All my friends have tier, and I don't. Feels bad

As the title says. I get the thinking behind the catalyst, I’m not even saying I have a better solution. We have a group of 4, all we do is M+. We did over 10 both weeks, and all of my friends have a 2 set. I got nothing. I know it’s RNG, I’m not asking for free loot.

I’m just reporting it feels bad falling behind your friends, seeing my dmg stagnate compared to theirs, and any key that isn’t timed due to DPS makes me want to not play.

4 Likes

When you get 2000 score you get at least 1 free tier item :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I am not counting those. It’s about the set bonus as we all know. My point is, the fact that my vault never offered one feels bad. It is feedback.

1 Like

We had 2 vaults… so this is a quite dramatic topic.
And that one that you are not counting is also counting for your set bonus.

Yes I had the exact same opinion when my vaults got me tier too. I am not trying to be dramatic.

It is a dramatic statement you “never got tier from the vault” when we only had 2 vaults.

2 Likes

Yes, it hurst when someone slightly outrun you just to pure luck. But it’s how WoW worked from the very beginning. And it’s only 3rd week of 6 month season, so you will catch up.

They actually moved the Catalyst unlock 1 week forward from last season. It’s still opening far too late.

Now most guilds have cleared the raid, there really is no need for them to hold the Catalyst any longer.

It was their mistake making the Season too easy, therefore the they should just let us get on with it.

3 Likes

My friend got 4set i got 2set.

I’m not sad and crying i just wHisper him “COME HELP BRO U PRO U MAKE DPS GUD”

1 Like

You dont need new set to clear any content, besides mythic raid, i done 20+ last week wiht my mates. :person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

Catalyst came too late in season 1, despite the outcry from the community, and it looks like that is repeating this season. Joy!

1 Like

It’s RNG, it feels bad at times. I had one season where the only slot the vault would offer me tier was pants, repeatedly. However that’s not to say it didn’t offer me other upgrades.

The Catalyst opens in June so you’ll have tier then. Just have some pieces ready to use.

AotC/1600 rating/KSM also offer a one off token. You can only get it once, so you can’t farm all three and get three tokens :wink: . There is also the chance of an omni token clearing the raid each week.

1 Like

I think being ‘dramatic’ about falling behind everyone else and losing to them as a result is pretty justified.

2 Likes

To me it sounds these “everyone else” were extremely lucky. The average i hear is people have 0 or 1 tier item right now. I play myself 4 chars. I got on 2 chars 1 item and on the other 2 none.

Using the word “never” when it is about 2 weeks is very dramatic.

So wouldn’t it then be better to make obtaining such crucial bits of gear a bit more deterministic? To sidestep the obvious issue that getting unlucky is going to put your performance in the gutter and lose you games?

1 Like

That is a totally different discussion, of course. I am not against some RNG when it is about loot. And i have also no problem someone gets his 4 set 1 week later than someone else. And there will always be someone who wins the lottery and someone who loses on every try. But yes i am for a reasonable fast certain way of getting it. For this reason blizz already added 2 certain tokens. 1 for Curves and 1 for KSM.

On the other hand; you do not lose your game in a key. You play together.

I play 2v2

Well, my tier is literally doing nothing for pvp anyway. Not sure how much influence tiersets are doing for arena for all the different specs.

Highly doubt you can’t complete keys because of dps. Should never be a problem until you get around a certain keyrange where you will already have 4-set.

Sure it sucks, even more so if you had normal and hc clear in the first and second id. But you know, thats how rng works.

RNG gearing is the lifeblood of WoW though. Its the only core part of the game that really provides Blizzard with incentive for the gameplay loop.

It does suck. These weeks pre-catalyst are a clear example of how bad it feels to be left behind. It really puts into perspective all the effort you put in.

You can do keys, raids and grind grind grind, but still have far less than someone who also put in the same effort.

It really advocates for more effort-based gearing systems, which Blizzard is coming around to liking as an alternative.

The thing is, though, that’s all really for those who are desperate to min-max. The macro-pushers who complete content as soon as possible so they can start chipping away at their upper limits.

The game has become a bit too meta in that even casual players are annoyed they don’t immediately have 2-set or 4-set early. They don’t get that the focus is meant to be on the gameplay itself. Being in the world and enjoying it.

That said, does Blizzard realise that just playing the game as it is isn’t grabbing people anymore? Just doing the raids and dungeons doesn’t hit as well as it used to. People want more.

Maybe easier gear? Or maybe they need more activities to enjoy rather than rewards?

2 Likes