Alliance BG's

So this will be a genuine question - I usually don’t really PvP - so I am far from the best or anything as well, but this weekend I just went full into doing random BG’s and well… over the 2 days I did 30+ games, and I can tell you dead serious, I won only 1 - Now you might say it’s just me then who is the problem, and could be. But I only did Epic BG’s and out of the 40 people even if I was the problem, that can’t result in a 1% win ratio.

Is alliance just that behind compared to horde or? I’ve noticed different strats being used (For example we going hangar instead of docks, we play Alterac Valley defense mode and get destroyed) things like that…

Genuine wondering if I was just unlucky all weekend with every game I joined from start or joined halfway.

1 Like

Yes. I am with my Destro Warlock doing top 3 dmg during all my RBG’s (over 50% of the time top 1) and I am still unable to carry the many 1 bad players 2 afks and 3 low ilvl players. in 10 man RBG’s i always check everybody’s gear score, and i havent played a single game where there were 10 people with ilvl over 420, pvp is horrific. Honestly, just give RBG’s a ilvl requirement and everything is fine.

1 in 30 does seem a little below avg.

For me alliance is 9/10 win

Take a note that if you dont know horde players who they are , they almost never queue without premade. I can tell you this.

Go community finder and find a community for yourself and make bg friends.

Edit: my mistake , I never play epic. If you need a community for epic bg , I can help you for that tho. Owner is my friend.

1 Like

Alliance tryhards abusing party sync or full premades so …

1 Like

just saying but your win rate is far away from 90% with warsong e.g. 35%

alliance win rates are pretty bad since wod.
from a person who plays 99% solo bgs my win rate went from 60-70% in woltk to sub 20% in bfa.
Since I have pretty solid gear I can also tell you that a single player in bfa has much less impact than it had in previous expacs.

Legion killed bgs for me big time.
Negative fun

1 Like

Thats classsic warsong gulch , I have queued without 5 ppl group on this char until last year. This char stayed alt. I never leave any bg too(free honor)

My friends (some people I know) insta leave on bg losses not to get - winrate on their blizzard profile. I stay inside. I just leave if I have 190k hp 5 people etc.

ya well that doesn’t mean you have a 90% winrate either if you leave every lost cause.
Just put more people into misery.

everybody can achieve a 100% winrate if they leave before the lose… ggs

3 Likes

Most people leave ( people I know I wont give names). On solo queue for example I even take lose. There are guys 1211 gilneas bg 1200 win. they leave battlegrounds.

My community is 211 ppl atm , at night nobody is online so I queue 2 ppl etc unless its friday and saturday.

could i have a link to your community Kriegstreibr ? Or an invite to epic bg community ? You would do me a great pleasure, and bring back fun to pvp for me.
I love to do random bgs, but i hate solo q and i have no friends in wow.

Dmed in game

And here I thought my 6.5 hours of losses straight was bad. I always try to get just ONE win (per char), because I know you can’t ask for more than that here on ally side, but these days, I am stuck with one char the whole day, and by the time (and IF) we (ever) reach that victory, I am so mentally exhausted, emotionally burned out, physically tired and psychologically fed up, that I can’t be rrsed to play even one second more of BGs.

Surely this can’t be the plan… can it?

There have been some really odd decisions that has driven this game into the ground, and the creators (or modifiers?) of this game have never steered away from that straight path into the most miserable destruction of PvP and fun possible.

For just one, old example; why did they ever a) lower the graveyards and b) make graveyard camping possible? Higher graveyard would help a lot, but graveyards used to be ‘immune safe places’, where you can sit and give up and wait until the BG is over.

Now horde can always camp us in the graveyard - in one WSG, they had 4 rogues, 2 locks and 3 huntars all graveyard camping us, you can imagine how ‘easy’ it was to even stay alive, let alone do anything.

Is it really this hard / impossible to create a truly random BG, where there can’t be premades or super geared groups against lowbies?

Or is it this difficult to try to balance the BGs powerwise, so that both sides have equal healing and equal DPS? At least better attempts could -surely- be made.

Why do so many things, like mythics, give a CLOAK as a reward? People say it’s for transmog purposes and all, but couldn’t -actual-rewards- be something useful, and transmogs be something easier to get?

