After 14y we still cannot understand the others!

Garithos spirit told me your the traitors.

2 Likes

I know lol was being silly :wink:

1 Like

Ooooooooh! Sorry …blonde moment x.x

1 Like

Just buy a bunch of these!

But why are eveyone able to understand eachother in the cinematics and cutscenes but not in game hmmm.
Would be funny if they just mumbled jibberish at eachother in the cinematics tho :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

cough RIP cross-rp cough

1 Like

Were they saying someone was being “salty”? Crisps are salty, I don’t understand how that can apply to a person.

1 Like

Isn’t that why you have a potion to drink. So that cross faction rp is possible?

1 Like

Pot calling the kettle black.

it was a joke…teenagers are often known for speaking a different language that usually sounds like gibberish to the older generation…:slight_smile:

I’m not sure I want to understand the opposite faction sometimes. :laughing:

I like it… I can say kinky things to them as 5 jump on me at once and they can’t understand :wink:

Add b-tag, make communities/social groups, use the potion or play a race which shares the same language ( i think that works still.). stop ruining my immersion this is an MMORPG

According to the lore? Sure! People in Warcraft communicate across all the time.

The language barrier was created so that you can’t understand the other faction. It makes them more annoying, more hated, and less relatable. This was a deliberate design goal to encourage you to dislike the other faction. They don’t want you talking with them like you’re best buddies working together on divving up quest mobs in an area - they want you to fight over and be obnoxious to each other.

Also, being able to speak to enemy players could invite very nasty language. They’d rather you be annoying in an in-game immersive way by occupying the area as opposed to having you whisper them and tell them nasty messages about their mother and sex organs.

They gave this potion for RP events where it’s been pre-organised such that you know what you’re both up to already, which is why the potion allows you to understand others, instead of letting you speak their language.

I hope that answers it better.

Crazy idea…but.

What if this was turned on (so we can understand each other) on RP / PvE realms, but, turned off whenever PvP was happening? (BG, arena, war mode).

Tho, dunno how this will work if you are on a PvE realm and run pass some guards from the other faction or if you type /PvP, will seems random that you suddenly lose the ability to speak to the other faction cuz of a guard poke’ed you, unless we can say that PvP mode is a “stress mode” in this case and you dont wanna talk to the other faction while this is going on.

Still…<.<…>.>

If i wanted to speak to the other faction (small lines of word), i use my pets, calling them something…/hello player, /followme player, /point at pet x3 “rare” “this” “way”, it normal helps :smiley:

If you really wish to speak to them about something that take a bit longer to type or explain, a fast Bnet invitation goes a long way.

Still…

PvE server = both faction are helping each other, had been cool to be able to speak to em aswell…

FOR AZEROTH!

It would make sense on RP realms, I can see that working.

I know! I was just giving an example of the jibberish to continue the joke. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean sure but it’s such a hassle :frowning:

• it’s not even nearly as private as the addon was.
    edit: idk why it turned into a bulletpoint

Before I was thinking the same thing, why can’t we understand the other faction, makes no sense.

But now I’m just happy that isn’t the case, simply because how incredibly toxic the online world has become. And players have no filter what so ever, if given the opportunity they’ll be the most vile, toxic players you can imagine.

So I’m glad the filter is in place today. Else I would have to put one in myself and mute everything when I’m not in a major city.

I always assumed that the “language barrier” was there to kinda enforce the faction angst; everyone understands common, but the Horde just wouldn’t want to talk to the average Alliance player. Alliance just don’t know Orcish.

It’s not the best solution but it kinda explains how the Horde can understand Alliance and/or common-speakers while the Alliance can understand certain Horde characters, right?

1 Like