Account restricted

my account got restricted after the patch for no reason ? I can’t use ah, or mail, I did not use any bot I only started playing a month ago, liked the game, bought a 6 months sub and this? how do I fix this

7 Likes

That’s a bit odd - that’s the message you usually get when you have no sub. It’s free until level 20. I would suggest you go to https://account.battle.net/overview, log in and check that your sub is attached to your account (under subscriptions and game time) and when it runs out. If the payment hasn’t gone through, you’ll need to check with your bank.
(Love your moustache :smiley: )

I have the same problem! Cant find a solution…

Blizzard do not restrict the game, you either can play or you can’t. There are reports in the classic forums of people having problems with mail and the AH, personally I think it’s addons.

I have checked a bit further and did you get an email from Blizzard saying they have restricted your account? Check your spam folder.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/that-action-is-currently-restricted/505510/17

It’s free to play until level 20. The player has reached 21 and is now restricted … ie restricted to things you can do with no payment … which also implies the payment hasn’t gone through properly. So far as I can see from the OP they can still log in so it’s not a ban etc.

1 Like

I have the same issue. No email from Blizz. Still happens when interface/WTF/Cache folders have been cleared. Has been happening for over 24 hours now. Can receive trades, but unable to trade anything back or send mail or use the AH. Doing so closes the active trade/AH window and errors ‘This action is currently restricted’

Except the OP is posting on a Classic character and you cannot play that without a subscription.

Have you opened a ticket and checked your spam email folder?

Ah, sorry. I didn’t realise it was classic.

Nothing in the spam folder. Ticket has been opened with no response for almost 24 hours. Others have reported that even when their ticket gets answered it’s a bot response about TOS and you have to escalate only to have to wait again - Yet others have been able to log out for 15 mins/overnight for it to start working again.

This was actually responded to by Aggrend via twitter (See this forum post ) However this ‘fix’ doesn’t work for everyone. This is effecting lots of users across all of SOD, HC and Era and we’ve had no word from anyone via official channels, and some people are being actively told it’s their own fault via tickets with an automated response vaguely saying they broke TOS. It’s absolutely ridiculous to be radio silent on this during a launch week.

I just got this reply from Blizz -

Howdy

First off, sorry you’re dealing with this hiccup – I know it can be a bit of a bummer. Unfortunately, us folks at Customer Support can’t directly fix these mechanics-related issues, but we’re here to help guide you through a possible solution!

For some players logging out for a full day has been fixing this issue, there was a fix rolled out. If you haven’t signed out of the game for at least 12 hours please do so, then report a bug if it continues.

If that doesn’t do the trick or if you stumble upon any more bugs, we recommend filing a Bug Report. It might not give you an instant fix, but it sends crucial info about your character and the situation to the Development and Quality Assurance Teams. They’ll dive into it and work on resolving any issues if they find something off. Here’s the link to submit a Bug Report: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/15043

So it looks like they’ve confirmed it’s an issue on their end - But it’s not going to be a simple fix for those of us logging out for X period of time doesn’t work for.

I still have the same Issue, I have had an auto response regarding TOS as well.

I have been not breaking any rules ever in my life and I have never recieved any penalty mail or suspension ( I shouldn’t get one anyway )

Can we please help us manually fix our account restrictions.

I cannot progress further into the game and I don’t want to miss my raids.

Having no bag space and not being able to trade is really rough right now.

Do you suggest we wait until next patch logged out?

I really wish to get manual support as I have been restricted since 48h now? Cant even count the time anymore I lost track :frowning:

1 Like

Hi ,

I’m having the same issues, opened a ticket and got the same reply.
I’ve tried to wait 12 hours but it didn’t work for me so i submitted a bug report. I’m a relatively a new player and i wouldn’t know how to cheat the game even if i wanted to… very frustrating :frowning:

Edit: New official response dropped see post below; Account restricted - #17 by Yryadorne

I would also say delete your cache folder, just in case.

Many people across SOD/Era/HC are being effected by being unable to trade, mail or use the auction house. When attempting to do so they are receiving the error ‘This action is currently restricted’.

Tickets are receiving varied results:

From being told it is the users fault for breaking TOS:

To being told that this is an error and logging out for 12 hours should fix it:

To being told that this is a new system and we should be able to do these things after 30 days of gametime.

Personally I have tried logging out for over 12 hours, along with clearing Interface/WTF/Cache folders to no avail. At this time I (and many others) have submitted bug reports with no official update from Blizzard (aside from the multiple different responses) . Please can we get some insight as to what is happening as currently we’re being told multiple things with no sign of resolution.

For those of you that are still experiencing this issue, please continue to raise bug reports by using the ‘?’ in game and submitting a bug report, along with commenting on this thread so that it can be highlighted to Blizz.

Thank you

Edit for formatting

2 Likes

I have a similar problem. 3 days.
The answers of the support service are upsetting. It’s like we have to figure out the solution to the problem ourselves…

1 Like

Hey all, and sorry for the confusion.

We currently have a restriction on new accounts playing Season of Discovery, similar to the purchase of WoW tokens.

This means that if this is your first time adding game time on your WoW account (and if the game time was added recently), you will not be able to trade with other players, use the auction house or in-game mails.

Once this period of 30 days has ended, the restrictions will be lifted automatically. If you’re still seeing restrictions after that however, you will need to log out of your account for at least 12 hours.

Hope this clear things up. :pray:

Edit: Thank you to the players who reported seeing the restrictions after following the above instructions. This has been forwarded to our developers.

8 Likes

Hey Yryadorne,

do you mean you just put the restrictions up since I was able to trade with others and the AH just a few days ago. I started playing WoW 2 weeks ago. It is my first time ever playing this game and I am so frustrated about the current situation. Neither I do understand how a billion dollar game cant manage to fix things neither answer to support tickets normally… How is this a thing in 2024?

11 Likes

im paid account 2 weeks ago, I could trade without problems, and after an overnight restart in the morning everything broke

2 Likes

24 Feb 2024 World of Warcraft® Subscription - 1 Month|€12.99 Complete Order #EU744906057
28 Mar 2024 World of Warcraft® Subscription - 1 Month €12.99 Complete Order #EU752109775
I am a new account?? 30+ days playing with AH, trade, mail and suddenly all restricted.
I’m not going to renew

7 Likes