Additional Customization for 9.1 & beyond

Now that we’re close to Shadowlands Launch day, I decided to write down what I personally want to see added as new customization options in future patches since they said they would like to know what else does the community want - if it makes sense of course. Feel free to comment below if you think there’s something I didn’t mention.

I don’t really care if this thread doesn’t get any attention, but I hope that at least one Dev reads this and takes some stuff into consideration.

EDIT: I wanted to add a comment about the general customization I want for ALL races (both core and allied races) including the background screen and gender select.

• 1. Please give us an option to change the background screen while customizing the character. Let us choose between Stormwind/Orgrimmar and the original background of specific race.
  • 2. After you select your race and class, when you move to page 2, an option to switch between Male and Female should be added as it’s a bit frustrating to just go “back” and reselect. It would be easy to compare.
  • 3. Remove the restriction of a need to have a scar on specific part of the face to use the Blind eye option. Some races require this, some don’t. Just remove the restriction and let us use blind options on all races regardless if we have scars or not.
  • 4. Basicly, all races should have some kind of scars, necklaces, earrings and other similar stuff.
  • 5. Priest class only features light spells. Should also feature Shadow magic like Mage features other specs (Don’t think there’s arcane stuff so add that, too.) I just think that new players won’t know that there’s another Priest spec that offers cool Shadowy & Voidy magic and is a DPS.
  • 6. Add an option to choose between 3 armor examples. I’m really not a fan of the Priest armor choice and would be nice to see some different armor.

I’ll start with Allied Races. They said that they wanted to focus on Core races for launch so they’ll do Allied races customization in the future patches and as well add some more to the core races.

:mage: :vampire: :fairy: :woman_mage: :genie: :elf:

• VOID ELVES
    :arrow_forward: Most people want High Elf stuff, I’m more of a Void stuff fan. But, I still think they should add all Blood Elf hair colors so that the outrage stops (please don’t argue with me about this, it’s just personal opinion).
    :arrow_forward: I don’t want Blood Elf hairstyles, but I want A LOT of new ones. Void Elves only have 11-13 compared to the Blood Elves who have 21-25.
    :arrow_forward: About the Void stuff, please check out these fan-made customizations

• i.imgur.com/T2wuYNh.jpg
    • i.imgur.com/kO41zgh.jpg
    • i.imgur.com/iMRNhRm.jpg
      (credits to @silverleaf2520 on Twitter)

:arrow_forward: Tattoos in Gold, Purple, Dark Purple, Blue & Dark Blue colors.
    :arrow_forward: Runes & scars like on this fan-made photo (or check TBC box)

• i.redd.it/sp9funq2bil51.png

:arrow_forward: More colorful (voidy) hair colors such as pink, brownish purple…
    :arrow_forward: An option to toggle Tentacles on & off. I think most of the hairstyles could work without them. I’m sure this feauture would be more than welcome to High Elf fans.
    :arrow_forward: Make the Void Form skin and Hair color available as normal skintones.
    :arrow_forward: Ear length like Blood Elves (I’m sure this is coming).
    :arrow_forward: Eyebrow length.
    :arrow_forward: More earrings and additional jewelry like Blood Elves’ armbands, bracelets and necklaces in Silver, Gold & Bronze (original Void Elf earrings color). Put the crystals in Blue & Dark Voidish purple colors.
    :arrow_forward: Make-Up. Humans don’t need to the only race with this option.
    :arrow_forward: Fix the black hair color that has been in the data since 7.3.5, but never made available to players since the tentacles textures are bugged when using that black color texture.
    :arrow_forward: Male Void Elves should also have jewelry and more beard styles such as long beard and other new styles the Blood Elves got.
    :arrow_forward: Yes, I’m obviously the biggest Void Elf fan.

• LIGHTFORGED DRAENEI
    :arrow_forward: More tattoo styles.
    :arrow_forward: More beard & Hair styles.
    :arrow_forward: More Hair colors. Especially dark blonde and golden.
    :arrow_forward: Jewelry color (different shades of gold).
    :arrow_forward: Tail length like normal Draenei option.
    :arrow_forward: More runes.
    :arrow_forward: More eye colors in different shades. There could be different variations of Yellow, Orange and White eyes.
    :arrow_forward: More skin tones. They currently have only 3. Check out these fan made skin tones made by the same person I posted above

• i.imgur.com/IlBKyuY.jpg
      I can think of a super dark - obsidian like skin tone (not listed on the screenshot above). Just imagine a Black Draenei with glowy yellow eyes & tattoos.

