Addon like Altoholic

Anyone know of a similar addon to Altoholic. It seems to have stopped working and I’m looking for a replacement that tracks what you’ve got on alts etc.

What’s not working with Altoholic?
Only asking out of curiosity, since I am using the addon myself and haven’t ran into any errors that break it. Need to have a ton of the datastore-plugins installed too though.

1 Like

Altoholic working fine for me, been playing today with no problems, However TSM was dowb at some point

If you open it, does it actually work for you?

It’s just a bunch of minus symbols for me and doesn’t work anymore.

My friend has the same issue.

1 Like

Yes. Works perfectly.

Altoholic v10.1.005 by Thaoky

Does not work for me :frowning: so looking for an alternative.

This stopped working for me a long time ago too.

I (think) this is the addon where I’d mouseover an item and it would tell me that I have x quantity on one character and y on another.

I did stop working completely for me sometime during Shadowlands, similar to what you describe, but I think all I did was to nuke the specific Altoholic.lua files from World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables and re-index them (read: logging in alts again)

You might need to have Datastore (also by Thaoky) also installed.

1 Like

I am using Armory. Sometimes it can bug out when u need to check ur alts quests. Some LUA errors every now an then, but they are not common. Recommend it strongly!

1 Like

I had everything so looking for an alternative now. Glad it’s working for you though.

Don’t think there are any alternatives out.

Its probably another add-on creating conflicts for you or a file/data got corrupted. Have you tried deleting both data and add-on and performed a fresh install?

Suggesting it since it is working without errors for me.

1 Like

Have you tried SavedInstances?

I tried Altoholic and hated how complex it was, meanwhile SavedInstances with a small bit of configuration which characters you want to see and which activities/currencies/world bosses/etc. you want to track is literally a SpreadSheet on the screen that you can mouseover and instantly find out who has a Sha of Anger lockout or how many bosses of X raid on Y difficulty are done for that character.

3 Likes

When Altoholic flakes out, just delete its data files. Then log in to each of your alts to repopulate the data.

Delete (or, to be safe, rename or move) the files

Altoholic.lua
and
all DataStore*.lua
in your

WTF\Account<your_account>\SavedVariables

directory.

I’ve had to do this three or four times over the years.

1 Like

Thanks I might try that tomorrow too.

I am missing it :rofl:

Sadly the issue remains. But it was worth a try.

2 Likes

not 100% sure what that addons does, but you can try altvault

1 Like

Hmm. That has always worked for me, when it went squirrelly.

The addon works. It is working perfectly for me right now. 10.1.005

In https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/altoholic/comments I see people talking about having disabled dependencies. Perhaps that is worth a look?

1 Like

maybe you somehow unticked the other database addons it depends on ?

I’ve removed them all, added them all back and that issue persists. I’ve not had a chance to reinstall it yet again and try the suggestion to disable the dependencies.

2 Likes

Sadly no, altoholic works fine here tho!

had to uninstall it as loading 50 alts almost crashes my game half the time when i hover over items :laughing:

1 Like