Afflicted feedback

Last boss of Halls of Infusion I got 2 afflicted spawning when I was in submerge alone

I can’t see the afflicted health bars/cast bars (could be a plater issue)

1 Like

My honest feedback: It’s bring the class not the player. It’s dependent on the group and total garbage. Even thundering was more fun than this bull****

3 Likes

sure dude…

lets say you are bringing a lust and a brez class…

brez:
dk
druid
pala
wl

2/4
can deal with afflicted

lust:
shaman
hunter
evoker
mage

3/4 can deal with afflicted

you also need to invite a healer:
5/5
can deal with afflicted

you have to be trying really hard to make a group had has not at least 2 people that can deal with it.

if you invite 4 warriors to your group, well your group will be terrible no matter the affix.

and yes it is very restrictive no matter the affix to put warrior/ dk/rogue in the same group, which frankly you shouldnt do at the moment but mostly never did anyways beside yolo keys. at this point i would give warri a soothe, brez or lust to fix group comp issues of classes being left out

The setting is connected to friendly NPC HP bars… But this shouldn’t be necessary. The whole concept of having to select a friendly NPC in a mass of mobs by clicking it is absurd.

1 Like

Useless post as I was totally right and you are wrong. The nerfed the affix incorporeal already and this was not as bad as afflicted.

Afflicted will see nerfs for sure

Affixes should NEVER be so dependent on a group composition.

It’s straight up garbage game design

2 Likes

Bloodlust effect for warriors would make sense. They got all these warcry buffs, so one could simply give bloodlust. Ofc it should be named “ZUG ZUG”.

1 Like

Today, i ran a 19 FH, where we had a Prot Pala and a Moonkin, technically more then enough to deal with them right? Guess what not once did they deal with the affix and i had to deal with it Solo and to befair, it was not even a challange, Dispell one and Heal the other.

1 Renewing Mist and 1 Vifiy was pretty much all it took to top these Things, so you can sure deal with them alone as a Healer, BUT it being a Freehold and there isn’t all that much to dispell i would say i got it easy.

1 Like

just because you say you are right doesnt make it right.
ever came to your mind that you are just bad and others can deal with it more easily?

incorporeal was worse as you could blow all ccs on 1 add and then have cd for second add thqt nobody can deal with. you also need to insta cast cc that has a cast time to make sure it doesnt get a cast off, if you have to move it makes it even harder.
afflicted you use 1 gcd that has no cast yime
but yes afflicted is so much harder because you trying hard to avoid any classes that can deal with the mechanic.

dk tank
wl
warri
dh
r druid

you dont think this is a terrible group no matter which week?
guess you blame everything on the game anyways

the literal fact that they nerfed it already shows that the majority of the playerbase and even blizz does not agree with you, so yes. I’m way more right than you.

Not being able to deal with this affix and being benched by this horrible community is straight up bad game design.

1 Like

From a healer perspective it’s horrendous! Usually falls on me to deal with both adds plus deal with everything else that normally goes on in a M+. So I have to dispel one and heal the other, losing focus on everyone else.

Terrible affix. delete it and replace with something else. Anything else…

2 Likes

Having just tanked my first key this week, I’d say it isn’t a good idea to rely on the tank to be able to dispel them during fortified trash pulls. In some pulls, and certainly on bosses, it’s fine to stop focusing on what the mobs are doing for a moment to dispel the affix add, but sometimes there’s just too much going on. Especially if it’s a difficult pull or dps have popped CDs on pull and you’re trying to hold aggro. (Not saying that the tank can’t do any, and I dispelled more than the healer in the key I just did, but relying on it will sometimes be asking the tank to choose between dispelling the add and dying.)

And so is Healer from time to time, specially if we are talking about certain fights/Dungeons, like Brackenhide for example, having to dispell the Posion + the Afflicted mob is kinda meh.

Well, then, that’s an additional challenge for the tank, who has to deal with the situation I described above AND choose between dispelling the add or dispelling the poison from himself.

Any dispel should get rid of them. That would increase the number of classes that can deal with them.

Pretty much 100% the Add, Paladin is very, very, very unlikely to die to that, with stuff like Bubble or Magic BoP.

We could make the Argument for Add or a DPS who can’t dispell himself.

I’ll remember that, and make sure I prio the add in that situation. When I die to all the other damage I’m taking on top of the poison ticks, I’ll point the rest of the group to this thread so they can flame you for the ruined key :slight_smile:

We healers dont need our dispells, we just keep them for the affix that you can’t target, and sure we will heal the other affix, as we don’t have anything else to do in a dungeon than to search fox affix totems and to heal them. Ah, right, we could just ignore them and say its a dps thing to help as its just a haste debuff. Right, because healing doesn’t require any haste.

Im going on strike on those weeks now. Ask blizzard where all the healers are. Please bring back explosives. Compared with this explosives are chill.

1 Like

Affix is overally poorly designed. Disregarding that not all classes can deal with it.

• Visual is awful. Need weakaura to even notice them half the time, especially when they spawn far behind your character.
  • Dealing with them as a tank is just awful. On some pulls I can’t spare the GCD, or I risk dying or losing aggro.

The whole affix could have been a player debuff instead. Heal them to full (or X amount of healing), or dispel them within 10 seconds, or they debuff everyone with the haste reduction. This way the debuff would show up on the UI/party frames, and we wouldn’t have to look for translucent mobs without nameplates…

2 Likes

Yet their entire purpose is to change group comps each week to prevent classes feeling like a bad choice.

Yes. Yes they should lol.

The only overthought regarding afflicted and incorperal is simply the fact these affixs go off during boss fights.

Because it proves how limited fights have to be when affixs running them during it, HoI last boss with the throw is a good representation of that issue.

Interesting. For me a holy shock + word of glory + light of the martyr was not enough. I need crits or it is not going to happen.

1 Like

yea because blizzard has good track history of being right with changes as well right?
i mean they even nerf lfr for the people who play without keyboard an mouse.

what did they nerf about afflicted? i only saw a change for dks and warriors for incorporeal