:arrow_forward: Additional jewelry like circlets.
    :arrow_forward: More new horn styles.
    :arrow_forward: What about earrings and necklaces?

• DARK IRON DWARVES
    :arrow_forward: More skin tones. They currently have 4 and I’m sure that more shades of the current ones could be added. Fan made below

• i.imgur.com/uuVfkwF.jpg

:arrow_forward: More hair styles & colors.
    :arrow_forward: More eye colors such as these

• i.imgur.com/2VhoHT4.jpg

:arrow_forward: More beard styles.
    :arrow_forward: More jewelry. Separate the earrings and piercings.
    :arrow_forward: Necklaces.
    :arrow_forward: More tattoos and tattoo colors. I don’t think the black color should be the only one. I can think of red, fiery orange, silver, etc.

• KUL TIRANS
    :arrow_forward: More skin tones. They currently have 6 (even humans had 10 before Shadowlands and now they have 16). Fan made below

• i.imgur.com/u78izEr.jpg

:arrow_forward: More Hairstyles & Hair colors. I’d just copy the regular human colors.
    :arrow_forward: More earrings and necklaces.
    :arrow_forward: Tattoos that represent Kul Tiran symbols.
    :arrow_forward: More customization that resembles one of the three Kul Tiras houses.
    :arrow_forward: Make-Up.

• MECHAGNOMES
    :arrow_forward: More skin tones. Fan made below

• i.imgur.com/yjyzoXl.jpg

:arrow_forward: More Hair styles & colors.
    :arrow_forward: More modifications, arm and leg upgrade customization.
    :arrow_forward: More paint colors.
    :arrow_forward: Additional eyes modification colors. Currently, they’re only blue. Fan made below

• i.imgur.com/YVMYFZI.jpg

:arrow_forward: They could use earrings (including changeable color) when they’re not using any modification on their ears. Piercings on the nose, etc.

• NIGHTBORNE
    :arrow_forward: Currently probably the most hated model in the community.
    :arrow_forward: Skin tones. They only have 3… If Draenei can have 15 skin tones and all of them are different shades of Blue, Grey, Purple and Pink, I really don’t see why Nightborne can’t have the same thing. It’s possible and doable.
    :arrow_forward: More face options - they only have 6.
    :arrow_forward: An option to toggle narrow eyes on & off. Most people want original Suramar NPC narrow eyes, but I’m sure some people like the current ones.
    :arrow_forward: Eye colors - can be different shades of Blue, Pink, White and Purple.
    :arrow_forward: More hair styles.
    :arrow_forward: More hair colors. I’d literally copy all the draenei hair colors because they could fit the Nightborne so well. Except the brown ones.
    :arrow_forward: More earrings. Add necklaces and piercings. Including an option to change the jewelry color because many Suramar NPCs have golden and bronze jewelry, not just the silver. I can think of that unused heritage armor recolors that wouldn’t fit the silver color. See photo below

• i.imgur.com/oHCxwrH.jpg

:arrow_forward: Male Nightborne don’t have beard styles so please add them (mustache, sideburns…).
    :arrow_forward: Eyebrow styles.
    :arrow_forward: Ear length
    :arrow_forward: I’d say separate face & body tattoos and add more.

• HIGHMOUNTAIN TAUREN
    :arrow_forward: More fur colors, they only have 4 for now. The normal Tauren have 22.
    :arrow_forward: More face options.
    :arrow_forward: More horn styles and markings.
    :arrow_forward: More facial hair.
    :arrow_forward: More body paint styles and colors.
    :arrow_forward: Foremane option and styles.
    :arrow_forward: Headress, necklaces, earrings, flowers.
    :arrow_forward: Face & Body paint styles and colors.
    :arrow_forward: I mostly added stuff that the Tauren have, but not HM Tauren. They really aren’t that much different than the normal ones except the huge antlers.

• MAG’HAR ORCS
    :arrow_forward: More skin tones. See fan made photo below

• i.imgur.com/rzLUsiA.jpg

:arrow_forward: More hair & beard styles, sideburns…
    :arrow_forward: More eye colors, see photo below

• i.imgur.com/CR58hDw.jpg

:arrow_forward: More earrings and piercings.
    :arrow_forward: More tusk styles.
    :arrow_forward: Scars, grime…
    :arrow_forward: Tattoos, war paint & colors.

