AD RL Meetup 20th-21st July 2024

Get help immediately.

4 Likes

The very concerning Yikes™ posts aside, hope everyone who goes has a great time!
I’d love to go, but my fun money is still recovering from comic con in october :,)

2 Likes

I do not know the context of the yikes comments earlier but I will say regardless

Absolutely yikes, get off the internet for a long while.

Get off the planet, rather. I’m sure Musk has a rocket for them somewhere.

Jfc what vile comments.

1 Like

So, I know that troll is upsetting everyone for no reason but to get gratified by displaying his 3 year old mind. Simply report him and don’t reply.

As of right now, the wonderful thread and it’s topic that Acrona have made is being derailed.

Lets keep to the topic :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanks to the mod tidying up the thread. Now!

New week, new tidbits to share!

The second public AD meetup I remember attending was in 2008 Copenhagen, Denmark. We first gathered at a dimly lit pub in the city, faced with the dreaded breaking of the ice. Ice was broken. Conversation flowed. Eventually, we transitioned to the host’s house, or perhaps their parent’s house, considering our youthful years.

I am sorry to inform you that there are no massive scandals here, not even necessitating police intervention to regulate the nerdy rebels. When going over the collection of photos I still have in a dusty, browned folder, the most inappropriate incident at the home party was questionable drawings depicting intoxicated states of teensy mind. I’d share, but the blushing would ensue the forum moderation slap on my wrist.

However, to attend the meetup as the wee-mini-me, once again I received care from another guild member who lives in the country. Another person I’m still in touch with, even if they haven’t touched WoW for over a decade. They didn’t like the mämmi I brought them though. Why yes, there was frozen mämmi in my luggage. Because of course there was.

All around, it was a cool trip. The time when you think you’re sooo grown-up, traveling and drinking and all that mature bizness, only to liken yourself to an awkward teenager in retrospect.

Maybe I can take some mämmi to this year’s meetup if we’re having a picnic on Sunday. We’ll see. I’m sorry though that I won’t be inviting you guys to my home.

12 Likes

Can bring some treats too, don’t worry about it!

Lets bring all the mämmi

2 Likes

I’ll try and see if the dates align for me to join. I wanted to do so during the pre-Covid meetups, and had more or less assumed these wouldn’t make a return. Very happy to have my assumptions proven wrong!

3 Likes

I can finally post, after a few weeks of being unable to choose a character!

Hopefully able to make it, logistics permitting. If anyone else UK/Manchester adjacent is going feel free to contact me about costs etc.

(The short of it is it’s not cheap, but somehow Manchester-London on the train almost costs as much)

2 Likes

I wish everyone attending a good trip! I hear Finland is quite lovely during the midsummer, and despite not knowing Acrona beyond her community efforts here, I get the impression she is encouragingly welcoming, so you guys are in good hands.

I’ll bet my beard on it!

4 Likes

Fantastic! Would be great to meet you in person at last. :partying_face:

Just yesterday I was informed other two people had booked flight tickets & hotel too, though they’re traveling from elsewhere in Europe.

On top of that there’s around 8 people I know from before who will 99% attend, plus then a dozen others who’ve expressed interest but will confirm later. Regardless of how big/small group we’ll be in the end, I know it’ll be a blast.

Edit: Also apologies to those for whom the announcement might’ve come on short notice - I was contemplating for months whether to host another meetup or not. In the end, as I don’t have travel plans this summer vacation myself, it’s great to have some highlight in the summer to look forward to!

7 Likes

might come back for this one!

1 Like

you’re more in your element online i think

17 Likes

you are bloodshroud

2 Likes

That’s so absolutely wholesome :heart_eyes: :fist:
I feel this is what I like the most of AD is connecting and vibing with people even from different places and backgrounds.

I hope everyone has a blast of a time!

5 Likes

Damn… I’ll be working then, will try next time!

God bless our British railways where anything more than a short journey costs a spare kidney or three.

3 Likes

What am I allowed to pillage btw?
Payback time Vikings XD

Finns are not vikings. We were actually raided by them back in the days.

3 Likes

Hmmm…what are the odds we all fly to norway for payback pillaging XD