Accountwide essences pls

Well, now we know how to get a blues attention.
Honestly, until you guys start actually talking to the community about this issue (Ions, “we know it’s a problem, but we’re not going to change it because reasons” is quite insufficient an explanation), I fully support annoying you with extra threads.

C’mon, guys, I remember when you used to treat us like a community of people, not a bunch of expendable resources for you to milk numbers from. T.T

I’ve met almost nobody who likes the system. I’m not sure why anybody would. Also, I don’t think subs are where there money comes from, rather it’s from whales.

1 Like

It depends in what content you engage. In mythic+ or raidin you wont find these players. They are mostly solo players what engage in nothing but lfr and world content.

youre literally the only one on this right now being opposed to it. Idk man just do the math

I did and Blizzard clearly sees it same as they are not giving you accwide essences.

who cares go do your dailies and dont annoy us troll

2 Likes

so you did the math and saw that out of like a 100 people your the only one asking, on your level 16 priest in classic? Yes blizzard agrees, that doesnt mean its a good decision. If someone decided they would add heirlooms to classic youd probably disagree. Blizzard said so, so it must be the right decision. The customer is always right.

I would play a lot more M+ as different roles / classes and spend way more time on wow / money than i do currently to just run M+ / raids on HC / mythic level.

Yet the silly essence farm has made me go: nah lets just do the 1 character and MAYBE come back for Shadowlands.

Final patch of the game should be about bringing players back from retirement because a new xpac looks promising, not make people quit because they cant get over the fact certain systems need a better catch up system or just need to be made easier to acquire.

The fact blizzard isnt doing anything yet (i do believe for sure we will get a major essence overhaul within the next month or 2) is just a bad move and is costing them more customers than they are gaining atm.

Just look at the legendary cloak from Wrathion, how many changes have they made since its introduction?
Caps removed / lowered the amount of runs, bla bla bla.

All under the name of: we want it a lot easier to be acquired and more engaging for people to upgrade their cloak instead of the arbitrary grind.
This logic will soon carry over to essences.

7 Likes

Out of 100? Do you realize that majority of players do not come on forums like at all becouse they propably dont have problem with essences not being accwide? People tend post on forumsonly when there is something they dont like but possitive feedback is never posted here. If most people would have problem with essences you would see players quiting game or far far more posts on forum about it. Non of this is happening. Most people just happily play game thats why Blizzard is not changing it. All that negattive feedback is from minority and Blizz will definitly not make changes based on it.

I think most would appreciate account wide essences. The current system isn’t very friendly to alts. However Blizz don’t seem to want to back down from their stance. Nobody here knows what the majority or minority is but I personally get the impression many would like it.

12 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m really bored about this issue and Blizzard still not taking any action… this kind of posts are everywhere, everyone complaining because we can’t play our alts.
There are many person, they are working, studying, etc. but Blizzard isn’t thinking that way… it seems they are only worrying about no life people.
We are not robots or something else… I mean who can grind all those essences they need???
I can’t play any alt because I’m working and I’m playing maximum 4hrs each day. If this system keep going like that, probably I’ll quit the game.

5 Likes

Nope, not everyone. Full time job, still enjoying the game as it is with approx 14 alts.

1 Like

Nothing really prevents you from grabbing essences you need on your alts. Literally. Not to mention you know exactly what you need to do in order to obtain them, far less painful than getting a gear and hoping for RNG drop. And miles easier than legion legendaries.

You also don’t need to get all of them, just 4-6 you actually need.

1 Like

You’re gonna get people that will say they don’t mind but they do.

I hate the essence system. I have to grind exalted with Uldum accord on multiple toons for my rank 4, forced in to rated PvP and island expiditions and mythic +

Blizzard honestly need to let us play the game how we want rather than forced to do content we don’t want to do.

3 Likes

To get those rank 3 Essences you need on all your alts is an unrealistic task. They are layered on long timegatings and timeconsuming reputation grinds which no one wants to do more than once.

Sure you can get them but it will take days of farming every week for a few months, which only the unemployed people can do. Some essences are also obtainable only in The Eternal Palace, which few do these days other than limited mythic raids, and these only kill the first 4 bosses. By the time we who have an every day life get essences on all our alts we would like to play, Shadowlands will have released and we would be completely burnt out from these grinds.

I would be fine to do it on alts if the requirements to unlock them were greatly reduced, for example: Instead of having to reach Revered with the faction in Naz’jatar to unlock one rank 3 essence, it can be reduced to Honored. The achievement to get rank 3 Lucid Dreams down to a reasonable number instead of 4800 follower experience.

The developers probably assumes that we will not have anything to do if essences become accountwide. Which is not true, we who have unlocked our best essences on our mains already got plenty of things to do every day and week: Daily emissary reward, Island Expeditions for those that still need that, Jaina Mythic mount runs, Ny’alotha normal/heroic/mythic, Horrific visions to upgrade our cloak, Lesser visions to get more of the currencies to buy Vessels, infected zones in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms, and last but not least Mythic+. This can be extended to almost an unlimited degree if alts have accountwide essences.

At the end of the day to obtain the essences you need at rank 3 once is fine, perhaps even twice, but on 5 or more alts? No.

4 Likes

what.why ?

to have it r from removed from game in shadowlands

1 Like

Make accountwide corruption pls

Now that would’ve been a proper visions of N’Zoth patch.

And the sad thing about all this is that some might just quit because “hey i did everything in this patch. Alts for BFA aren’t a thing, so i’ll just go play something else until the pre-patch”.
I’m saying people don’t even have to get fed up or ragequit. They’ll just naturally gravitate away from the game because there is no point in playing for more than an hour.
The only people i can see staying around for the longterm are collectors and socials who get fun out of just spamming old content with friends.