AD RL Meetup 20th-21st July 2024

huzahhh!! So going That London one was ruined for me thanks to my job the night before XD.
As I recall the security guard thought that I was drunk going into…of all the bar names "The World’s End " XD

2 Likes

Sigh

I wish these were also held nearer where I live… Not really money to travel from mid Finland to the insides of Ring three… Gonna go check the WoWSuomi FB forums if someone would be interested to organize one in Mikkeli or Kuopio for example. Or even Jyväskylä.

2 Likes

Wthell in ten characters?

That said , I hope the meeting goes well. One day it could be fun to show up here aswell but… for now, that day is still far away sadly, so I hope everyone that does attend has fun.

2 Likes

Summer warm already!

2 Likes

i cant wait. :grinning:

2 Likes

pro tip if you are travelling from abroad. Fiddle around with the dates XD I found it was cheaper to stay until monday…why? No Clue

3 Likes

Finland is too far for me.

Have a good time to whomever goes though.

2 Likes

I know you’re trolling, but this is highly inappropriate.

44 Likes

Absolutely embarassing post Nils, I really suggest deleting it.

30 Likes

Just once in a while, it seems some people have to show the world they were dropped on their heads as babies…

You know this dude?

5 Likes

Really not appropriate, or even funny tbh.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you had to experience Birmingham and all of it’s dreadful accents.

Wishing you the best with this meetup though, and hope everyone who’s going has a wonderful time!

13 Likes

I feel like I’d get prison shanked by the realm’s Lariat mob if I would attend this meet-up.

Sweden’s armed forces really aren’t sending their best huh

Good luck with the meetup, hope everyone has a fun time!

4 Likes

Get help immediately.

4 Likes

The very concerning Yikes™ posts aside, hope everyone who goes has a great time!
I’d love to go, but my fun money is still recovering from comic con in october :,)

2 Likes

I do not know the context of the yikes comments earlier but I will say regardless

Absolutely yikes, get off the internet for a long while.

Get off the planet, rather. I’m sure Musk has a rocket for them somewhere.

Jfc what vile comments.

1 Like

So, I know that troll is upsetting everyone for no reason but to get gratified by displaying his 3 year old mind. Simply report him and don’t reply.

As of right now, the wonderful thread and it’s topic that Acrona have made is being derailed.

Lets keep to the topic :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanks to the mod tidying up the thread. Now!

New week, new tidbits to share!

The second public AD meetup I remember attending was in 2008 Copenhagen, Denmark. We first gathered at a dimly lit pub in the city, faced with the dreaded breaking of the ice. Ice was broken. Conversation flowed. Eventually, we transitioned to the host’s house, or perhaps their parent’s house, considering our youthful years.

I am sorry to inform you that there are no massive scandals here, not even necessitating police intervention to regulate the nerdy rebels. When going over the collection of photos I still have in a dusty, browned folder, the most inappropriate incident at the home party was questionable drawings depicting intoxicated states of teensy mind. I’d share, but the blushing would ensue the forum moderation slap on my wrist.

However, to attend the meetup as the wee-mini-me, once again I received care from another guild member who lives in the country. Another person I’m still in touch with, even if they haven’t touched WoW for over a decade. They didn’t like the mämmi I brought them though. Why yes, there was frozen mämmi in my luggage. Because of course there was.

All around, it was a cool trip. The time when you think you’re sooo grown-up, traveling and drinking and all that mature bizness, only to liken yourself to an awkward teenager in retrospect.

Maybe I can take some mämmi to this year’s meetup if we’re having a picnic on Sunday. We’ll see. I’m sorry though that I won’t be inviting you guys to my home.

12 Likes