Actions Taken to Address Exploitative Gameplay

It took just one working day to ban the most part of it. It makes you think.

2 Likes

how is it uneducated? hitting 5 instances an hour isnt hard doing it for 6 hours is doable but boring so most people dont, hence the comment of normal players, you want to spend you time farming gold go for it, but as i said to someone else there are better farming sims out there to play than DM

First of all its the principle that a lot legit players get hit by this and get punished. Also I personally would have hitten this loads of times. An example is farming hardcore dungeons with some friends using overpriced headsets in the weekend after a week of work and no time to play. The liberty to do things when you want to do them is great, and a charm of classic.

Other things are:

SGC farming
DMT or DME Solo farms
Jed Farm
AoE grinding
And lots of other small things that are less obvious

7 Likes

if you are truly farming a dungeon at max level, i dont mean selling boosts in SM, chances are you are not hitting the 5 runs an hour, you will normally do 2-3 runs an hour if you are fast in them, meaning you will take 10-12 hours of play to hit the lock out.

if you are doing a jump farm on a mage even before the 30 instance lock you would need to farm it for 6 hours, as the 5 per hour lock has always been there, to have done it 30 times if you are doing this then good on you but again i say most normal players wouldn’t spend 6 hours farming a dungeon to hit the lock out

1 Like

Ot’s not that people do 30 a day. It’s that it was lazy and DID NOT fox the issue. Also if you have multiple characters and use them to farm legitimate gold I can see how you will hit 30 a day.

i fully agree it was a lazy “fix” on blizzards part as i said in an earlier post they literally took an april fools joke and used it to fight the bot problem

2 Likes

Glad to see this , maybe create a realm for multiboxers only so that normal players don’t have to deal with it.

3 Likes

Not true. It was introduced shortly after dire maul was released back in vanilla because players and gold sellers were resetting it dozens of times per hour to farm easy to get chests and books.

Some farms take significantly less than 12 minutes, and you can reach 30 dungeons in much less than 4 hours /played. That can be spread out over friday night and saturday morning.

Once again, uneducated. Not everyone plays at casual efficiency, and it’s also just partly on point.

That these blue posts have been the most viewed and replied to threats in classic wow if you take the times they were up into accordance, and consider that 95% of the replies are negative should ring some bells for you.

Please go read them.

Really glad to see this kind of communication! keep it up! please address the backlash on instance lockout as well, i think a lot of people are waiting for you guys to come back to us on that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

so in terms of the game, unless you want to be that pedantic, you are claiming that a change that has been there nearly 15 years hasn’t always been there?

i know that some farms take 10-15min and people weren’t complaining that the change that was put in after the original DM was in place on the classic servers so 30 runs today or 30 runs 5 years ago could still have taken 6 hours when there was no limit on the max per day

Great, honestly.

I could complain about how part of this post is a PR piece, and likely lies. (You didn’t “gather” evidence for 74k accounts over months. The accuracy with which ALL the bots were banned from Strat/Temple makes it clear it was pretty automated and likely detection based. Which is smart, so yeah… lying about what Blizzard have been doing for months isn’t great.)

But honestly, just glad it’s finally done.

Now, the bigger question is, why do we have a 30 instance cap now? If the bots were banned, as cleanly as they appear to have been, this cap now only affects real players. And I had someone suggest it would stay because “Bots would come back”. The issue with that logic, is it means Blizzard implementing and keeping the 30 instance cap is an open admission that you can’t actually fix the problem.

The 30 instance cap is ONLY needed, if Blizzard are not able to consistently ban bots. If that’s the case, then this banwave is pointless. It should be pretty obvious by now that the claims of “Blizzard could easily do something about this, but aren’t” for months were accurate. You can easily keep bots becoming this rampant again, and needing a 30 instance cap limit.

Now the question is, will you? Is this a PR move to stop all the building outrage, and you still don’t care and will let bots get bad again, or do Blizzard actually care about removing bots. Because if that’s the case, the instance cap is even more useless, and needs removing.

8 Likes

3 BRD arena runs per hour, sure.
Ok.
Whatever you say :^) :clown_face:

1 Like

10 minutes would be a super slow stockade run, 15 is getting close to what a appropriate level spellcleave group can do.

sorry i forgot it was hard core to stockpile gold at that rate anyone else that doesn’t is casual, guess the bots are the most hardcore players out there then

don’t be so butt hurt that you actually have to do things other than sit in DM pretending your being social so you can laugh at the lack of social aspect on retail as you are playing the much more social farming sim of classic.

the reason i play classic over retail as i don’t want to spend my time in game doing the same thing over and over every day, you know like running the same 30 instances a day, if i wanted to do that i would do M+ on retail and keep doing the same ones over and over and that would be more social than sitting in DM AoEing flowers for 6 hours

2 Likes

you can hit the lock on arena runs but that’s not BRD runs that’s farming 1-3 bosses and again, doing that for 6 hours? i think i would rather not

Your reasons are not others their reasons to play this game. This measure limits people, and alot of people playing classic like freedom. Also the freedom to play the game for reasons they like, and not just that you like.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. Those of us with a 5 digit stockpile of gold, and all the mats for consumables and enchants we’ll ever need don’t have to do anything. We just want to play the game in our own way, which was perfectly acceptable by blizzard until yesterday.

1 Like

Just because you don’t wanna do that doesn’t mean other legit players doesn’t want to.
Some people want to do the R14 grind, some don’t.
Some want to fish for hours upon hours, some don’t.
Some want to grind dungeons all day, some don’t.
Just because YOU wouldn’t wanna play that way doesn’t mean it isn’t a legitimate way to play the game. :man_shrugging:

oh no you have over 10k gold, and yet i still manage to have everything i need to raid and do dungeons without sitting looking at flowers for 6 hours a day