Last wish - Nightborne customization

It will likely not work as night elves were given a lot of features to play with. I mean, they did give “Highborne” stuff with golden eyes, jewellry and earrings, but the main focus was the Druid and Sentinel side to the elves.

If you want to play a race that is more into their big cities, lavish lifestyles or something that is just more “arcane” based, then you’ve got Blood Elves, Nightborne and Void Elves (if you wanted to stick to Elves.

1 Like

Jewelry you mean three earrings and two necklaces? Golden eyes aren’t even a Highborne thing.

Again - Alliance Night Elves are not the same as Highborne Night Elves from 10,000 years ago.
Their values have changed and most Moon Guard Mages became Druids.

What we’ve got now is a remnant number of Highborne who are part of a larger Druidic/Priestess/Sentinel led society.

Again, if you want to see something that is more “Arcane” focused and still play an Elf, then we’ve got 3 other Elves to choose from.

3 Likes

I’m not gonna play any of those 3 elves. I only have night elves with a few exceptions. All I wanted was a night elf like Azshara! Regal. And until Naga become a playable race I want something to fill that gap

Well, you do - you’ve got Night Elf Mage and it’s absolutely not so much about features but more about clothing.

Highborne were known for wearing very abstract clothing.
I mean, look at the Mage Tower Mage-armor set that has recently come out. You don’t need flashy features to know that if you saw a Night Elf Mage wearing that, you’d think they were “Highborne.”

Transmog is what makes a Night Elf Mage, a Highborne. The extra features like jewelry and necklaces are additional bonuses.

5 Likes

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, nightborne players! :christmas_tree: :santa:

I’m back with a lengthy post.

Here is my annual reminder that work on nightborne is not over yet!

Since it’s difficult to navigate in the thread with over 1k replies, I took responsibility to gather all relevant replies in one place. Please, pardon me if I forgot to add one of yours.

Some of our wishes have already come true, let’s hope that our other wishes will also come true! :slightly_smiling_face:

Alanar-ragnarosOctober 5, 2021, 3:57pm#30

So an update in what we still missing and would realy love to see on the Nightborne…

• Toggle for mana hair

• Mana hands could use a second option making the outline more visible like the npcs

• Male faces getting fixed, but please add an npc face option.

• Lighter skin tones

• Missing npc hairstyles (1 male, 2 female) female: Highborne hairstyle nr1, but then with sidebangs. This hairstyle is also missing animation in the back. Male: is missing the long ponytail plus pieses of it hanging on the shoulder. Can be seen on npcs such as Sylgrin or duskwatch guards for example.

• Male shoulder piece needs to get a reduction in size

• Third eye option, making them more narrow such as the npcs ( the slant eye option is great, but sadly it’s still not what the npcs have, male suffer more from this then female, but this could be due to the fact it’s just a night elf male model, which has more round features in general.

• Option for longer finger nails/tops, npcs look sharper, same goes for the toenails.

• Remove the chin armor part from the Herritage armor and add it as an chin decoration option. It’s a cool jaw piece which would be cool to have on both male and female.
    Right now the model is different on male or female. It’s also chin pieze which is used be several npcs and seems to be the only piece left missing. It will also free the herritage armor from being stuck with that look.

• Herritage armor update, add in the gold/red color option. Also please seperate the robe piece from the chest. More option and it would feel better for melee character or rp in general. The hip armor would be cool if it’s part of a leg piece so we could actually dress up like those npcs. Right now the set is super limited and makes it so if you dont’wear the chest, everything feels off.

• bug found on eyes for hunters, when they idle with bow their eyes become wide open again, while idle animation for 1 hand, 2 hand etc don’t have this. (right click on enemy idle animation btw) can also be seen in the character select screen. This is with eye option 2.

• Mouth bug found on female Nightborne while sitting idle on horse. It starts to shake weirdly.

Taeldryn-die-aldorOctober 5, 2021, 11:30pm#31

I very much appreciate the work done towards Nightborne so far. The new customization options look great! However, I’d like to add a few more suggestions:

• An option to toggle glowing hair, similar to the one Void Elves have.
  • An option to convert the arcane glowing effects (eyes, tattoos, hands) to fel magic effects. This way, warlocks can have a proper and more lore conform appearance, while other classes get the option to portray Felborne.
  • Please bring back the Arcblade! This one is a very iconic Nightborne weapon and an absolute must-have for arms warriors and survival hunters. If it’s bugged or broken, find a way to fix it. Simply removing it from the game is the worst possible course of action.
  • Shoulder armor needs to be readjusted. The vast majority of shoulder armor appears to be floating next to the character instead of resting on the character’s shoulders where it belongs, meaning there are only a small handful of pieces that can actually be transmogged without the character looking totally goofy.
  • Add the option for Nightborne to become Druids. This has been heavily requested ever since Nightborne became playable, as the Nightborne botanists use a wide range of druidic spells and even care to maintain the balance just like druids of other races do (according to the world quest “They Bloom at Night”). Their shapes could be mana-infused variants of regular Night Elf druid shapes (e.g. mana saber for feral druids) whilst the moonkin shape could be one similar to the appearance of High Botanist Tel’arn.
4 Likes

Happy New Year my fellow Nightborne :purple_heart:

5 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Happy new year!

Thanks for the post, it’s fun to see alot of my feedback dubbled all togeter.

Lets continue the fight!

4 Likes

I wonder how WoW development will change under Microsoft…

2 Likes

Good question :thinking:

The checks and balanced of power will be implemented to get feedback from all employees. The inefficient gears will be replaced.
I would expect well oiled production machine in 24. The content road map with more or less precise dates. May be even season passes instead of submounts.
Thats my understanding of new management.

Do it right Bliz…crosoft! :smiley:

1 Like

Wish upon a star.

3 Likes

The void elf thread was necroed, time to necro this Nightborne thread, why you may wonder? Well, why not?

7 Likes

Yes! We are all there, as loyal as always! :purple_heart: Watching and waiting… :eyes:

3 Likes

Good luck fellow Nightborne. May all your customization wishes come true :purple_heart:

2 Likes

It came true, but we are just chilling here atm :sunglasses:

1 Like

how you doing my fellow nightborne :smiley:

1 Like

I will 100% create a 5th warlock if we get Felborne options.
I have wanted the Felborne effects for ages!

2 Likes