All raids need to be very short

Just call them 10 or 20man dungeons and go with it

An instanced room for a Boss only a raid could enterā€¦?
For a WB it might work, but for a raidā€¦ Iā€™m not sure

Personally i would love to have both kinds of raids big castles and brd style huge areas but also there should be raids in a style of argent tournament in between.

Trash mobs though i have never liked at all especially when its million mob between bosses few clears its fine but when time between patches is months and you clear raids many times it quickly becomes extreme chore to a point where i donā€™t even want to play anymore.

Clearing the trash mobs work the first couple of times you run the raid. Itā€™s new fun, working things out.

After that it becomes a pain.

I say they need to make the trash mobs a lot harder an almost if you canā€™t clear these then you have no chance at the boss.

I love the raid designs.
Big open areas, big castles or caves. Exploring and seeing this massive area part of the world where these bosses have been hiding with their little minions as cannon fodder sent out to sacrifice themselves in the name of the greater evil.

See the raid for the first few times is always amazing I think, and hope they never stop. Its like going to a new continent for the first time and exploring.

Off course after a while this loses its spark, as does travelling around the open world but if you look around you still see new details and amazing views youve never seen before.

Why on earth would we want to swap all of that for a ā€˜Slap Boss Simulatorā€™ where we stand in a black room and simply will bosses into existence ?

I do think i would be more interested in raiding when i had the option to go for just 1 or 2 bosses.

1 Like

Iā€™m not really following the logic hereā€¦

ā€œTrash is a pain, letā€™s make it a bigger pain!ā€

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a middle ground on how to satisfy both those who like trash and those who donā€™t:

• Design raids so that the vast majority of trash are optional and cannot be aggroed easily or accidentally.
  • Remove gold, flighstones and crests from bosses and keep only gear and progress of legendary items on them. Move all that gold, flightstones, crests etc. to trash
1 Like

But then you get people crying they donā€™t have time to loot it or whatever. Plus your kinda forced to kill trash as you need the crests and stone

Makes me wonder if Gruul ate all the spare mobs in his dungeonā€¦ errrrrā€¦ I mean raid. Thereā€™s 20 people in there, itā€™s done in 2 minutes on the lowest level character that can go in it, and that alt was not even well-geared either.

What I think the raids could do with is to add the mechanic from the end of The Blood Furnace, where you get a speed boost for short parts of the instance. Maybe also have it that all the loot from trash and bosses is deposited into your mail once you leave the instance so you just need to kill and not worry about looting. In fact, the latter was mentioned in Pandaria Remix as in ā€œDonā€™t worry about looting because it arrives in the mail once weā€™re done.ā€ And the person who mentioned that had a good idea. If you forget to loot itā€™s sent by the Postmaster. Why not make that everything soulbound or personal loot is sent to you in the mail. And then have it that miners, skinners and herbalists deposit a ā€œharvesterā€ at the beginning of the instance so by the time theyā€™re done it sends the harvest to a mailbox. Thatā€™s some of my ideas for improving thingsā€¦

People and their first world problems!

Yeah, running back, running, running. Itā€™s not fun anymore - add at least more teleporters once you clear trash. IDK - the ancients speed buff is cringe tbh

Looting in general while in group content is stupid and another old mechanic.
Solo content looting makes sense but once you need to keep up, just send EVERYTHING that dropped for you to mail after you leave instance.

1 Like

Onyxia
Gruul

Has been done before, all be it rarely.

They should stop making the raids alltogheter .
They no longer attract people , they should make them scenario style .

Itā€™s visible from outer space most players do them because your putting half of the bis gear in raids or the legendary axe .
Raids worked in the past they no longer work or provide the fun that they used to .

I think that was exactly the point. Donā€™t do it and you miss out, do it and you profit.

1 Like

Need some trash for those BoEs!!

1 Like

And this is the ā€œbeautyā€ of my solution:

• Do you absolutely need those gold / crests / flightstones and do not participate in other content? Then spend time killing those trash. So now you both didnā€™t win nor lose anything in comparison to the current system.
  • Do you not need those? Then you skip them and save time in your runs which you can spend on other stuff (including activities that reward those!)

That can be said for any content. Look how many people are doing M+ just for the rewards. Or PvP just for the rewards.

What would you do then instead of them?
How would gearing progression work?
What would you use to keep people hooked?

Raids where the conclusion the last chapter of the story , now they just donā€™t feel right anymore as they are producing super-villans from nothing .
Long tidious boring and most people donā€™t learn the mechanics , atmosphere is plain dull .
I assure you iā€™m not here to talk in contradiction .
Most people who do the raids in df paid for them .
Simply they donā€™t feel good anymore except for them as a traditional wow thingy .