Allerian stronghold?

yeah they both dealed with the Legion for thousands of years, i bet they understand each other better than anyone. being secluded from the world with Alleria being lost and Thalyssra in the bubble.

they both even shared a good conversation in Silvermoon before the void sunwell accident

Strikes me as one of those things that’s mostly a gameplay concession, but yes, years after consolidating the Ghostlands they’ve requested assistance, from Vereesa, at Vol’jin’s insistance to counter Zul’s plot.

I don’t see the similarity really… Alleria chose to fight the Legion tooth and nail, for a thousand years, while Thalyssra spent thousands of years studying magic, in her extremely comfortable mansion safe from all outside threats, in the Grand Magistrix’s inner circle, until the Legion expansion.

I think it’s more to do with the fact, neither of them have a real reason to hate each other.

Both signed the armistice, but neither Nightborne nor Void Elves were truly at war with each other, even during the Fourth War.

Like I say, I do believe Thalyssra and Alleria would always put their factions aside and work together. This is not something I see happening with the Night Elves/High Elves, Blood Elves and the San’layn Darkfallen.

since when has the population numbers of any given race mattered there could be 30 orcs or 30000000000 orcs depending on what the plot demands people love to use the well 90 % of us are dead argument but you know for such a lesser population the blood / high elves are freaking everywhere heck even the void elves seem to have massive armies :stuck_out_tongue:

Two elves walk into a bar.
New Allied Race “Bar Elf” will be playable next week.

Thalyssra is a seasoned polititian most likely to stick with Lor’themar, who isn’t terribly fond of the whole Void Elf thing. They can be diplomatic, when called for, but it’s a hard sell on any kind of friendly.

You joke about it but if Lor’themar and Thalyssra will have children in the future, they could really spawn a new race of elves after all…the Nightblood Elves :stuck_out_tongue:

(btw probably in lore Blood Elf-Nightborne married couples already exist, so if their DNA is compatible (they probably are since Humans and High Elves can have half-elven children, too) newborn Nightblood Elves could already be a reality after all)

Maybe the death percentage was just 09% actually, Arthas just reversed the numbers to look cooler… :sweat_smile: :joy:

(just like when he declared the ancient civilization and heritage of the High Elves was officially ended after resurrecting Kel’Thuzad in the Sunwell, but then when he is Northrend he is surprised to see Kael’thas and the Blood Elves attacking him, and then when he puts on the Helmet and becomes the Lich King, he has several visions of the future and when he sees Silvermoon already rebuilt he is even more surprised…lol)

The Bloodborne :rofl:

That would be something to see, for sure

2 Likes

indeed. I think Thalyssra and Lorthemar’s relationship is very interesting. There is so many Nightborne tourists in Silvermoon

anyway going back to the OP topic i think Auric should have at least a small dialogue with Alleria. TBC players can never forget the Allerian stronghold and the time she went missing.

Maybe he will pop up, as an expendable, but named character, when Alleria inevitably goes coocoo to the whispers and gets “tragically” killed off. So in the same boat as Arathor the Redeemer. Not sure i see him or any other lodge masters getting much more of a role than that.

Someone did the math with the percentages from the old warcraft encyclopedia and given the numbercategory of Kael’thas troops from Archmage Vargoths Journal stating that with Prince Kael thousands as in 2000+ Blood Elves came to outland. So Silvermoon should had before Arthas a population of at least 148.000 and at maximum ~600.000 which made the remaining High Elves of only 1481 to 6000. Though now the number should be at least much lower considering with the destruction of Quel’Lithien and Theramore the two biggest High Elf population centre are gone.
If we do not count the elves of the Allerian Stronghold as those where back then behind the closed dark portal and so should not be counted for High Elf population and add the Void elves as reinforcements even then the number of remaining High Elves should not be more then 3 digit.

2 Likes

Honestly I always looked at Allerian Stronghold as just another Human town, anyway…despite its name and the fact there are a few High Elf buildings, the town looks distinctively Human in design overall. Certainly not similar to a Blood Elf city or village despite Quel’dorei and Sin’dorei are the same race regardless of the affiliations.

