[A/H-RP] A Warning to the Alliance

UPDATE: Thunderbraid is brought to Ironforge on Wednesday 29th of April at 8PM server time.

In the afternoon, a pamphlet slowly begins to circulate around the noticeboards in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. At the same time, rough-looking figures of various races start prowling the streets in the two cities to hand out more copies and spread the pamphlet’s message. The contents are sure to travel further than major cities eventually, albeit primarily by word of mouth.

A Warning to the Alliance

We stand at the tip of the Horde spear. We embody vengeance; we are justice personified. We exist to tear down the walls of our enemy, until they stop protecting and covering for the cretins that actively try to sabotage any semblance of peace! The Alliance signed the armistice, yet lack the ability – nay – the will to control their own troops! The elves and their worgen allies attack the Horde at every opportunity, then scurry behind stone walls under the pretense that they are untouchable, that this agreement between our factions keeps them safe.

Consider this a warning. We will not rest until the Alliance respects their own signatures. We will not sleep until everyone, young and old, can do so peacefully. Until we need not fear waking up to an arrow lodged in the skulls of our loved ones. We have captured and beaten the former dwarven general, Grannd Thunderbraid. He is to be the first example in a long line of warmongers, the first to find out what happens when you do not uphold your end of the bargain. We will not kill him – we do not desire his death. But should our demands not be met, there will be others, other targets, and we will not be as lenient with them.

We demand that all elves and worgen, all members of this “Black Moon” cease all hostilities and give themselves over to the appropriate authorities. We demand that the druid, Nerathion Vinebranch, is apprehended for his heinous crimes against the Horde and for his part in the slaughter of a Darkspear at this year’s Lunar Festival. We demand that the members of the Seventh Legion responsible for burning the homes of the vulpera in Vol’dun are incarcerated, until they can be properly reprimanded for their actions. Furthermore, we demand that all Alliance cities stop shielding the night elf aggressors. If Stormwind desires peace, they are to refuse any and all requests for assistance from the night elf and worgen people, so long as these two races continue their unprovoked assaults against the Horde.

This is your ONLY warning. On the 29th of this month, outside the gates of Ironforge, we will return Grannd Thunderbraid to the Alliance as a show of good faith. Do not mistake this for kindness. If the Alliance does not comply, others will meet a fate far worse than the former general’s.

We are the Spear of Vengeance; we protect the Horde.

https://i.imgur.com/8nmpf9s.png

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/240144

40 Likes

Ah Thunderbraid… that’s a name I haven’t heard in literal years. I must be out of the loop quite badly. Glad he’s still around.

…If beaten and bloodied in this case.

4 Likes

#Justice4Krasarang

Remember Pandaria!

Good luck folks and I’m eager to hear how returning him to IF will work out!

3 Likes

Some us will be around on both Alliance and Horde tonight, spreading these pamphlets IC. Feel free to approach if you see us around!

You can keep him, we’re not interested.

13 Likes

Who?

… in ten characters

3 Likes

:angel::blush:

im innocent i swear

15 Likes

where’s grelind when I need him

4 Likes

Killing criminal horde defectors isn’t a crime don’t worry mate

5 Likes

Having taken it under consideration, the Lionheart have decided you can keep Thunderbraid.

• Lt. Konrad Everby, Lionheart.
2 Likes

This can’t be the Thunderbraid I know. If it was he’d drive through the Orgrimmar walls in his tank.

12 Likes

A bit late but here:

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/240144

A Shaman of the Horde takes a pamphlet and reads through it, before throwing it away. “Actions have consequences.”

8 Likes

anyone wanna roll night elf terrorists that plague the horde to ensure thunderbraid’s exemacuted?

Can’t I roll one just because the Horde deserves it, though?

4 Likes

In a hidden tower in Quel’Thalas, a tower so high that it reached above the clouds, sat the old elf Queteron Charax and solved a crossword. It was evening and he had just woken up. For the past two years Queteron’s health had rapidly decreased. His strength was gone and his condition had gradually worsened to the point that he now required assistance in his daily life. For most of the time he was confined to his tower.

His assistant knocked on the door and stepped in.

“Don Charax!” he yelled, “Grannd Thunderbraid has been captured by the Horde!”

“By the Moon, what are you saying?” Queteron replied and pushed himself up from his chair, fumbling for his walking stick.

“Here, this pamphlet, look…” the assistant said and offered a piece of paper.

Queteron took it in his trembling hands. Formerly he had served in the military. War had taken him from his home in the forests of Kalimdor across the sea to the Eastern Kingdoms, to Pandaria, and even so far as Northrend. The allies and friends he had made on the battlefield were many. Thunderbraid, that legendary dwarf, had been one of his most consistent and trusted allies throughout his career. If it was true that the Horde had taken him, the loss would be devastating for the Alliance.

“The General I knew would never have been taken alive,” Queteron said and threw away the pamphlet. “It must be a trick.”

“We do not believe so, my Lord. The Horde would never march to Ironforge for any other reason than to boast. Only the capture of General Thunderbraid could inspire such behaviour,” the assistant retorted.

Queteron felt anger rising in his chest. He saw the truth in these words. Supported by his walking stick he limped towards the window of his tower to look out over the clouds beneath. The clouds reflected the brazen lustre of the evening sun.

“This cannot stand. Such an insult to the Goddess and the Alliance is unacceptable. The Horde will once again remember why they feared us, why they fled from our armies, why only our absence on the battlefield was their only hope of survival. Prepare me for battle!”

“But my Lord, you have not seen combat in many years! The Horde would laugh at you!” the assistant objected.

“Then they must have forgotten the past!” Queteron responded with unshakable confidence and repeated his command. The assistant humbly obliged and began chanting in Darnassian. A staff soon manifested in Queteron’s hands, then a gilded mitre appeared above him and was lowered down on his head: piece-by-piece his armour was called forth until he was fully clad for war.

The assistant then approached and attached to the old elf’s chest several military decorations of yore. In his prime Queteron had reigned as Grand Marshal, commanding the vast armies of the Alliance to countless victories against the Horde. Undefeated on the fields of war he had been named a Hero of the Alliance by the King.

Barely able to stand upright due to the weight of his vestments Queteron sat down.

“We must issue a call to our friends and allies,” he said. “Write first to the Justicars. Do not forget to contact that druid — Mythundis — whom we met at the Lunar Festival. Nerathion cannot defend himself.”

“Of course, Don Charax.”

Queteron paused for a moment. Then he added: “And do whatever you can to get in touch with Grelind Stormfeather — I believe that he has the keys to the Bjora.”

39 Likes

From what I hear, the Bjora has been impounded after Thunderbraid was arrested for piloting with a suspended license.

16 Likes

This is why the Horde are doing so poorly. Completely unreasonable trade offerings. You’d need at least two dwarves (one stood on the other’s shoulders, obviously) just to equal one Night Elf, never mind the rest of it.

Or just give them half an elf

1 Like

Or one Half Elf, I’m not that picky.

After Teldrassil, you could probably fit a few hundred elves into the space occupied by one dwarf, being realistic about it…

A nice initiative, though!

2 Likes