• ZANDALARI TROLLS
    :arrow_forward: More skin tones. See fan made photo below

• i.imgur.com/uVgizxT.jpg

:arrow_forward: More eye colors

• i.imgur.com/KYqQxgU.jpg

:arrow_forward: More hair styles & colors.
    :arrow_forward: More tusk styles.
    :arrow_forward: More piercings and jewelry for both genders.
    :arrow_forward: More tattoo styles and add colors because they can only be golden.
    :arrow_forward: Face & body paint including colors.
    :arrow_forward: Beards for male Zandalari Trolls.

• VULPERA
    :arrow_forward: More fur color options. See fan made photo below

• i.imgur.com/spcdhiO.jpg

:arrow_forward: More ear styles.
    :arrow_forward: More snouts.
    :arrow_forward: More earrings.
    :arrow_forward: More fur patterns, they currently have 3.

FIRST EDIT :arrow_down:
:point_right: :point_right: :point_right:CORE RACES:point_left: :point_left: :point_left:

Core races received a lot of customization and I’m very happy, but I’ll still comment on each race and say what they miss (if they do).

• PANDAREN
    :arrow_forward: I feel like they are the only core races that got the least customization.
    :arrow_forward: So I heard/saw that the tail ring and sandals colors were in the files since forever ago and I wonder what happened to that. Did they forget about them or? Check out this photo

• i.imgur.com/bY7RWUD.png

:arrow_forward: Male Pandaren should have an option to change their tails like Females.
    :arrow_forward: More beard styles.
    :arrow_forward: New hairstyles, less Karen styles.
    :arrow_forward: New earrings - they’re stuck with the same ones they got in 5.0. And there should be an option to change colors - like Gnomes.
    :arrow_forward: Full 1 colored fur color - such as white. That would look dope.
    :arrow_forward: Necklaces, armbands, bracelets…

• WORGEN
    :arrow_forward: I feel like they also didn’t get much compared to other races. The new fur colors are amazing and the amount of eye colors are incredible, BUT… Where are the other options?
    :arrow_forward: Starting with simple stuff: They need new beard, ear and hair styles. They’re the only core race that didn’t get any new hairstyle except the Females who got only 1 because it was in the data since forever.
    :arrow_forward: Personally, I’d like to see them adding all Cataclysm Alpha hairstyles that I still didn’t get over after the Beta models were announced. I am tired of endless Mane, but as I said, this is just a personal request.

• i.imgur.com/33JjDi6.jpg

:arrow_forward: Add earrings - both noble Gilnean and savage Worgen styles, necklaces, etc.
    :arrow_forward: Please give Male Worgen an option to stand upright - making them the Alliance race with this option like Horde’s Orc. That would look sick!
    :arrow_forward: And finally - Tail option… I’m not interested in that much as the other people and I’ve came across this request a lot. It’s not lore-breaking. It should be purely cosmetic and I don’t agree with “Lycan” theories and other stuff from irl fantasy movies and books. This is World of Warcraft and I’m sure a Worgen Tail wouldn’t make anyone mad.

• DRAENEI
    :arrow_forward: I am actually very happy about the new customization they get. There is still something I hope to see.
    :arrow_forward: I don’t see why they should be stuck with blue eyes when they could have different shades of Blue, Purple, Pink and White. Velen has purple eyes.
    :arrow_forward: Earrings and decorations on their horns.
    :arrow_forward: Necklaces and armbands, bracelets.

• GNOMES
    :arrow_forward: Make-up. Can’t really say much because I think they got enough. Even more than I expected. Could only add necklaces in Gnomeregan styles - similar to the new earrings they got.

• NIGHT ELVES
    :arrow_forward: Another race that I’m actually happy about. They got a lot of new stuff and I didn’t expect vines for sure.
    :arrow_forward: I’d add a blonde hair and ultra Blue skin color to complete the Highborne look.
    :arrow_forward: Add new markings and properly attach them to Male Night Elves.
    :arrow_forward: An option to change jewelry color. That diamond necklace shouldn’t be stuck with purple diamond.

• DWARVES
    :arrow_forward: Can’t say much except Necklaces - to fit all Dwarf houses.
    :arrow_forward: Make-up.

• HUMANS
    :arrow_forward: Dark eye color - almost black.
    :arrow_forward: Light blonde and light ginger orange hair colors.
    :arrow_forward: More scars.
    :arrow_forward: Please add long beard styles. I thought that would be added.

• ORCS
    :arrow_forward: Female Orcs could use more than 2 necklaces.

• UNDEAD
    :arrow_forward: Orange eye color
    :arrow_forward: Earrings, piercings & necklaces.

