[A/Event] Shen'dralar Gathering

If you play a Shen’dralar Highborne once obedient of Prince Tortheldrin and who lived in Eldre’Thalas/Dire Maul until the Horde raided the place and slew the Prince, they might receive the following letter. However, if it’s common knowledge the character has abandonded their Highborne heritage and/or given up the arcane magic, they probably wouldn’t receive one.

Honored <Title/Name>,

Too long have we Shen’dralar been splintered by testing years. If you haven’t turned your back on what we are, the honor of your company is requested at a gathering to remediate our lost contact with one another.

While I’m regretful the benevolent Archmage Evenshade is most likely unable to join us, I earnestly summon a meeting at the top of Estulan’s tower in Feralas on the thirtyfirst of October, at nightfall.

The favour of a reply regarding your attendance is requested before the night of the gathering.

The Highborne shall prevail,
Serafier Winterflow

The purpose of this small, simple-format event is to help Shend’ralar Highborne characters connect, and to perhaps reach out to each other in the future for one reason or another. For example I myself might have a couple mini adventures or interactions in mind for later in which I might like to involve a couple other Highborne characters, but it depends entirely on the impression they leave on my toons and their occupation or specialization with magic.

The event focuses on unhurried introductions and the characters sharing what they’ve been up to since the Highborne were reintegrated into the wider night elf society, as well as speaking about their current occupation. Edit: If the scourge invasions have begun before the event, the focus of the discussions will probably shift towards them.

Please send the letter responses In-Game to Serafier. Looking forward to making some new IC acquaintances!

Date: Saturday 31st October
Time: 20:00 Game Time

If you’d like to share some tidbits the other Shen’dralar might know about your Highborne prior the meeting, feel free to post about it on the forum thread.

For example some tidbits the other Shen’dralar might know about Serafier:

Serafier Winterflow is a former Prince Tortheldrin loyalist with a distant poise, and an ambitious artifact collector / artificer with a tireless interest in arcane engineering / reforging. She joined the Shen’daralar in the aftermath of the War of the Ancients and has at least two known sons (Reikh’aris and Dalathir) and a daughter (Acrona). All the family members are known to be extremely pale - perhaps the trait has something to do with the family name.

For those interested in the Shen’dralar Highborne as a potential roleplay concept:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shen%27dralar

30 Likes

This looks interesting, a shame Mithralles abandoned his Quel’dorei heritage many eons ago and thus never became involved with the Shen’dralar of Eldre’thalas (except for using his twin brothers mansion as a storage for his junk since the Cataclysm).

Nonetheless consider this a bump and a stamp of approval towards the Shen’dralar Quel’dorei who fought, bled and died alongside their Kaldorei kin in the War of Thorns

1 Like

I’m certain that this will be exciting, I shan’t be attending due to my smelly fel nature. However, I’ll probably observe from the sidelines, I’m certain it will be fantastic. I look forward to seeing the screenshots that arise from this event!

Along with the potential for future plots and storylines.

2 Likes

Thank you! And perhaps we’ll see you at the [A/Event] Moonball Tournament in Feralas instead, which is open to a much wider audience!

Cheers! I’m looking forward to the prospect of potential future interactions that might grow out of this event, or even just characters recognizing and acknowledging some fellow Highborne.

4 Likes

You have no idea how much I have been waiting for this. Thank you for arranging nelf-related events Acrona, much appriciated <3

You have no idea how much I have been waiting for this. Thank you for arranging nelf-related events Acrona, much appriciated <3

2 Likes

Always nice to see Acrona-events. She knows her stuff! Best of luck!!

1 Like

Cool event made by even cooler person.

Not a Shen’dralar so I can only offer best of wishes.

3 Likes

I am looking really, really, really forward to this!

7 Likes

I have just written my letter to Serafier as to my presence at the Gathering of Highborne! So if all goes well and nothing weird comes up in reallife, I will be able to attend! :smiley:

As for some tidbits on Mori;
Once fiercely loyal to Prince Tortheldrin, when the Horde invaded Eldre’thalas and murdered his Prince, the loyalty he once held for the Prince he now holds for Archmage Evenshade. Having joined the Shen’dralar several hundred years before the War of the Ancients, he has been among them for more then 10,000 years

He enjoys teaching new generations of Highborne. He’s a master enchanter and capable tailor; often combining the two skills into something more usefull. He has several children who’s fate are unknown, alongside more distant relatives amongst the High and Blood Elves. He has a twin who has forsaken his Highborne roots and a cousin amongst the Shal’dorei of Suramar.

really jealous of your name!