There are tons of this kind of strange decisions that I just can’t understand… it SURELY can’t be possible that they are DELIBERATELY TRYING to drive this game, PvP and fun into the ground and replace it with endless, miserable, grindy h*ll?

Surely!

2 Likes

Faction imbalance has swung here and there over the course of the years, but at one point a massive amount of serious players, both PvE and PvP, went Horde and didn’t really come back.
Horde is the winning team and people who are serious about the game roll Horde because they know they’ll find likeminded people there.

Imo the only way to ever balance BGs is to eliminate factions. But it’s never gonna happen. Even if it does happen, it’ll 99% certainly only be for PvE, because “BGs wouldn’t make sense without factions hurr durr.”

In all honesty, if you want to do epic BGs and not go insane, the only advice I can give you is to go Horde. You may like the looks of the Alliance, all your friends may be on the Alliance, but if you want to win, go Horde.
In regular BGs you’ll probably be fine if you find people to queue with.

I have won the majority of my Bgs as alliance. I have no idea what you are talking about. PvE players roll in the horde because Better racials, But PvP leaders are dominated by alliance. Deal with it.

1 Like

To clarify here, I refer specifically to solo-queue in epic BGs. In regular BGs it’s fairly easy to swing the game in your favor by queueing with 4 buddies, hence my comment at the end there.

Your experience may vary from mine, maybe it depends on what time of day you’re active or something, however, my experience is that epic BGs are practically unwinnable when playing Alliance, and are almost always won when playing Horde.
This is not subjective opinion, this is what has been happening.

EDIT: Things may also have changed in the last month, seeing as that’s about when I threw in the towel and stopped playing.

I play a lot of Epic BGs, especially Ashran.
The only times I lost in Ashran were:

• Alliance group was a full / semi premade with all/majority of characters rocking ilevl 475 + stacking best corruptions etc… While our group had 1 crappy geared healer, and mix of people with majority being below ilevel 450.
  • Alliance group was a certain Multiboxer with 20 DKs and a bunch of shamans (impossible to kill anything due to lag, while he just one shots everything/everyone).
  • Alliance group was predominantly Russians (they just know how to play Ashran (and epic BGs) and are pain to deal with).

Other than than having an unlucky draw and hitting the above 3, having Ashran pop as Horde is almost always a win. :slight_smile:

Other Epic BGs might vary - I usually win AVs, although I don’t play it often, and almost always loose IoC (for some reason - the Hangar is now the best place to go for, and Alliance groups usually arrive there faster, and have advantage of being on a hill, while Horde is bottlenecked in the canyon/road leading to hangar).
With Wintergrasp it is usually 50/50 down to experience / ability to listen to those who know what to do, and whether we are defending or attacking.
Still - I really do like Epic BGs, majority of time they are fun, even if we are loosing (unless it’s Ashran vs Multiboxer dude - that’s just ef****g sad).

Best regards
Buibui

idk, as horde i lose almost all bgs. when i merc as alliance i win like 9/10.

horde has a bigger population, that means more undergeared alts that queue and makes us lose bgs.

1 Like

Maybe in normal BGs - perhaps - I only play the Epic ones. And we (Horde) win often. I rarely play them on weekends - whenever I tried Epic BGs on weekends it was always the same:

• nobody listens
  • people just zerg amilesly
  • 100% loose ration
    So Saturday - Sunday, I usually don’t touch Epic BGs, and only play them during the week.

Its hard for casual alliance pvp because:

All the supersweaty PvPers play alliance, because vastly superior racials. Especially for rogues which all the omegasweaties play. These supersweats only play in premades, which completely drains the ‘‘skill level’’ from alliance soloqueue battlegrounds.

Basically as a horde, we either complete stomp all over the alliance or we’re vs some MDI neckbeard minmax premade (usually theyl literally even run RBG comps, full melee stacks with 2 warlocks). So yeah I feel bad for you as an alliance but dont think theres much of a fix.

First of all hello there peoplez, and let me start by saying alliance does win and not just 1 match more then that cause my matches espacially the epic battle grounds i win most of them. there is one a wotlk map where you assault a fort i believe i do not remember its name but thats the only one I lose if we need to assault but if we defend we still win but all other maps alliance does pretty well.

2 Likes