Addressing Population Concerns in WoW Classic

“We’re going to continue that process over the first few weeks until eventually we will collapse down, we promise we will do this, to a single world per realm, no sharding, none of this going forward. We know that needs to happen before we do something like turn on the world bosses for example. When we have Kazzak and Azuregos, there needs to only be ONE Kazzak ever and if the entire server wants to fight over it and kill each other for 5 hours, that’s what they should do. The answer can never be just have a second Kazzak, if we do that it’s not classic.”

“Each layer has it’s own independent spawn timers… This way, a dominant guild wouldn’t kill him and then layer-hop to kill him again.”

NEVER FORGET:

“There will never be layering after Phase 1, period.” ~ Ion Hazzikostas

#BodyIsTooSimilar_Towhat_you_recently_posted

18 Likes

Oh no they were not able to predict corona and massive influx of people stuck at home with nothing else to do than play video games. Nvm ur from mandate of *******

3 Likes

Game is unplayable when there are 100+ players in the same zone. But hey, lets focus on queues so that we can grab as much money as possible from subs instead of actually making a good, playable game.

8 Likes

alright if you’re not giving us an authentic experience please start by removing batching

2 Likes

That would be to much to ask for

There are design issues from having lower cap as well, people have difficulty finding groups and guilds on such realms. It all kind of points to the cap in classic being too low compared to what players prefer.

Sounds like you jelly :wink: Big tauren boi

Is this Deleeeniiiiaaaaaa ?

Imagine thinking those are even comparable. But hey, armchair experts in a nutshell.

1 Like

Layering allows multiple spawns of mob, resources, players taking the piss, how about allowing transfers to low pops.

I am an flamelash, have you guys forgotten that server? how about you fix those also, merge servers anytime soon? or are you still waiting on the cash cow of us transfers multiply chars - keep waiting.

Why i am on a whine fest, increase lotus spawns already, we have chars transfering here to take back to there own server. We have hording of lotus so low sales 150 gold + a lotus.

The difference between original wow and classic was not everyone raided, big news Blizzard, everyone raids now…help us out will ya.

1 Like

I don’t think Ion, Omar or any of the other devs we saw on stage and in beta work on classic anymore. It was just a Nostalgia project to have fun with.
Blizzard does not give a damn about Classic, It’s just another tab where people see advertisement for the newest mount and the next expansion.

10k bots = $130k a month

Blizzard literally said that they PROMISE layering would only be used at launch for a limited time. That’s the actual word they used.

Promise

“No sharding. None of that going forward”

“If we do that it’s not classic”

3 Likes

its not the end of the world friendos; go get some fresh air

1 Like

I’m whoever you wanna be big guy :wink:

I would rather have 12h queues than layers

4 Likes

I quit. You made a promise. You broke the promise. I can never trust you again

1 Like

#RemoveLayers ! I’d also prefer queue times over layers. Layers ruin the game, and makes this game feel like something else than WoW classic, the vanilla experience that we initially wanted…

1 Like

What a joke. Either transfer or accept the queues.
Dont trick people into transfering and then offer layering for the clowns that refuse to transfer

1 Like

Layering is a testament to Blizzards failure if they re-implement it.

Instead of taking each real issue and dealing with it by it’s own merits they simply want to put more people on each realm but split them up into different layers.

This does not fix bots.
This does not fix lag.
This does not fix spawnrates on Black Lotus, Plaguebloom and other non-instances materials.
This does not fix server balance.

Layering is a lazy, game breaking design flaw that is once again being trust upon us.

Possible solutions that will prove effective:

Add dynamic respawn on resources in world (lots of topics on this already) and increase the number of nodes. This will allow for servers with higher populations to behave the same as small servers in terms of resource per player.

Have some hands on people manually banning bots (i can at any point type in “Stratholme” and see who the bots are). It’s insanely easy to spot the majority of them. Ban bots for 6 months or permaban. No short duration bans.

Only allow free transfers from heavily populated realms faction specific. Show the number of people who are able to transfer and only allow them to be faction specific. Merge “dead” realms with other “dead” realms but only if the faction allows it, eg; A30/H70 could get merged with an A70/H30.

Lag is more complex to deal with. The approach is not the same as pservers (which I wish it was) and tbh, i think it’s too late to try that sort of approach atm anyway. Currently the method pservers like Elysium, Northdale used are just vasly superior for the player experience. I do not have a direct solution for this, however if the other issues are addressed accordingly, then this will also make lag a little more forgivable at the very least… even if its not ever going to be acceptable.

Layering, is NOT the answer. It is absolutely game breaking. So many of my interactions are going to be destroyed if this is implemented (and apparently it already has been on my server, Golemagg). I feel like Blizzard is trying really hard to destroy their game guys…

Edit: this is going to cause massive problems with buffing on my realm.

4 Likes