Activision Blizzard sued by California Department of Fair Employment

Lots of wome are unfortunately sexually harrassed at their work place ad that is still alas a fact, there is indeed a difference between the two.

Money talks.
That is what a lot of this comes down to.

More like 3 weeks or even less.

1 Like

Let’s hope so! They should focus on the game not anything else.

You would have hoped that this would have all been exposed and expunged with GamerGate but that was almost 7 years ago now and we’re still being ‘surprised’ when we find out that games companies have a very poor record when it comes to women and minorities.

3 Likes

CEO will say we are very sawwy and we will make changes, then will put some minorities in games and tell to pls buy our things, look how progressive we are. Yet nothing will change, unless government actually acts.

1 Like

They need to get a grip.

I mean, it was not long ago Blizzard Employees were attacking their own customers because they were leaving. Now, I’m against what happened to Christie Golden, that’s wrong (even if I don’t like her writing style), but to have staff at Blizzard HQ, go on the attack like they have been doing…

1 Like

SO basically women should be excluded from their workplace because the male workers there cannot manage a shift without making a tasteless joke or sexually harassing them?

Please tell me you are joking. There’s “being offended by every little thing” and there’s this.

Let me ask you, imagine you work in a field which suits your talents and pay you well, but upon arrival, a senior type (male) decides “you’re a bit of alright” and makes it their business to hit on you, harass you, touch you, etc at any opportunity.

Do you really think the problem in this situation is you deciding to join that company? That the senior guy is doing nothing improper and should reconsider their own behaviour? That you’d be getting “offended for every little thing” each time they decide to step into the elevator whenever you are so they can cop a cheeky feel of you?

20 Likes

Sure, blame the women. People like you are human trash.

14 Likes

Anybody who makes jokes like that, has a very questionable sense of humor.

For me though, I just want people who can create a bloody good game that I can enjoy. I’m not interested in tokenism and being made to feel like I need characters like Sylvanas, for my gender to be recognized.
Let’s leave those big characters out of the main scene for one expansion and have more of the “Scout Captain Elsya” types, running the show.

2 Likes

I ask people to consider whether the “tokenism” is that at all.

Imagine a company where sexual harassment is pretty rife, as are sexual bad taste jokes, groping and generally a boys club.

Would it really be “tokenisitic” for female employees of said company to rant about the behaviour of men? About how more needs to be done?

It’s only tokenism if done for no purpose.
But as we see, those female employees people often cite as evidence of blizzard being “wokeist” may well have good reasons to go on about what they do.

4 Likes

I think we might talking cross-purposes.

When I say “tokenism” I’m referring to the game, in terms of putting characters like Sylvanas, Jaina and Tyrande in front of us and saying “look, big strong women!!”

That, to me, feels downgrading because that feels like characters such as Scout Captain Elsya are weak and should go ignored, because they aren’t considered “big, strong and powerful.”
Elsya isn’t powerful either…but she’s a lower character who I think, many women could relate to, given the chance…but on a level that feels more relatable, rather than blasting off big powers and looking like supreme Goddesses.

Ah right, yes, such comes across as a poor attempt to do penance for some uncomfortable truths at the moment.

“Sorry about all that, here’s a female character whom stomps over the men” is pretty tone deaf

5 Likes

And with this revelation, I think Sylvanas and Jaina will command the story moving forward, because of the image “big, strong and we love women!”

I think it might be an American problem - whereby, characters like them two are what’s needed rather than the more simple characters, who are really cool when they get given some time.

6 Likes

It’s not that they are being hypocrites, it’s that you’re being naive, lmao.

The rules you have to abide by isn’t a reflection of Blizzard’s values, the nature of your relationship with Blizzard should have made this obvious.

Feint outrage is always entertaining though, carry on.

1 Like

I think it’s concerning that some people readily dismiss words and gestures of support as “fake outrage”, as though they just cannot conceive of someone genuinely finding this sort of crap unacceptable.

That disconnect, that inability to relate to sincere compassion when witnessing it?

Big yikes.

1 Like

A lot of people are upset, players, even those who make money from making things for players which are Warcraft based.

4 Likes

When state attorneys or the federal gov get involved it isnt an allegation. They generally do not take it to court unless they have watertight proof.

what the ever living…

4 Likes

Mwa ye it is but not gambling. It simply enables to buy power which is a very slippery slope imo. Wow has no gacha mechanics luckily. I believe OW had them, but don’t member correctly, I think they got sued over it, not sure.

Sadly. It really shows the worse sides of auth right capitalism.

What logic is this? We all make mistakes, did you think this through? I don’t think you did.

Rightfully so, hopefully actions will be taken.

5 Likes

Don’t bother honestly, better for your blood pressure.

1 Like