Alleria's new model in the new cinematic is horrible

Oh don’t remind me. MoP Jaina made me almost vomit.

And here I thought this post was actually to praise the new style. I love it instead!

:dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:

1 Like

In my opinion female elfs are the best no matter what kind of hair model or what kind of style they have. they were and will be the most hot and attractive in all kind of media or games

Yeah, she didn’t need to be changed at all. But in 2024, this company has a urge to change everything in their own established IP. Did you see the goblins short story ?

Now she s looking as they want. Modern woman, with cyberpunk haircut, blue dye, anti patriarchy lookalike and mindset.

We ll probably discover her divorce with turalyon and her romance with Xalathath or something else in TWW

2 Likes

I don’t mind them updating the models.
Though I do wish they did not look like teenagers in the cinematic.
Both Alleria and Xal’atath looks like they are in their teens, despite Alleria being speculated to be a few thousand years old & spent 500 years fighting the legion and Xal’atath speculated to be older than the old gods according to new sources.

Edit: I have been reminded that Xal’atath took over a cultists body when she escaped the blade, as kids are known to join cults I’ll let it slide but I’m still not happy about it.

I haven’t noticed anything like that at all, and I hate everything “woke” xD

She look really good.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1156915.jpg

btw she is 2800+ years old how it was only Turalyon? something didnt add up in this story. i will make a great topic about this soon

People be calling for game revamps and big choices then complain about literally an outfit swap and a haircut.

I do not envy the position some of the employees have.

So 2 things I just wanna have put out there:

1. That hairstyle is good, just a shame it’s associated with people that can’t pull it off idk, obviously subjective so take it with a bit of salt.

2. See the mindset thing of “I’m independant and I can do what I want” is obnoxious when normal people do it cause in reality it’s cope and they can’t. But Alleria is a “strong independant woman”, not because of feminism, but more because she could nuke you from the planet on a whim. But hey subjective again cause I guess you could argue that depending on how they choose to have her talk she might be annoying and fall under it as well, thats a fair argument.

What is a cyberpunk haircut?

I just googled it, I’m guessing that’s it if you google it too

Dunno. It’s a tiny bit different and I’m quite sure that kind of hairstyle existed long before I was born. Just a certain elf’s projecting their views onto that.

Like look at things known about the time of the vikings, for example.(No, I’m not talking that she’s wearing such a style. They’re very heavy on braids. The idea is similar to some haircuts though. They have sometimes shaved sides, etc. Styles of old were quite different to today’s “normal”)

I think that’s a false comparison.

Blizzard have often updated the looks of iconic NPCs in the past, but the reason has usually been for one of two reasons:

1. It’s an old 2004 model and the character is in the spotlight years later. Sylvanas is a good example of that. She initially got her old Night Elf model changed for a Blood Elf one, which made sense, and then finally received a custom-made one when she became a main character.
  2. There is a story explanation for it. Anduin is a good example. We’ve always followed his story as he’s grown up. So as he’s gone from boy to teenager to young prince and tormented king, he’s received an update to his appearance to reflect the story being told. Makes sense.

The issue here is that the story of The War Within just takes off with Khadgar summoning Alleria - we were there - and in she walks looking nothing like she used to, and no explanation or reason is given.

That’s confusing. And its fair to point that out regardless of whether you also want overhauls to gameplay systems or class designs. Different matters are different.

1 Like

Just a normal undercut, pretty much what all normal people have on their heads in the last decades.

I guess it’s referring to V’s default hairstyle, which is a medium to long sidepart bob with an undercut.

1 Like

Every model, every character, every story, every class they touch they make it worse then what it was. I mean look at her at image they put in launcher, world of valorant. What the hell is her mouth open like that? what do you want to show with that? maybe i got it but dont want to say it whatever…

Looked good to me.

I don’t know what the people are raving about the hair. It’s not even an undercut, its a braid. She didn’t go for shave.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLfEMBpXkAAiP5G?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The look is fine, the animation of the face was a bit odd and I am curious where her tattoos magically went. I think the end of the harbinger questline hinted at her “becoming who she truly is” and we will get a little bit of dialogue at some point where she has finally, fully embraced her voidy self. I don’t think that is hair dye at the end of her hair, just void but who knows. Either way good grief at people crying about hair dye.

1 Like