a hotfix for wow-classic-era, than someone posted a link to the US forums where a developer said IT WAS intended and on purpose so people where in the dark during the implementation.

Yet, when you buy a subscription still on this day it clearly advertises FULL SOCIAL FEATURES ACCESS as shown in a post above.

But for somekind of reason i’m still not able to do anything in the auction house, trade or use in game mail.

it’s a real shame a company treats his customers like this.
And if you ask me even the forum support guys weren’t informed on this, as i repeat, you said yourself it was not intended for WOW CLASSIC ERA and than changed direction when the US Forums said it WAS REALLY INTENDED.

I’m really dissapointed and pissed about how all of this went down.

7 Likes