6 Likes

Super excited for this as I conceived an idea for a shen’dralar highbourne when I saw the new customisation, and now she’s here and definitely attending! I wrote my letter to Serafier quite late last night (couldn’t sleep xD ) but I thought I’d post Things You Might Know About Meluscine at a more reasonable hour, so here goes:

• Meluscine and her father, Cereldryn both have no surname, as he was discovered as a baby strapped to a hippogryph, landing in Eldre’thalas amidst the chaos of the war of the ancients
    -Her father was known for his magical aptitude, rising through the social ranks on the back of it, and his daughter was quiet and studious whenever seen together, in great contrast to his outgoing nature
    -Meluscine left Eldre’thalas just after the Cataclysm, and joined the kirin tor to study undersea leylines
    -Her father, the more known figure amoung the community, passed away recently, spurring her to wish to return home
3 Likes

I already sent the IC confirmation through the mail that Ryja will be present for the meeting. As far as things that other Highborne may know the Silverwood family from:

• The Silverwood House was a renowed family of ice sculpters, and their true-to-life work was present at many Highorne balls, festivities or other gatherings where the host/hostess commissioned them to craft something.

• The House was relatively small in size and influence, but was leading in the school of cryomancy, pushing it to new levels of artistry.

• Ryja was part of the Kirin Tor force sent to Darkshore when the Horde invaded, and helped create a shield around Lor’Danel, along with a portal to the Exodar for the civilians to evacuate with. People who were part of the event chain that happened at the time, may remember seeing her. Since then she has left the Kirin Tor in order to fight the Horde in retaliation.

• She is currently employed in an investigations unit of the Alliance High Command and has been for many years now, even going so far as to have built an estate in Elwynn Forest, moving her family and servants there, and she has integrated herself proper in Stormwind City among the humans.

Thank you for organising this, and I am looking forward to the event. Ryja will be there with bells and whistles.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the comments and leaving some tidbits, guys! I also really like the in-character letters so far sent to Serafier from characters confirming their attendance.

4 Likes

Sent my IC reply a few moments ago to confirm my attendance on the 31st. The following details information about my character that people, namely Highborne, would perhaps be privy to.

• An’zorath is from the House of Moonspire, and old house that resided in a spire overlooking the city of Kel’Theril in Winterspring, which is also the namesake of their house; Moonspire.

• The House produced a number of fine Magus’s and politicians, of which An’zorath was. Namely, a Councilor whom performed political endeavors, and oversaw important judiciary duties in Kel’Theril.

• Resided with the Shen’dralar following the Sundering for a short two millenia before departing for Winterspring. Citing a solitary living to be a more desireable existence at the time. Was known as a punctual and serious individual to whom would come of as very cold as he never once smiled.

• Has since taken part in many conflicts where the Kaldorei and Highborne are concerned. While his current whereabouts is largely unknown, it could be assumed that he has taken residence in the former spire that was his families namesake. Ruined yes, but largely untouched when compaired to the great ruins of their once great kingdom.

I am looking forward to this gathering. While I am not overly familiar with the scene, I can see that their is a great deal of commitment and passion involved.

3 Likes

I’ve sent my IC letter in, confirming Lady Tanaria Silvershade’s attendance.
Some information about her:

• Lady Silvershade was born to Isildien, South of Eldre’Thalas and joined the Shen’dralar when she was of age.

• She maintains a list of…associates across Azeroth and is well aquainted to many of the cities across Azeroth…namely Silvermoon, Suramar and of course, Eldre’Thalas.

• She also carries a small bit of humor, but still maintains the aura of a Highborne. She is very prideful of her status and it’s quite clear when she talks of “lowborn” things.

4 Likes

Finally got around to replying IC, so here’s a few tidbits about the Shan’lazal legacy!

• House Shan’lazal is an ancient one, stretching back in Zin’azshari (formally Elun’dris) beyond memory.
  • Notably those in the families lineage are known for their twilight locks, echoing the last light of the day.
  • Shan’lazal is not their only family name. The first born of each generation has the prefix “Azrae” as apart of their first name. Azraedine’s grandfather, Lord Azraede II, oversaw the building of their northern estate within the city, living much of his later life within the mountainous grounds.
  • After the cities purge, only Azraedine remained of her family within the remnants of the Shen’dralar, her days filled with cataloguing artefacts and rare tomes.
3 Likes

excited highborne noises

3 Likes

According to the IC letters we have +12 attendees for the gathering, which is a great number for such a niche concept. If you haven’t sent a response to Serafier yet, please do so!

Looking forward to tomorrow.

4 Likes

I have no idea if you have heard, Acrona, but Moridunum (sadly :<) has quit WoW for the time bieng.

Alright, thanks for letting us know!