Adjust drop chance of Edgemaster's Handguards NOW

On many servers they cost up to 5k gold. Population and social factors have led Edgemaster’s Handguards being much more scarce than it was in original WoW. This is completely agaist spirit of vanilla WoW and needs to be changed so the item is as easily obtainable as in original WoW.

1 Like

beep beep Found a salty Black Lotus hoarder here beep beep. End of transmission.

26 Likes

But a bigger population also means more edgemasters?:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

7 Likes

could hjave bought it for 500 gold at the start. didnt do it? too bad

Its costs 5k only because of all gold farmers and bots. So either increase drop chance 100 times so they cost 50g like in vanilla or give us some passive income from daily bouties so we can fight bots making gold 24/7.

1 Like

farm them in sunken temple the dropchance isnt that bad

Yea you can get them with 5 bots farming ST for week.

I only had to kill 5000 Borers in Mara for mine to drop!

Or just roll human / orc.

every borer = 1 gold :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No. More players = more potential looters, there is no need to nerf this.
It’s already nerfed.

I had one drop for me, In Vanilla!

They only sold for 1500g, I feel ripped off now.

Damn you and your logic!

The only reason it cost so low in Vanilla is because the majority of people didn’t know how good it was. Heck, one of my guildies managed to snatch one from AH for 50g too in early September (which is a good sign, since it means we actually had fresh blood into Classic)^^

Facetious points aside, you can’t apply the same logic to world drops as you do to Black Lotus, because world drops can’t be monopolized by a few dedicated gatherers, and the amount “produced” by the server is more or less directly proportional to the population (more ppl = more mobs killed = more world drops). Whereas Black Lotus has a fixed supply and is easily camped so what results is a dangerous combination of monopoly + increased demands that sends prices through the roof.

Heck, if ALL the Black Lotus that were being held for value (rather than for use) had always hit the AH, prices wouldn’t have been as bad as they’re now. The problem was caused by hoarders - just look at how many hit the market as soon as the panic selling began. Those definitely were NOT Black Lotus that were being saved for personal consumption^^ I mean, I had over 50 BL in my bank and I haven’t rushed to sell any single one.

In vanilla there was way more people leveling in 49-52 vs people raiding than it is nowdays. Item was much more common back then. Its exact same as Black Lotus price.

What are you saying ? There is much more players leveling alts than in Vanilla. Much more players per servers, much more players spamming dungeons (where the drop chance is higher) etc…

Stop your nonsense. The game is already easy enought.

Everyone here is Q.Q to make it more and more easier but no one want to make it “harder” to recreate the original experience.

Every caster can have flask now so why not Edgemasters for all warriors? Seems fair to me.

I don’t see how the population affects Edgemasters Handguards, which are on a dynamic drop rate, i.e. the more that players kill stuff, the more they drop.

Let’s say Edgemasters drop from every 1 in 1000 mobs killed, and for example each player kills 1 mob a day.

On a low pop 2,000 player server, 2 edgemasters drop per day.
On a high pop 20,000 player server, 20 edgemasters drop per day.

Population is irrelevant.

Unlike, the Black Lotus which is on the same single node spawns regardless of how many people are trying to get them.

tl;dr - there is competition for black lotus, there is no competition for edgemasters.

1 Like

It’s not more scarce? More sought after, sure. But more sought after due to social factors, not population…

Nice try tho.

1 Like

Because that isn’t the same. Flasks are available to everyone and always have been, edgemasters are essential for warriors playing off-races (i.e non-orcs and non-humans). The price is so high because people know how good they are. They’re an item that the best player aim for, not one that everyone aims for.