[ADRP] What do you think is wrong with Horde RP?

Well, may as well go full circle with this, so… What do you think makes Horde RP sink, not exactly to the extent as the Alliance, But compared to other expacs,etc.

mathew lawson

35 Likes

yeah that’s true

18 Likes

Early rebel role play yeah I said it !!!

Edit: Not admitting to rebel role play on top

17 Likes

too many guilds run by the same group of people

18 Likes

elyrius aminor

4 Likes

ex RAF combat pilots/police death squad dispatchers

7 Likes

And here we start with the PCU challenge! Everytime someone’s thoughts is something PCU related. Take a shot!

Note: This isn’t against them, please don’t arrest me.

2 Likes

the rot guard wont let me call the warchief a nerd

19 Likes

Grim Gang is all that’s wrong with horde RP…

But it feels so right :weary: :ok_hand:

10 Likes

i hate you i hate you I HATE YOU

6 Likes

get dunked on loser

Me :sunglasses:

17 Likes

…You lot don’t make this easy do you…

:beer:

Okay let’s listen to :carbek: for now

6 Likes

What I find wrong with Horde RP is the same reason I migrated to Zandalari RP until the whole thing blows over.

The story for the Horde is so bad and so slow.

It’s because of the Horde’s story that the RP is split. Back in the day, you are normally told there’s all kinds of Horde RP but mostly guild based. These days, someone took the Horde to the chopping board and split the community in two - in more ways than one.

The short answer is ‘pro Sylvanas gamers vs The Rebels™.’ You have the former hanging out in Orgrimmar to this day while the rebels are out and about from The Northern Barrens, to… Winterspring AFAIK. It sounds reasonable enough but when the two come together, it is the worst roleplay experience to behold.

People start getting wound up OOC because ‘someone is metagaming,’ ‘you won’t accept consequences for your actions,’ ‘tauren/orcs don’t act that way’ or ‘I don’t want my character to end up this way.’

So not only is Horde RP split due to IC circumstances, but these two concepts cannot co-exist without someone getting antsy about something OOC. Furthermore, the story has been so slow, so we’ll be expecting to put up with this for another patch after Rise of Azshara. Guaranteed.

34 Likes

Honor RPers

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard of that apparently GMs pressure their guild into retconning or voiding entire encounters ? Hm

8 Likes

It’s terrible. It truly is.

In a perfect world, roleplayers from either concept should see one another as a ying and a yang. But as far as I’m aware, the rebels just do some lonely nomad roleplay while the pro-Sylvanas gamers-… I believe I’ll leave this point to my main man, Plutarch.

“When he saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer.”

2 Likes

Insert joke about that horde rp doesnt exist

But for a geniuene anwser, what I found a bit frustrating when rping horde-side was when you ran into people who were basically just Alliance/stormwind rpers, aka “green humans”. If you go horde you might as well embrace the race’s identities and often more tribalistic(unless elf or deadites) style rather than litterally your average human knight rper, but an orc model.

4 Likes