Addressing Population Concerns in WoW Classic

On the topic of how this affects world bosses you said the following on the US forums:

Each layer has its own independent spawn timers. So when Kazzak or Azuregos decides to spawn on one layer, it doesn’t affect the other layer at all. This way, a dominant guild wouldn’t kill him, and then layer-hop to kill him again.

So there are two options here; either you are ignorant or you are straight up lying. And let me say this: You’re pretty out of touch with how this game works if you believe this statement is true.

On my server, adding layers will (apart from ruining the economy and making the world feel more disconnected of course) basically only feed more loot to the people that we’re already scouting world bosses 24/7. This is not 2005, if you don’t believe people actually do that, go check for yourself. I know we will have a scout in all layers no matter how many you plan to add.

Great job, thanks blizz!

i have no friends irl.
and now
i dont have any friends ingame.
they are all LAYERED

Thanks blizzard.

1 Like

Arhahahahaha! WoW: The Sitcom

Wish they had just used nost core to run classic instead of porting to legion…

1 Like

I think the better solution would have been/is to merge the low pop realms in order to bring up the population of those realms, I guess the reason most people dont want to transfer is due to the lack of players.

While layering the 4hr queue realms are fine, it feels like this is a step in the wrong direction.

1 Like

…too little, too late… servers are already destroyed due to paid character transfers and locking off way… way… way too late… thanks for that

1 Like

blizztard you inbred retards

2 Likes

And how long will this “character creation restriction” stay? People have friends who wants to play with them on the servers they are on, who have yet not created a character on the server.

3 Likes

i rather take layering than sit in queue for 2hours after i get home from work

1 Like

Have you considered banning botters more than once every 6-12 months? While a couple of hundred bots per realm is only a small part of the queue problem, it would help reduce the queues.

1 Like

Great, so you’re breaking server economy and creating literally dead zones which will only be filled by bots.

Well fuuuing played… It’s “smart” on-the-spot solutions like these along with all the other crap that you introduced that put me off playing.

Revert this stupid change please and just fix your netcode and server specs instead.

2 Likes

Biggest mistake you’ve ever made. Pathetic.

6 Likes

Tbh I never expected classic to have a lifetime this long and maintaining population as well as it has been. The game is fantastic, it’s not the game that will make people quit it. It’s Blizzard, you’re ruining classic. How on earth could private servers do it better than you? World PvP is and will remain unplayable because as soon as 100 players are in the same area the game completely lags out. fix batching, make world pvp playable… nvm, someone just make Nostalrius 2.0 already why even expect anything at all from Blizzard

1 Like

Transfer. Layers shouldn’t even be on the table.

2 Likes

Screw is loose
Normal person: I’ll use a screwdriver to fix that!
Blizzard: Where did I put my hammer?

4 Likes

So you are saying that a French team of 5 developers solved this problem in Nostalrius with thousand of players in area, and you can’t solve this problem and hardware doesn’t solve it ? Maybe it’s time to rewrite your message algorithm.

1 Like

thenk you mr blizzar for this awesome classic experience!

This seems fine.
Thank you.

Great classic experience Blizzard… How about you fix some real problems instead. Get rid of Botters instead of transforming classic into a second retail.

1 Like