Allow Fire Elemental Totem to reset with other raid CDs

As it stands now, Fire Elemental is a huge DPS increase for shamans and keeps them kinda viable. It feels really bad that your 5 min cd (glyphed) that keeps you viable doesn’t reset with the other raid cooldowns. There are so many scenarios when you have like 1 minute left on your elemental but the boss is already pulled so you lose out on DPS. If other classes get their raid cooldowns reset I see no reason for our CDs to not reset with them. This isn’t a lay on hands situation. It’s a 5 min cd.

I would even be OK with it only resetting if it was glyphed. It gives the glyph a reason to exist.

38 Likes

Wrong forum mate, this is the Lvl 60 Classic forums.

You can move your post to WotLK using the pencil icon.

done, thanks!!!

2 Likes

100% agree, it would be perfectly fine if they forced us to use FET glyph to accomidate the change, it should be the same for Army of the dead for DKs as well.

Shamans are pretty good in Tier 7 however come t8 and beyond the scaling will really hurt them, I’d like to see this change come in with t8, Blizzard at least comment on why you feel FET doesn’t deserve to be reset so we understand your logic please and thanks <3

5 Likes

Agree, FET should be reset just like other CDs

2 Likes

FET should definitely reset when an encounter ends. It not resetting has a negative impact on Ele gameplay in comparison to other specs.

4 Likes

Yes I agree 100%. The glyph is currently our best bandaid fix, but it feels really bad on every other boss it has around 1 minute cooldown left and you either have to go without it or have your entire raid group wait for you.

In terms of power, even on the 2-minute bosses where Fire Elemental is up for the entire duration we are not the top performing class. And it’s well known in WotLK that shamans in particular will fall off compared to other classes, so by Fire Elemental not resetting we are losing even more relative power to everyone else.

Now, the faster your group starts clearing Naxxramas the weaker we will get, as we will have to skip Fire Elemental on more and more bosses due to the 5 (or 10) minute cd. Also if you wipe an encounter every other class will come back with full power for the next try, while we are losing our biggest DPS CD which can account for 10-15% of our total damage on a boss. If you’re doing for example Obsidian Sanctum 3 drakes where the DPS check is really high, it’s not fun forcing an entire raid group to wait 3 minutes just for Fire Elemental to be up again.

Please reconsider Blizzard because its really bad having to play around the 5 minute cooldown and having to purposely slow down just to have it up for each boss.

3 Likes

I agree fire elemental should certainly be reset on bosses wipe/kill.

Can rets have 3.0 talents so we can at least pound on the warriors a bit harder? ;(

would be amazing! don’t know why other bigger class abilities reset and not FET. we gonna need everything we can get to keep up with other dps in later phases!

+1 would be nice to have FET reset along with other CDs.

1 Like

+1 it really doesn’t make much sense that especially a glpyhed Fire Elemental doesn’t reset.

1 Like

+1, makes no sense how it works atm.

1 Like

+1, please do something about this

1 Like

Blizzard please give us the Fire Elemental reset! It’s just such a awefull feeling to sit there and hope your team wipes to something stupid before the next boss so you can have it ready again (glyphed). Please hear our call, Blizzard /pray

1 Like

+1 makes sense to me

1 Like

I still don’t get why this wasn’t done in the first place. It should just reset.

Couldn’t agree more, Elemental Shamans are notoriously known to fall of really hard due to bad scaling in wrath, letting them have fire elemental on every fight would help balance that by giving them aditional consistent spell power scaling which just might make them stay “Viable” longer. Practically every other class got their long cooldowns reset after encounters but for some reasons Shaman spells were excluded

Reincarnate reset ?

Would like to point out that within content that is not steamrolled like Naxx is, FET not resetting is absolutely disgusting issue as your DPS between progress pulls will be too drastically different and that’s basically why the resetting hotfix was implemented in the first place. For the sake of consistency it simply has to reset. With or without glyph, doesn’t really matter.