Actions to Reduce Disruption

We’ve seen reports that on some realms, players appear to be disrupting those who are working on the Green Scepter Shard portion of the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline. Specifically, by bringing uninvolved and low-level characters to engage with a required enemy and buff its stats/abilities.

As we did in original WoW, Blizzard Customer Support is going to take action on players who participate in such griefing, which could include the suspension of the player’s account.

It’s important to note that the key factor here is the presence or absence of a PvP solution. Players who are doing the quest cannot stop same-faction players (or a Normal realm, any players) from running into a boss that has a mechanic that amplifies the boss from that behavior.

Thanks to those who brought this to our attention.

7 Likes

Thank you, though do take care not to ban/punish innocent druids trying to go to Moonglade and unknowingly interfering with the event there.

Are you going to take any action against the massive amounts of collusion taking place also with guilds of opposite factions teaming up to make sure no one else can even attempt to do the quest line using things like Mind control to stop a member of the opposite faction from being killed and getting someone else to heal them to full and alerting other members of the opposite faction to come and gank players.

Perhaps that might be why players are trying to disrupt these players in the first place.

19 Likes

no ally has been banned for getting wcb yet. they dont care about cross faction collusion due to the amount of subs they gain

1 Like

pretty sure collusion between factions is suppose to be strictly prohibited by the way.

as it is now everyone is doing it because blizzard doesn’t uphold their ToS.
@Kaivax

4 Likes

How about you take action against guilds colluding and guilds mass reporting other guilds’ scarab lord candidates/pvpers to get them auto banned by abusing the automation?

Can we start seeing thousands of cheaters being banned right and left please?

8 Likes

Make Scarab Lord quest chain doable after the 10 hours war event, for 1 more month. This is the only thing that can prevent griefing. Otherwise, you’ll see some cheaters using cross faction collusion to prevent others guilds to have it, because they know they can abuse the ticket system (time to have GM take action is not instant). There’s lot of case in Reddit and forums, it’s a shame. Vanilla was not like that, but players mentality in Classic is horrible. Phase 2 and Phase 5 revealed the horrible toxicity of everyone.

Also, even if some players grief your quest, the time GM take action on theses players, the gate are already open. Solve nothing.

GMs doesn’t do anything to other players when you try to report someone via a ticket. They only refer you to the right-click report system (which is fully automated until the point where a punished player appeals a punishment which was dished out automatically, where a human review process goes over it although it’s kinda hard to convince them that a lot of reports were done in bad faith).

They do have hacks@blizzard.com as an alternative where you can even include pics, recordings and so on to point them in the right direction, but for some reason they don’t refer to the email anymore. They don’t even refer to it from here on the forum anymore.

You don’t think people that are sweaty enough to abuse an automated reporting system+cross faction collusion is sweaty enough to do so for a full month instead of only like a week?
You underestimate the amount of sweat there I think.

1 Like

The real problem is the automated punishments though. Right-click reports would be the most consumer-friendly system ever, if it would only be limited to reports. The way it leads to automatic punishments is the part where Blizzard saves a lot of money on labor costs and why it’s yet another anti-consumer practice by them.

6 Likes

I don’t disagree at all.
I’d be fine with it if is was only reports and was reviewed by an actual person before any severe penalty was applied.
Sadly that costs money and we simply can’t expect a small indie company to have the funds for this.

I didn’t mean to imply that you disagree, I Just mean that it’s kinda meaningless to blame the players for abusing it when the system is the real devil in all of this. If all you focus on is the players that abuses it, then the system is left without blame.

Also, it’s defeatist talk to use that joke about “indie company”. They just don’t have the incentive to provide better customer service when people never direct the collective anger at the lack of it.

It takes a lot of rage to get a soulless company to pay for something which they don’t want to pay for.

Nah, it isn’t meaningless just because both Blizzard and the players are to blame.
I hope they take severe action against the accounts involved with spam-reporting someone simply out of jealousy over a mount.

I kind of agree with you both here. Blizzard should really take responsibility and stop making systems that are so easily abusable.

Likewise though, I enjoy player freedom. Most of the people playing this game are adults, it feels somewhat disheartening if we have to be watched over like kids because the playerbase simply can’t control themselves.

And all this drama, griefing, bans, unbans, frustration and sweat over a mount? I just dont get it

2 Likes

Blizzard suspending people for same faction griefing would make a good precedent. Blizzard suspending people for false reports would be glorious however. As with any accusation, should you be proven a liar, you should get the punishment you were intending for the victim of your lies, i. e. a suspension long enough to prevent you participating in the event.

2 Likes

haha blizzard doing anything KEKW??? i wanna see it before i believe it… I bet they are too busy rolling in all their MOOOONEY anyways

Can you let us know why people are able to mass report people effectively letting players ban other players? Anyone who participates in mass reporting another player just to get them banned without reason should get banned themselfs

2 Likes

Just look at this… A GM who has his followers swarming in Silithus with an alliance coalition, asking to kill specific Hordes for real money.
http(s:)//imgur(.)com/a/CVu7NUx

Cool, just Blizzard trying to solve the toxicity of this amazing Classic comminity.

“You think you do, but you dont”
Dude was right all along.

Every god damn day theres some drama out of that game.

1 Like