All time low for wow arena

this game has never been worse than it is right now. they really out do themselves every expansion. classes have never felt more boring and skill has never mattered this little

wow is definitely on it’s last legs

23 Likes

Oh boy I am early to a Tom thread.
I’d like some upvotes too.

youre so short that your head does not appear in your avatar icon.they should have put that window lower

1 Like

I don’t know, in Legion I played 10 characters this far into the expansion. Now I have not logged in since I got gladiator in January. Well I mostly been playing Apex legends, the warlock meta and malediccing trinkets was really boring. Played some 3s this week for the first time in 2 months and won almost every game. Guess locks are not gods anymore?

Seems everyone rerolled ww too >,> I had to endure ww being ultrabad early bfa. Fair enough we were crazy in pretty much all of Legion I don’t know, I’m just happy I have more time for my job which is to compose music.

People complain about ww dmg, but if they reduce our dmg we need cc back. I don’t mind what niche we have. I’m either a rogue 2.0 or I’m a better version of warriors.

I enjoy apologists saying “yes, but you complain every season, it’s nothing specific about this season”…

where in fact, we do and it’s getting worse and worse

i dont understand why they feel the need to reinvent the wheel with classes every single expansion, it makes no sense.

getting so tired of disc priest being COMPLETELY revamped every single expansion for better or for worse.

3 Likes

They should nerf WW damage but not by 30% as always but buy 5-10% and WW is gucci. They should nerf Death Strike and def traits for R Shaman and Havoc (at least make them not interact with Ascendance and mastery - that’s great starting point as dps shamans need them to survive rogue comps).

1 Like

imagine thinking this are the problems why arenas have been all time low

1 Like

14 h in and no jito post saying this is not true?

Dude must be on some vacay’s

1 Like

Overinterpretation - the biggest issue of 90% of arena forum posters. I said it’s great starting point for nerfing R Shaman. I don’t say that these changes would make people play WoW again suddenly because they won’t. WoW is just boring compared to old days. No class is as enjoyable as it was in Wrath/Cata/MoP but I talked about balance not making people play WoW.

I don’t know where did you take it from.#

Top meele specs currently are WW/Unh/Havoc while top casters are Ele/Destro/Frost Mage. If you will check AWC ladders you will see that most of the comps are combinations of these specs with some addition of Assa rogues, Spriests, Boomys and other specs of Mage. It’s not that hard to notice that WW is a bit overtuned.

1 Like

can you stop typing already

1 Like

Why would I? Because you say so? Who are you to tell me what to do?

The only people who argue that WW isn’t in top 3 are WW lol… And by top 3, I mean miles ahead of the others who aren’t in the top 3

I agree they need to nerf the Ghost Wolf trait but buff straight healing output, otherwise shaman is back to be target dummy with 0 survivability.

Resto druids basically have Ghost wolf trait abilities but at all HP levels, in the form of full HoTs and bear form… Then throw in Ironbark on 45 sec cooldown and barkskin… And the CC chain ability.

So what would this do? Nothing. Nerfing Rshaman will change literally nothing in terms of players and this should be the goal. Getting old players/new players to PvP.

Balance is not the reason why People dont want to play WoW it’s the horrible class design.
In WotlK people still played PvP actively even when shadowmourne and DKS did exist
in cata people still played PvP actively even when rogues were godlords and later casters
in MoP people still played actively PvP even when BM hunters were totally overpowered same with Arms and later the enforcing of L$D/Casters in Season 15 simply, because class design was FUN and every class had it’s own niche and chance to rank up and beat other teams regardless of the class/comp being crap.

hell even in WoD people still played active WoW PvP even when Turbo/RMX was the total bullcrap.

ok nice this are the top melees and top casters so this means they should get nerfed because they are stronger than others? Just buff other classes and readd abilites and skill to fix this issue

4 Likes

but Resto druid needs to use few globals on this (or Overgrowth) while R shaman just presses 1 global and runs. R druid needs also leave form to refresh hots and that’s when you can stun him and catch off guard. Bear Form doesn’t have bonus movement speed and you can slow it. To remove slow he needs to shift form - another weakness. As shaman you just switch form heal and run at 100% speed all the time.

If they are dominating and are overtunned just tone them by few % not by 30% like Blizzard usually do. That’s it. Nobody says that they should gut your spec like they did in season 1. That’s it. I play with WW friend on alt so trust me I don’t want WW to be unplayable but I see that it’s a bit overtuned. I also understand you as till 8.1 your spec was poo poo like mine (Ele).

Please try to think reasonably instead of being class biased. You all ask for class balance but if someone is asking for deserved tuning down you defend your spec like it’s a matter of life and death. I main Ele and I agree it’s a bit too strong.

It seems that balance for you is nerfing other specs but keeping your overtuned.

I know that these things you mentioned were broken but just because Blizzard made these mistakes back then it doesn’t mean they need to repeat their mistakes.

1 Like

Just as a side point here… You can’t compare straight BFA participation to WotLK, MoP Or Cara because the playerbase was massive compared to it is now.

The reason Arena participation seems so small is because there aren’t as many players playing the game fullstop.

As you’ve said class balance in arena has always been a problem, everyone just seems to think it’s at it’s worst now which I don’t actually believe at all. The present will always seem worse than the past because everyone has nostalgia towards the old game as it seems so much better than currently.

PVP has never been balanced and never will be

You can’t balance classes 100% because classes literally consist of 2 buttons and even if they buffed/nerfed classes more frequently, we would just have more meta shifts but no real balance.

This is besides the fact that class design has been utter trash since WoD and it has only been getting worse

6 Likes

I stopped playing for weeks now and got other interests so they can nerf ww for whatever reason they want and i wouldn’t care. I am looking at the overall state why WW should actually stay strong, if not the strongest melee out of all melees.
Meanwhile you are looking at my preferences and try to argue with things which should bother me which was not the point i was making. In fact i even played more during 8.0 than in 8.1.

You are biased to ask for a deserved tune down so your class/comp can do better with less effort against said class.

Ele is actually quite fine expect of lightning lasso which is just an aids spell but without it they are not viable so a rework is needed there, but whatever.

Balance for me is making other Melees equal to WW and adding depth and skill back to class rotations (even for WW’s)

This reminds me a lot of Bellular’s vid the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3InzGgtLSY