A few High Elf buildings don’t change the Human/Alliance focus over the specifical High Elf one, though. Same thing for some of the lodges in which the High Elves live, Quel’Danil seem more Kaldorei in design, and completely different from the Blood Elf Farstriders lodges in Quel’thalas anyway…

the High Elves also adopted human/night elf mounts too, it’s quite rare to see them on Dragonhawks and I think literally nobody ever rides a Hawkstrider (except the Void Elves who were mostly Blood Elves in origin)

Well obviously, if they live abroad and are scattered in tiny communities they wouldn’t have any real access to animals native to Quel’thalas outside trading with Quel’thalas.

(Always kind of struck me as wierd about the Silver Covenant tho… On one hand they want to be free to visit Quel’thalas/Quel’danas, while also being violently hateful toward the Blelves… (Also if Ronin stuck to his own policy of neutrality he’d still be alive. :coffee: ))

2 Likes

this thread turned hateful towards High elves fast lol.

i dont blame ya.

the Highborne are better than both High elves and Blood elves anyway.

All hail Queen Azshara

It is not hate. I am merely stating facts. Even Blizzard self said there are more gnomes surviving Gnomeregans destruction then High Elves.
Oh and I have to correct one of my statements.

In the math of the surviving Elves and how much are Blood and High Elves the elves from Quel’Lithien should not count as those where exiled later.
So if anything we should count the Quel’Lithien Elves off of the number of surviving Blood Elves because they should be like the Ren’dorei counted as those that did a faction change again.
The question now is where the Allerian Stronghold elves counted in in the statement of the 10% surviving High Elves Kael’thas could not find or where they back then declared KIA and so the 10% accounted only those that wonder off with Jaina, stayed in Dalaran or where in Quel’Daniel or Stormwind? And even more important. Are the silver covenant only the Elves of Dalaran that stayed there and survived or did some of Theramore’s elves came back to Dalaran after the third war and helped it rebuilding?

Not really hateful just noting that their writing has been… odd, at times. The only Highborne splinter groups i somewhat take issue with is the Shen’dralar, because of how Tyrande and her followers flipped 180, from kill on sight to bff. And the Void Elves, becaude they were pulled out of the writer’s donkey, with literally no precedent to support their existence, as a group separate from Blelves outside Aleria needing her goons to have distinct gameplay identity.

That said it’d be fun to have Azshara try to make ties with the various splinter groups of her Highborne. Maybe even capitalise on the good faith built between Vashj and Kael’thas, before they got a lethal dosage of TBC era writing.

1 Like

dont worry i was joking.

thats a good point. The elves in the Allerian stronghold werent considered alive at that point, same like Alleria who was presumed dead.

anyway high elf numbers would still be small compared to Blood elves, but not as small as the void elves.

its unfair to call it a human town as its a town mixed with humans, elves, and dwarves and built through this architecture. Its like calling Dalaran a human town :joy:

and even the leader of the Stronghold is a High elf. Auric Sunchaser. even the dwarves take orders from him.

just correcting you.

Anyway why did this topic go from Auric sunchaser and Alleria having a conversation, to High elf numbers? Lol

It got so derailed from the original topic.

2 Likes

It’d b e fair to call it more of a “Sons of Lothar” outpost more so than anything else. Unlike the Dwarvish hold, in Shadowmoon, for example.

It kind of evolved from the point how basically Silver Covenant gobbles up all the attention span High Elves get.

2 Likes

i really hate this group. For my own personal reasons (cough cough murderers)

i call it a Lord of the Rings post :joy:

humans = Man
high elves = elves
Dwarves = dwarves
gnomes = hobbits

The issue here is that Vashj and Azshara are two different characters.

Vashj seemed to be aware of the Blood Elf ancestry and the Sunwell.
Azshara simply called Lor’themar “the pale elf with the sword.”

Now, it could be that Azshara simply doesn’t care about where the Blood Elves come from or it’s something that she does know and simply doesn’t care.