Additional Season 4 Class Tuning -- August 10

With scheduled weekly maintenance (tomorrow, August 9 in this region), we intend to make further adjustments to Survival Hunters and Destruction Warlocks.

Hunter

• Survival
    • Set Bonus (4): Mad Bombardier damage bonus has been reduced to 50% (was 70%).
    • Mongoose Bite damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
    • Raptor Strike damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
    • Corrected an issue where Raptor Strike was dealing less damage than intended while Aspect of the Eagle was active.
    • Serpent Sting damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
    • Kill Command damage increased by 20%. This change does not apply to PvP.
      • Developers’ notes: The Survival Hunter Mad Bombardier 4-piece set bonus is still causing Survival Hunters to overperform in multi-target situations. We’re lowering the effectiveness of the 4-piece bonus while also increasing the damage of several single target abilities to offset this loss of damage against a single target.

Warlock

• Destruction
    • Rain of Fire damage reduced by 20%.
    • Immolation Aura (from Infernal) reduced by 20%.
      • Developers’ notes: We’re still seeing Destruction excel in multi-target situations. We’re applying additional changes here to stabilize their throughput when scaling with high target counts.

k

nice censor removing my first reply

edit: also is this insinuating you are nerfing the dungeons where you need these classes to perform?

1 Like

how about a little buff for the worst spec in the game, subtlety? :slight_smile: maybe to help with the edge of night nerf you made when you meant to nerf the resonator interaction with deeper daggers?

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

1 Like

Could Unholy get some buffs while your at it seeing as you nerfed our only usefull button.mabye less rng on festering strike.

How about you leave the Warlocks alone for a bit?

Why not take a look at Monks, Hunters overall?

Hunter has been the best damage dealer the whole expansion, Warlock gets good 1 Patch and you cant stop hitting it with a rock.

7 Likes

Monk nerf?

Some lower specs could use some love too.

1 Like

Did you realy just ignored like 10 specs strugling a lot while buffing surv??

1 Like

As long as you keep Destro competitive, then I don’t care.

I guess you have to play demo now. Sad now its not enough to play 2 btns :slight_smile:

can we nerf hunters for pvp kty

I love being rapid fired. said no one ever.

*sigh *

No rets for the wicked… :unamused:

1 Like

I’ve seen some pretty wicked people play ret :dagger::angel:

2 Likes

every day is april 1st at actiblizz

1 Like

:police_car:

Fun detected in Shadowlands S4, stop where you are.

Seriously though for once can we just buff underperformers instead of dishing out nerfs like this, even moreso in a stopgap season which I thought was supposed to be a bit of fun?

A shame pugs don’t pull like the MDI teams/world first raiders so I didn’t get to truly experience the overall DPS crater that you can pull when you have 35+ mobs standing in rain of fire.

1 Like

funny how Sub and MM are super powerfull in DF alpha but in this current live build they bottom dps

Idk what game you play but mm is in rather good spec both in pvp and pve

In m+ good mm can achieve similar dps to surv ( not talking about mdi levels of group coordination) .

Mm is still far ahead from some specs

i think shaman might be compared to hunters, since they wear mail armors

You need about 8-10 mobs to already see the huge gap in aoe. If you can’t outdps underperformers in aoe that’s not because your class isn’t overtuned but because you’re not playing it well.

Survival hunters and destro ends up with 21k overall meanwhile the rest of us are stuck at 15-17k tops.

You don’t need an mdi pull for that.

I specifically said crater to emphasize a point.

I have not done a dungeon this season where I am not comfortably the top DPS on overall, but to truly experience the embarrassingly imbalanced gaps you need to do higher keys and freaky pulls.

Still would rather see underperformers buffed to make this season more amusing instead of constantly trying to drag outliers down, I’d love it if I could play affliction in keys and be in the range of an average spec.

I’d also like to remind you that we had 2 seasons of the exact same meta in m+, with unholy DKs getting displaced by the utility and damage bringing rogues, meanwhile warlocks were nowhere to be seen, distinctly average and just a budget mage in many regards.

Why can’t people just advocate for fun all around instead of the misery loves company way of thinking? Nerfing things in a literal :clown_face: joke season is embarrassing.

Edit: typo.

2 Likes