• TAUREN
    :arrow_forward: Perfect. :slight_smile:

• TROLLS
    :arrow_forward: Most requested beard styles. I don’t see any complications that prevent these.

• BLOOD ELVES
    :arrow_forward: Very similar to what I want for Void Elves and that is not yet added to Blood Elves.
    :arrow_forward: Eyebrow length.
    :arrow_forward: Tattoos in Gold, Green, Red and Blue colors.
    :arrow_forward: Runes & scars like on this fan-made photo (or check TBC box)

• i.redd.it/sp9funq2bil51.png

:arrow_forward: Male Blood Elves should also have jewelry and more beard styles such as long beard.
    :arrow_forward: Make-up.
    :arrow_forward: Changing jewelry color should also apply to that new Female hairstyle with tiara. If you choose Silver color, the tiara should also change it’s Gold color to silver.
    :arrow_forward: I’ve heard people want that deleted body jewelry back.
    :arrow_forward: Update their background screen. Check out this fan made photo

• i.imgur.com/btUkd9k.jpg

• GOBLINS
    :arrow_forward: Scars.
    :arrow_forward: Separate Hair, beard and sideburns.

End of thread. Thanks for reading if you read all of this! :smile:

Edit: I feel like this kind of detailed thread was necessary and I really really hope that one of the Devs find this. I’ve wanted to write this for a few weeks now, but didn’t find time.

Most of the screenshot credit goes to @silverleaf2520 on Twitter. He has a lot of fan made concept art and it’s amazing.

15 Likes

Why not give core races more stuff?

3 Likes

I’ll edit the post in a few hours. Had to leave the house so I didn’t have time to continue :slightly_smiling_face: I think I’m not done with allied races, but I’m sure there’s a lot of stuff I want to mention for core races.

1 Like

I want a lot more void related options for void elves. Really hate the new skin tones theyre getting. The really need the void theme injected back into them

I want an orangey orange colour for vulpera.
I dont care how silly it looks, I want to look like the llothien prowler :stuck_out_tongue:

I want blood elfs to get more stuff in general
Their new options kinda suck and with void elves haven taken their models and skin tones, they really need something to stand out as a race again.

I want mechagnomes to have all the options of normal gnomes. Why? Mecha is cooler but I love the gnomes new stuff.

Nightborne just need a complete overhaul

Its not a customisation option but I want worgen to have the option to default back to human when combat ends. I’d actually play one then.

The other races I am either content with or couldn’t care less about

3 Likes

I don’t think these people’s opinions should be considered valid in any way.

1 Like

9 Likes

Thank you so much for doing this!

2 Likes

Can we get beards for male Trolls?

2 Likes

Just edited and added more stuff including what I think the core races are missing :slight_smile: I’ll probably edit the thread again when something new comes to my mind.

1 Like

For humans I’d like to see necklaces themed around various human kingdoms, available for both genders. Like Stormwind’s Lionhead/Lordaeron’s L/Stromgarde’s Fist. Current necklaces are just really basic and boring.

2 Likes

Love everything you’ve pointed out, especially the Void Elf stuff (OMG, I love the dark, inky void skin colour with light purple hair, and I really want that ‘partial’ void-natural skin tone :open_mouth:)

Personally, I’d love for them to add the ear length/style option for the trolls :3 I’d love to have tiny ears, or more ‘elf-shaped’ ears, as well as ones with chunks bitten out of them!. Also, I feel like the female trolls need more and bigger tusks. Male trolls (and male worgen and undead) should have the “upright” option that the orcs have. Make-up for more of the races is also a good idea, as well as jewellery.

As much as I love all the new customisations, I still feel like something in missing with the females. Don’t get me wrong, everything is amazing so far, but something is missing. Males can change their entire complexion with having things like beards and bushier eyebrows, which completely overhauls the feel of the character, whilst females in turn were given jewellery. Not that I don’t love some of the jewellery options (gnomes), but compared to the impact a beard/moustache can make/change on a male character, it feels paltry in comparison. (also, female dwarves should SO have beards, haha!).

Having said this, I don’t quite know what could be given to the females which would balance this out. Give them more eyebrow options, too? Maybe just an absolute tonne of make-up options? Piercings and jewellery galore? Maybe allow us to layer jewellery (many piercings in eyebrows, ears, nose, lips…etc that we want?). Anything substantial should also be mirrored and given to the males too, of course.

