Additional Customization for 9.1 & beyond

I don’t think these people’s opinions should be considered valid in any way.

1 Like

9 Likes

Thank you so much for doing this!

2 Likes

Can we get beards for male Trolls?

2 Likes

Just edited and added more stuff including what I think the core races are missing :slight_smile: I’ll probably edit the thread again when something new comes to my mind.

1 Like

For humans I’d like to see necklaces themed around various human kingdoms, available for both genders. Like Stormwind’s Lionhead/Lordaeron’s L/Stromgarde’s Fist. Current necklaces are just really basic and boring.

2 Likes

Love everything you’ve pointed out, especially the Void Elf stuff (OMG, I love the dark, inky void skin colour with light purple hair, and I really want that ‘partial’ void-natural skin tone :open_mouth:)

Personally, I’d love for them to add the ear length/style option for the trolls :3 I’d love to have tiny ears, or more ‘elf-shaped’ ears, as well as ones with chunks bitten out of them!. Also, I feel like the female trolls need more and bigger tusks. Male trolls (and male worgen and undead) should have the “upright” option that the orcs have. Make-up for more of the races is also a good idea, as well as jewellery.

As much as I love all the new customisations, I still feel like something in missing with the females. Don’t get me wrong, everything is amazing so far, but something is missing. Males can change their entire complexion with having things like beards and bushier eyebrows, which completely overhauls the feel of the character, whilst females in turn were given jewellery. Not that I don’t love some of the jewellery options (gnomes), but compared to the impact a beard/moustache can make/change on a male character, it feels paltry in comparison. (also, female dwarves should SO have beards, haha!).

Having said this, I don’t quite know what could be given to the females which would balance this out. Give them more eyebrow options, too? Maybe just an absolute tonne of make-up options? Piercings and jewellery galore? Maybe allow us to layer jewellery (many piercings in eyebrows, ears, nose, lips…etc that we want?). Anything substantial should also be mirrored and given to the males too, of course.

Who knows. More customisation is NEVER a bad thing, so I am sooooooooo hoping that this is something they keep adding on to (I love what FF14 does where every patch it just randomly adds a few more hairstyles in here and there, which over the years has grown into a massive library for customisation).

2 Likes

These ideas and pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I was just browsing through this thread casually and the fan-made additions actually made me gasp. I wasn’t actually too keen on Void Elves until I levelled one - now I want to kit him out with that amazing Alleria-based skin.

As for what I want personally, I’m happy as long as the Allied Races get lots of new stuff to bring them up to par with the Core Races as I now feel like they’re falling behind. Considering how much of an achievement having the Allied Races unlocked is supposed to be, I feel like it only makes sense that they should look amazing to match that sentiment.

For the core races, though:

• TROLL. BEARDS. Also Amani/Green skin option. It was in the initial pictures they released and I was devastated when I saw they didn’t make the cut.

• More stuff overall for Goblins, I feel like they didn’t get a lot. The Worgen seemed to get all the love I think. I’m not thinking of anything in particular - just more of everything would be sweet.

• A pure black Worgen skin please!! We’ve got our Greymane Cosplay pure white, so where’s our pure black?

• More stuff for Orcs. I don’t feel like they got very much either. Their additions feel kinda underwhelming actually. I feel like lorewise there’s lots they could have done here and chose not to, or didn’t have time.

• Unlike most others, I actually do wish more stuff for Tauren, more warpaint designs and colour combinations especially that could represent the different Tribes. I was expecting unique Grimtotem designs for one, as some of them are a part of the Horde now and would be interesting in RP. That’s more of a selfish desire though as my favourite Horde race is the Tauren.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/j35opb/i_still_dont_get_why_blizz_thought_removing_the/

Nightborne also need eye glow back and should have different options for them aswel like nelfs,belfs and velfs have.
ANd blizz should give them the faces back they used to have, during legion not to long afetr(maybe a month) after first became aviable they replaced ALL their faces when already lakced options,dint add just removed (which is also removed the 1 young looking female NB face i liked)

Also for orcs they could get chin tatoos like how Garrosh and Grom have them.

ANd for belfs the Tiara haristyle should have version with tiara and without aswell. Or tiara could just be a extra jewerly option usable with any hairstyle.

3 Likes

An idea i just got for Tauren, Have more jagged Broken Horns like if they where broken of during a serious fight instead of cleanly cut/sawwed off option got now.
And could have chains or jewerly hanging from them aswell as option.

3 Likes

In certain other MMO’s, you’re able to earn new cosmetic appearaances such as hairstyles, skin tones etc. by completing achievements or challenges. I’d love to see this kind of thing in WoW. Kinda like how we unlocked artifact appearances in Legion. I know a lot of collectors out there who would have fun collecting things like hairstyles and tattoos :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The closest I can think of to this is the Night Warrior customization for Night Elves which you only get for doing that BfA Darkshore questline.

I dabbled in FF14 for a while and you were able to buy/earn new hairstyles for your characters there. Being able to do the same thing here but with gold, achievements, raids, etc. it would definitely be something I could get behind. It’s not for everyone of course, I can see some people complaining, but being able to earn unique cosmetics is something I think the altoholics/RPers of this game would die for.

Imagine if they tied some unique skins to covenants in Shadowlands - so you could make your character look vampiric if you pick Venthyr, or become a Blue Boi if you pick Kyrian. BLUE TAURENS PLZ

3 Likes

I think you missed one thing that was datamined that hasnt been implemented yet and devs on MrGm interview said they wanted to do.

That is the option to transmog to 1 shoulder instead of 2.

4 Likes

This so much. Blizzard shouldn’t have given every blood elf skin colour to void elves. A couple of natural skin tones and hair colours would have been enough for the high elf fantasy, without muddying the waters so much.

I also want more void themed options for void elves. I want the glow effect on hair, even without tentacles. I hate every tentacle hair option for males, but would love to have the glow effect.
I want more shades of green, blue and purple, that aren’t quite “pure” void themed colours. I think their shade range is very monotonous, reddish violet, fuchsia, sky blue, emerald, etc. Vibrant colours :slightly_smiling_face:
I also want them to have void themed eyes. That would be my favourite :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Agreed with just about everything. I hope they fix Nightborne and I would LOVE a permanent version of the racial skintone for Void Elves, I’ve tested it in model viewer and it looks amazing. Similar to Alleria’s voidform.

3 Likes

For blood elves would be cool to have a hair glow in parts of hair for either arcane(pink/light purply colour) or more golden/yellow glow for holy magic.

2 Likes

Honestly I’ve been asking for Black hair for a long long time. It doesn’t make sense that VOID elves don’t have them.

With that being said I might just end up sticking to Purple hair, along with the natural skin it will look like a Edgy elf woman.

3 Likes

A new idea came to my mind recently. It would be nice if we could choose a new idle stance (aka standing animation) for our characters on the creation screen.

Can we finally get red, fire orange, green & purple glowing eyes for Death Knights to fit all of their specs? Unholy has purple and green abilities. Now that we get their hair colors (which is awesome), additional special eye colors would be a nice touch for them to stand out from other classes even more.

2 Likes

Jusr had few ideas for more options:

h ttps://imgur.com/a/iuTXxkI

A darker skin tone for lightforged Draenei (see link) and option for void elves to have void visual as a ooption simelair to the corruption visual

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.