Allied races are getting ripped off with customisation

I feel a bit let down seeing that I’ve paid for my draenei to be a lightforged draenei instead and in SL they’re not going to be getting any (or maybe just most?) of the new customisations despite being the same model, I’d rather go back to regular draenei to get some of the cool new customisations. I’m hoping they change their minds about this because I’d love my highmountain boi to get his floppy fringe, he deserves it!!

4 Likes

Blizz has said they’d love to add more customization options to allied races, but that it’s not a priority.

2 Likes

Actually they are not the same model. They are completley seperate 3d meshes in the game files. So any modifictation to draenei mesh doesn’t affect lightforged dreanei mesh. The same is true for Highmountain. The only Allied Races that is using the same model as Core Race are Mag’har Orcs. And this is why they got all that jewelry Orcs got.

Blizzard said Allied Races are not the focus so it’s not surprising they didn’t get much. I’m sure they will get more in some patches of SL.

1 Like

The newer races with already good customization options aren’t getting the same amount of attention as the older races with dated options

shocked pikachu face

3 Likes

Actually, I’m pretty sure they said they’re doing Allied Race customization + more customization (after they hear some feedback) for 9.1 and beyond.

Previously, after Blizzcon, people kept asking them about that and they said their current focus in on CORE races only for launch. So don’t worry, we’ll be getting some love soon.

1 Like

^^ This

The ARs already have decent more up to date customisation options that the base races have been lacking. The aim was to bring base races up to par.

I see you’ve forgotten Nightborne exist. I don’t blame you.

3 Likes

As our great Ion said, until further notice, if you want more customization, the draenei are there waiting for you.

If it makes you feel better, think about Nightborne. Those guys…

ofcourse.

blizzard want u to race change to the new cool races… and then pay to return to ur orginal race wit htheir next tempting offer.

Lightforged Draenei are an exception to this.

I will never understand why that race was added. No offense to those who play them of course, but they are literally just Draenei. Did anyone wake up one morning and say “Gods, I wish I could have a light and space themed Eredar character” and then not immediately think "Gods, I can have a light and space themed Eredar character!

Like… come on. They’re just Draeneier Draenei. Should’ve just added that allied race as customisation options and put something cooler into the vacant slot. Goodness knows, Alliance could’ve used it.

1 Like

Even though LFD have fewer options and only god knows when they will get new ones, to me LFD > draenei.

We got a new tail.

Front one?

No, both LF and normie draeneis get the new tail costumizations.

Yeah, so much nightborne customization, amirite?

Ah, alright, good then. Not what I would like, but it is fine.

Ya, it’s that bad people forget they exist. They could be one of the most appealing races to go too if Blizzard shaped up and gave them more hairstyles, and a selection of faces (INCLUDING an option to have a face similar to the NPCs).

alas dear lightforged sister new is not always better i’m sure you will get some new skins SOON TM

Really? I really hope my zala troll get mohawk from darkspear troll’s.

Also red color.

Lightforged Draenei and Nightborne both got clowned this wave. Their customization compared to others is so sad.

Edit: i also don’t believe we’ll get anything in the coming patches of SL. No customization and no new allied races. i’ll put my 2 cents on the expansion after SL.