Who knows. More customisation is NEVER a bad thing, so I am sooooooooo hoping that this is something they keep adding on to (I love what FF14 does where every patch it just randomly adds a few more hairstyles in here and there, which over the years has grown into a massive library for customisation).

2 Likes

These ideas and pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I was just browsing through this thread casually and the fan-made additions actually made me gasp. I wasn’t actually too keen on Void Elves until I levelled one - now I want to kit him out with that amazing Alleria-based skin.

As for what I want personally, I’m happy as long as the Allied Races get lots of new stuff to bring them up to par with the Core Races as I now feel like they’re falling behind. Considering how much of an achievement having the Allied Races unlocked is supposed to be, I feel like it only makes sense that they should look amazing to match that sentiment.

For the core races, though:

• TROLL. BEARDS. Also Amani/Green skin option. It was in the initial pictures they released and I was devastated when I saw they didn’t make the cut.

• More stuff overall for Goblins, I feel like they didn’t get a lot. The Worgen seemed to get all the love I think. I’m not thinking of anything in particular - just more of everything would be sweet.

• A pure black Worgen skin please!! We’ve got our Greymane Cosplay pure white, so where’s our pure black?

• More stuff for Orcs. I don’t feel like they got very much either. Their additions feel kinda underwhelming actually. I feel like lorewise there’s lots they could have done here and chose not to, or didn’t have time.

• Unlike most others, I actually do wish more stuff for Tauren, more warpaint designs and colour combinations especially that could represent the different Tribes. I was expecting unique Grimtotem designs for one, as some of them are a part of the Horde now and would be interesting in RP. That’s more of a selfish desire though as my favourite Horde race is the Tauren.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/j35opb/i_still_dont_get_why_blizz_thought_removing_the/

Nightborne also need eye glow back and should have different options for them aswel like nelfs,belfs and velfs have.
ANd blizz should give them the faces back they used to have, during legion not to long afetr(maybe a month) after first became aviable they replaced ALL their faces when already lakced options,dint add just removed (which is also removed the 1 young looking female NB face i liked)

Also for orcs they could get chin tatoos like how Garrosh and Grom have them.

ANd for belfs the Tiara haristyle should have version with tiara and without aswell. Or tiara could just be a extra jewerly option usable with any hairstyle.

3 Likes

An idea i just got for Tauren, Have more jagged Broken Horns like if they where broken of during a serious fight instead of cleanly cut/sawwed off option got now.
And could have chains or jewerly hanging from them aswell as option.

3 Likes

In certain other MMO’s, you’re able to earn new cosmetic appearaances such as hairstyles, skin tones etc. by completing achievements or challenges. I’d love to see this kind of thing in WoW. Kinda like how we unlocked artifact appearances in Legion. I know a lot of collectors out there who would have fun collecting things like hairstyles and tattoos :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The closest I can think of to this is the Night Warrior customization for Night Elves which you only get for doing that BfA Darkshore questline.

I dabbled in FF14 for a while and you were able to buy/earn new hairstyles for your characters there. Being able to do the same thing here but with gold, achievements, raids, etc. it would definitely be something I could get behind. It’s not for everyone of course, I can see some people complaining, but being able to earn unique cosmetics is something I think the altoholics/RPers of this game would die for.

Imagine if they tied some unique skins to covenants in Shadowlands - so you could make your character look vampiric if you pick Venthyr, or become a Blue Boi if you pick Kyrian. BLUE TAURENS PLZ

3 Likes

I think you missed one thing that was datamined that hasnt been implemented yet and devs on MrGm interview said they wanted to do.

That is the option to transmog to 1 shoulder instead of 2.

4 Likes

This so much. Blizzard shouldn’t have given every blood elf skin colour to void elves. A couple of natural skin tones and hair colours would have been enough for the high elf fantasy, without muddying the waters so much.

I also want more void themed options for void elves. I want the glow effect on hair, even without tentacles. I hate every tentacle hair option for males, but would love to have the glow effect.
I want more shades of green, blue and purple, that aren’t quite “pure” void themed colours. I think their shade range is very monotonous, reddish violet, fuchsia, sky blue, emerald, etc. Vibrant colours :slightly_smiling_face:
I also want them to have void themed eyes. That would be my favourite :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Agreed with just about everything. I hope they fix Nightborne and I would LOVE a permanent version of the racial skintone for Void Elves, I’ve tested it in model viewer and it looks amazing. Similar to Alleria’s voidform.

3 Likes

For blood elves would be cool to have a hair glow in parts of hair for either arcane(pink/light purply colour) or more golden/yellow glow for holy magic.

2 Likes