Alliance constantly losing BGs? Epic BGs?

Is it just me or does anyone else experience this? On my level 60 druid alt which I have been doing BGs on for the last week or so I have a less than 30% win rate across all bgs/epic rbgs?

What is going on?

8 Likes

Weird , same goes for me as horde. 13 lose 3 win yesterday.

7 Likes

i got 70% winrate as alliance player, with main and alt.

Variant winrate with some spec , like it’s easier to get winrate as rogue than with mage.

Maybe on EPic battleground alliance lose, but in random BG i assure you alliance got 70% winrate.

2 Likes

This might be a surprise for most of you but… There are different server groups where alliance/horde winrates differ.

There is also a huge difference depending on when you play. If i play during peak hours i win most…during off hours i lose most.

3 Likes

What time of day did you say you play…? Would love to meet you in a BG some time :wink:

5 Likes

It really is random. Some of it is in the morning , some of it is at nighttime

3 Likes

14 lost, 3 won today… No idea what is happening. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Playd 17 BGs, and won 2 of those.

I don’t know why people think horde loses or ally wins, because it takes hours upon hours of losing, being stomped, MAYBE with one or two BGs where we don’t get stomped, but still have no chance - but mostly we get stomped - JUST to win one. And you need so much patience to even think that can happen amidst the complete, utter and total stompage of our whole team.

What makes people say things like horde loses a lot or ally wins a lot, I don’t understand. It usually takes hours of losses upon losses to win just ONE. By that time, I am too exhausted to play more, and that tiny victory doesn’t heal the wounds and trauma caused by those bitter, infuriatingly frustrating stompage losses that shouldn’t even happen if blizz had any competence whatsoever.

3 Likes

if i play bg’s my win/los rate is about 20/80 according to reflex
if i play epic bg’s my win/lose rate is about 40/60

i think most people are losing more regular bg’s then epic is because of the premade groups, 10vs10 with 1 premade of 5 can make you lose.
25vs25 or 40vs40 makes it harder for premades to win that match

but thats what im thinking

Since last patch i couldnt win a single WG or Isle. I wanted to gear my alt atm 164played/64win i just gave up the whole wow thing. Last month of sub for me. I like competitive games, but wow just became a frustrating game for me.

I can tell you this: I’m a horde player, but whenever I want to gear up my alt, I queue as an alliance mercenary and run epic BGs. My win rate in epic BGs is approximately 30 % on the Alli side and yes, grass is actually greener on the other side :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am pretty sure it was far lower than 30% winrate…

The issue there are much more players playing horde and 227 ilvl hordies. Furthermore the game mechanics pushes them to queue as group (quicker this way) and low geared hordies are queueing as alliance to farm quicker honor…

Last month I had several days where it took me 7/8 hours to win my first EPIC

Result: All Alliance with some gear go play Raed and just forgot about RANDOM.

That is SAD but random is DEAD

Little to no difference in the faction output. You are having it bad because you are not geared. Yes, game is very gear-dependant as of now. And in non-epic bgs your weakness is even more visible.

it also greatly depending on yourself.
If I play my main (with better pvp gear…) i win a lot more normal bgs than I lose. If I play on an ilvl 195 char, I lose a lot more.
Makes kinda sense I guess.

Epic bgs, no matter how or when I play, it seems to be 90%+ loss.
AV is the only bg that is 50/50 when alliance and horde rush base. If it ends up in pvp, alliance always lose as well.

in SL i won 1 isle of conquest
maybe 2-3 ashrans
5 WG (all def…)

most wins came from AV

absolute trash. My win rate on most characters is above 70% in epics and normals but those did not come from Shadowlands for sure lol

and yes it is true that alliance got lots of mercs with ilvl 150.
Merc mode should be removed

3 Likes

Short guide to winrate in epic bgs:

Ashran - anyone’s game.
Alterac - anyone’s game.
Isle of Conquest - mostly Alliance.
Wintergrasp - defense (yes, this is after changes).

That’s from ~40 epic bgs played after 9.0.5.

2 Likes

I only play horde but queue merc mode a lot for faster queues.

I find horde win random BGs (a little) more often, largely because there appears to be far more 5-man premades horde-side. It could be because queues are longer so they form a premade to give themselves the best chance to win. That being said, the margin is slight (maybe 60-40 in horde’s favor).

With epic BGs, it depends on the BG:

• WG: defender wins unless there’s an enormous gear differential between the two teams
  • Trashran: pretty even. Always won on reinforcement count so it’s whichever team is better at zerging
  • IoC: clear Alliance advantage here. If they’re remotely competent at defending glaives, it’s an ez win for the Alliance 9 times out of 10
  • AV: Slight horde advantage. Some idiot on Alliance always caps SH GY and it can often derail the Alliance offense
2 Likes

Its the same on the horde. Play in premade if you think you lose everything.

It’s pretty even in normal randoms BGs.

Epic BGs i think i proly have some 20%ish winrate as alliance.

AV - horde wins most of time because it’s easier to defend horde towers with knockbacks and very small flag room. Also meta has comes down to horde taking inner side in middle wich makes them faster to alliance base bunkers.

Ashran - mostly horde alliance is just bad at large group fights or maybe it’s horde mercenary honor leeches that ruin it?

IoC - at start of expansion it was pretty even now it’s mostly horde, alliance just gives up when they loose dock fight and afk in towers. Horde at least is trying to kill glaives if they lose dock fight alliance however is not and screems that it’s lost in chat.

Wintergrasp - i just outright leave if i am in attacking side it’s so unbalanced it;s not even funny and 9.0.5. changes makes little difference.

1 Like

In Alterac you defend captured towers not your towers. Aliance has been having great advantages in that bg. The only advantage horde has is that the first aliance bunker is closer to the horde base

You realize that those few hordes that actually defend and recap horde towers are the ones who wins games for you right?

3 Likes