Additional Adjustment to Lightning Breath

When we previously posted about today’s hotfixes, there was still one Hunter adjustment underway. It’s now finalized and has just gone live:

• Hunter Kill Command now only increases the damage done by Claw and Bite.

This will appear in the next hotfixes update, but has just now taken effect (~03:20 CET).

4 Likes

At this point, I would ask you to change Kill Command into something else. It’s a boring ability that you use every minute and it just passively gives 60, 40 and 20% more damage to the two abilities that all pets share. Why not make it like WotLK/Retail KC or different altogether?

Edit: I feel like a change to KC of this nature is necessary to avoid having hunter, and BM in particular, become a passive spec. We need interaction between master and pet. We’ll get more runes in the future so I’m not bothered too much for now, but please consider it.

Sure, current KC can make bite hit hard now but that’s it. And speaking of bite, most pets with bite will still be bad because they’ll be focus capped due to the ability’s long cooldown, unless they have some kind of focus dump like claw or lightning breath. Can we get a rune or change that spends extra focus when bite is used for more damage just like ferocious bite or a rune that reduces its cooldown?

In any case, I will still ask for many of the families that have too little or almost nothing to get more abilities in order to make them more interesting. Spiders, crocolisks, crabs, hyenas, tallstriders and more… they have no niche whatsoever. Spiders, for instance, are an offensive pet but only have bite and no poison or web.

I’ve also heard that the wolf’s howl is bugged so I’d ask you to fix it as well.

Please consider my previous feedback in these past posts below:

Thank you.

5 Likes

Honestly, I really love finding out that I need to level a cat before tonight’s raid because my wind serpent is garbage now. It really brings that classic Blizzard feeling to the experience, and these kinds of changes should absolutely never be mentioned several days ahead of time.

5 Likes

Nothing says professionalism like repeatedly changing crucial aspects of an experience with no prior testing at the expense of the customer and continously missing the mark. In the old days classes were balanced by a team of actual baboons, so no one complained about some monkey business. I am curious, what is your excuse?

10 Likes

Just remove hunters (btw the only dps class in the game atm) from the game and be done with it. Clearly You are incompetent as devs :).

8 Likes

Cant w8 for next week hunter nerf!!

7 Likes

That happens when u hire devs NOT based on skill alone but other insagnificant measures.

Why they didn’t have PTR for SoD is boggling. Why not make all runes available when u create character and test them properly on PTR. Just leave the quest and how to obtain them in the dark so ppl discover them on release, but test the damn abilities, because clearly the QA team in Blizzard can’t do it properly. There are ppl in the community that played those classes for 19 years for gods sake :).

1 Like

Ret Pala can 1 global disci priests.

Meta Lock drainlife while tanking 5 people.

Rogues and Feral spamming low energy combo and 1vs2.

Warriors doing 400 dps in BFD.

Just nerf Hunters because some mongo cried for a LB KC Crit that has 6% chance to happen.

AT this point just tell us to play Hunter ERA - autoshot and TSA bot.

Lone Wolf - Dogsht
Carve - Dogsh
t
Chimera - Dogsht due to mana cost
Sniper Training - Dogsh
t due to no decay like Wotlk version
Cobra Strike - No comment

7 Likes

Quick fixies with great attempts to bring more balance.
Very much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

yea not a fan.

I literally had a pet from lv10-25, with Bite and Claw, After the last raid i got Wind Serpent & Scorpid as im told those are best, so i abandoned my trusty cat as i was too poor and didnt have both stable slots…

now a few days later my 2 new pets are crap and the cat is the best…

it would be cool if we could actually get a balance, instead of changing spec/pets every 24 hours

Hunters are so dented, they can’t see past the idea of their pet not dealing 70% of their entire damage, being the best tank in the game and overall dealing more damage than half the entire damage roster.

2 Likes

I mean… im not complaining about my pets Hp/Armour nerf, it was broken.

And my general Damage breakdown was 40% Pet damage, given the fact Its a partnership of 2… master and pet and i was running Beast Master & Kill Command Runes, what would you expect my ratio of damage to be?

We are literally having core changes made to class/Pets every few days, its getting annoying.

2 Likes

Literally looking through logs, I see that a Lightning Breath hunter’s pet was 61.25% of a certain hunter’s damage (the current top logger on Warcraftlogs).
reports/VZRMxhPwFYAXGaBD#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=1

That pet’s DPS was 137.

That same pet goes above the average of the majority of the DPS in the roster.

What are you on about? are you cherrypicking reports or something?

Number 1 hunter on logs is “selfless”, he is currently top 7, oh i should mention his gear is BIS, literally insane.

Then out of top 10, there is 2 hunters, 2 rogues, 5 warriors and 1 druid. So clearly hunters are the problem right? (fix mages plz).

In Selfless’s logs his overall dmg breakdown are as follows:
Imgur

Clearly 50% of his dmg is the pet, so where are you getting your data? cause right now your spewing hate without any facts.

Truth is, hunter’s are fine as is but the constant evolving nerfs aren’t needed because we are represented, Id rather bring mages slightly up together with paladins and get warriors down slightly if anything to bring it into balance.

Nerfing hunters over and over when we are clearly not the top dogs, but rather just right isn’t the right approach.

5 Likes

I wonder why blizz with their resources cant make 2 versions of spells one for pve one for pvp and nerf the pet for pvp and leave them for pve. I am 100% sure they can do that…they just cba :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Uhm, just click the link which I showed? Maybe do that? Also… at least stay on the topic of Lightning Breath.

And yes it is cherry picking because it should be, especially in PvE when pets carry entire certain fights.

The log was half a link actually didn’t catch that, need to get coffee it seems.

but the point I made is valid, understand that we can spec into pure pet dmg, meaning our own damage is between 75% and 50% of our overall dmg because our own is pathetic (looking at you serpent sting).

However, picking 1 report and stating overpowered is not helpful, like I said, not opting for buffs, just leave us alone and tune down the top offenders marginally, and bring rest in line to compete.

And understanding gear here is helpful, there is upwards of 6 dps difference between epic bow and blue bow (18 vs 12 dps), this is massive in terms of auto shot and personal dps. so pet will be higher if youve specced, geared and done everything for pet, but not gotten a good bow or personal gear yet.

This means that our minimum level of dps will be higher as we are less gear dependent in this spec, and as gear catches up we will be able to compete. but have a lower maximum than other gear hungry classes (warriors rogues) and thats fine.

So be kind, understand the detail before just throwing a single log out there with no clear statistical or empirical evidence.

2 Likes

Cap . Rets cant do this to good geared priests
U prbly dont even play the game

I can understand the frustration from the series of nerfs but really. How did you expect to carry on like this? Having your pets soloing players, tank raid bosses and have broken mechanics’?

The op was fearing the hunter will end up having passive damage like it was not that way already. You could have left the hunter out and get only the pet easy, if it wasn’t for aspect of the lion.

just change Beast Mastery into a Leg slot as we currently dont have any rune for leg (sniper training would be great with like 1 sec instead of 6).

buff explo damage or reduce mana cost of chimera, so at least we have 3 tunes and +1 buttons

2 Likes